Verified:

Duna Game profile

Sep 14th 2014, 7:12:37

I made a spy on Republic country and see "Defensive Bonus 1.2%". It never changed goverment, it was republic all reset (after swritching from Monarchy). On other hand, im a Fascist, wich means extra percents for me.
So, i assume, system converts used points to def bonus with my goverment and not targets goverment.

Obvious bug.

Plus:
1) Does it converts same way at attacks? Then its very bad.
2) When someone change goverment from/to F, does he loses "points" or percents?

Marshal Game profile

Sep 14th 2014, 12:51:48

bonuses don't change even if govt changes.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Duna Game profile

Sep 14th 2014, 14:19:18

im not sure, are you answering instead of admins or just discussing?
But according to site you are wrong. I dont remember where exactly it was said, but im sure i saw somewhere, that revolution also removes part of permanent bonuses (i assume same percent as in manage page shows).
So, if you change goverment, you change bonuses.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Sep 14th 2014, 18:37:41

correct, you do lose some bonus % when switching govs
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Duna Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 4:22:14

Somehow i think you lose not percent, but points. As it seems there is no percent in database and only points. Because of this bug.

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 17:33:33

Originally posted by Marshal:
bonuses don't change even if govt changes.

You lose permanent bonuses, same % as the rest of the stuff you do. You "don't lose" the ones you spent on Booms or Turns since those are already "spent" to make your country better, of which you're going to lose a % of anyway.

I can't say I've ever spent points in +Def Bonus before, that bonus is THAT bad, so... yeah. That bonus needs a massive buff or overhaul; currently it doesn't help netters, nor does it help warmongers.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Sep 26th 2014, 17:36:03
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Sep 26th 2014, 19:15:31

yea its not useful since wars have lately started early (not that it matters even if wars would start later) so not much points to be invested for warmongers and netters benefit from other bonuses and few % (like 5%) def bonus is drop in ocean.

if using bonuspoints on def bous would increase it 2% per used 8 points then it would be better for warmongers (unless wars are on early week 1).

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 27th 2014, 8:43:03

I suggest it should be changed from +0.5% defense bonus to just +0.5% weapons (multiplicative with your weapons%). So it retains its use defensively, but also works offensively. If you stack all your points on it, you'll reach about +30% by end of set. Useful for warring, but at least a good contender versus everyone just going for Turns all the time while warring. I'll even say I think +0.5% is too little.

(Believe me, If I'm sending 5m jets to PS you, sending 500k more is nothing to me. I see so many people on solo servers with Def bonus.)

Could also be useful for netting since it allows you to carry less units, spend less oil, giving a benefit much like a % reduction of expenses would.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Sep 27th 2014, 8:45:34
See Original Post

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 5th 2014, 8:55:22

If you do not expect to finish very high and to be regularly attacked, as for example trying a solo set on the Alliance server, then defence seems to me an excellent choice.

You can get to 23%.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 5th 2014, 13:13:58

23% more isn't that much even if raw break is 10m.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 16th 2014, 19:24:44

I like xin's idea; not sure how hard it'd be to implement though heh
Finally did the signature thing.