Verified:

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2010, 16:35:57

I know it will never happen but would be fun to bring some parity to the server....I haven't thought about it a whole bunch but it would go something like each alliance keeps 3 leaders (General Managers with ass't GMs lol) the rest go into the draft etc.

Worse "active" clan picks first:
Best picks last etc...

obviously someone would have to put together a set of rules to follow but it would be fun...we need to find a way to level out the playing field here otherwise we will probably never be able to grow FFA.

I'd probably pick Some Guy to see if this donk actually runs countries and if he does I would let my allies farm and kill him lol.

(runs back to bong)
Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You win this round. I concede.

DM Game profile

Patron

Apr 24th 2010, 16:58:50

haha -- Given it was done properly, I think we'd have a lot of fun with it.

(Steals rip from raz)

snawdog Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 17:17:56

That would be fun(of course me being the little fat kid that can't dunk,i would get picked dead last, after the short bus kid)
ICQ 364553524
msn

Makinso Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 17:24:42

LoL

I like the idea Raz. Maybe we(EE Staff) Could come up with an extra server idea where you just get put into a random tag every set. With a tags having a maximum of like 15 - 20 players and you have to do organize all through the ingame messaging board for your clan.

That would be a fun play as totally random players will be banded together.

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2010, 17:34:32

and if it is possible add player profiles to show finishes so if a "captain/GM" can pick a player easier (i.e if they need a killer to add to there clan they can check past kills or vice versa if they want a netter they can see recent finishes etc.)

but dont limit it to 1 country however keep the 15 limit...or w/e just something to think about... ;o)
Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You win this round. I concede.

Makinso Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 17:56:10

Jesus another server at 15??

You wanna get me killed or something?

DM Game profile

Patron

Apr 24th 2010, 18:16:12

No need too Maki, NBK did that already :P

I'm so dead for that...

*Runs FAST*

Waseem Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 18:53:39

oh snap :P

Waseem Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 18:56:23

I actually really really like this idea. it could make for great times.

although my only suggestion would be to decrease the limit from 15-20 players in a tag. i don't think there would be too many tags that way :P

I'd say a max of 10 players. and maybe a max of 10 countries per player?

Makinso Game profile

Apr 24th 2010, 19:58:00

Just you wait DM just you wait.

BSLIONS Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 1:43:53

You know, WW4 is having a server like that.

*COMING SOON*
In this game players play in teams of 5 called "Unions". You are automatically added to a union when you join for the first time. You will have a chance to change unions if you are unhappy with the one you get placed in and your union will have the option of removing their weakest player/country once per set, if they so choose.

Desperado Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 3:06:48

you know... doing this will at least give you something to do with primary server :P

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 3:48:11

bslions you know utopia had that like 9 years ago...

Except it wasnt ever random
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

W Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 15:12:11

i like it
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

gregg Game profile

Apr 25th 2010, 15:36:31

great idea
RESTRICT LaE to 80% of its cheat size

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 25th 2010, 23:09:22

could be something that could potentially be done as a bonus yearly server or something.

the thing is that everyone needs to buy into it. if you get drafted by a team you don't want to play with, you can't just screw them over or something, or the server won't work.

so I think as a normal server, definitely no... but as a bonus holiday server or something, it could be cool.... especially if it had more of an express style format... champions league or something :p
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

LeftyHa8er Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 1:03:35

i agree with pang i would say twice a year for one month to 2 weeks with express turns or near that 10-5 country limit and totally random clans with a board to post messages on for each other in game

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 15:26:57

I'mma say no on this one....unless a server is specifically created for it, that is

I like the core of the idea, but the problem I see is that the best "drafted" players essentially end up playing in the crappiest clans, let alone not playing with their friends. IMO, if you want to see old vets leave the game/server quickly, the best way to do it is to force them to play in some crappy arse little clan that is likely going to get tag-killed for their actions from last set, or just because they generally suck.

The other problem would be carry over politics from previous sets (assuming the same chain of command is always in place, as you mentioned in post #1). For example, clan A kills Clan B in reset 1....in Reset 2, Clan B comes back for revenge, but Clan A is now composed of %50 new players. Those %50 in Clan A that got drafted now get boned because of the actions of the 3 GM's that run the clan...

I kinda like Pang's idea of just doing it 1x per year as a little fun aside from the regular servers. You could sign up to either be a leader, or to be drafted.....leaders are randomly placed in pre-defined clans, and then allowed to draft available players in a rotation. The catch to it would be finding the leaders up front though...well, that and creating the whole drafting system, which I'm guessing would be a pain in the ass

W Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 16:06:10

get a few willing leaders and create 4 "clans". each clan gets a special set of bonuses which the leaders will try to make the best of.

at the start of the set, all countries that have been created are randomly sorted into these clans. maybe make provisions for leaders to "trade" countries if people aren't happy with what/who they get (because lets face it, some people will complain and quit if they don't get their way) and also provisions that you cannot attack your own clan.
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

trainboy Game profile

Apr 30th 2010, 22:56:22

i like the random it would help new players.
stop grudges to a certain degree and bring other players together
and u need the option to drop but it needs to be mutual

and no just cause they r newbs

and they should randomly join the smallest clan for fairness

no clan would be super newb this way

General TwizTid

May 1st 2010, 7:19:25

i like the set teams... people dropping a player because hes new is just wrong. Teach them, show them how to play this game.
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!