Verified:

Xelah Game profile

Apr 6th 2010, 17:59:21

On express last set, I turned some noob into a parking lot, destroying 97% of his buildings. When I got a new op to admire my handiwork, I noticed something odd.

The guy still had most of his CS intact. I'd only blown up about 1/3 of what he started with, despite the overall devastation. This can't be right. It almost defeats the purpose of AB'ing someone if they get to keep their CS.

On a short game like express, they might as well give up, but on team based servers they can fully recover with 3.5 days worth of turns if they started with 10k acres.
--Xelah
Death Knights
-*-*- First to get banned from the new forums 04-05-2010 -*-*-

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 6th 2010, 18:46:05

This one has a fix in the works... we're trying to decide what exactly do to do with it heh
Finally did the signature thing.

snawdog Game profile

Apr 6th 2010, 18:58:13

Yea, i seen that on some of thew other servers and it does kinna soften the ab blows.As far as i am concerned knocking out most of their CS is the MAJOR part of abs...But thanks for working on it.
ICQ 364553524
msn

Xelah Game profile

Apr 6th 2010, 18:59:30

How about adding "tank grabbing" ?

The other special attacks do more than 1 type of damage and are kill capable.
GS kills people and destroys bushels.
BR kills people and destroys buildings.

Why not have AB attacks also capture a small amount of land when blasting the enemy? Just land, not money, tech, food, and oil like a full LG. It would add new usefulness to an often overlooked attack type.
--Xelah
Death Knights
-*-*- First to get banned from the new forums 04-05-2010 -*-*-

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 8th 2010, 6:22:31

Would be nice if AB could destroy like %5 of CS or something like that. Xelah is right that it could use some revamping to make it more worthwhile.

I agree that it would be kinda nice if AB's could kill - say when all buildings were destroyed. It would add a new dimension to war, and make things more competitive on breaking larger countries.

Another fix to the destroyed CS problem that would mean a bit more work would be to add a "capacity" variable that calculates on a % scale and diminishes after AB's at a rate of say (Capacity*.98)/AB. For example, if you have 100 farms, and get AB'ed 10x, your capacity % goes down to %81 (1.0*.98*.98,etc)and your food production/bpt/pci drops by %19, with a lower limit of say %30 to avoid hitting %0 (unless you want to make it a killing attack). Capacity could be restored by running turns, and replenishes at a set rate (%2/turn? Maybe less?). This way, AB's pay off a bit more, but the recipient still has a chance to recover and fight back. This would also allow for a new tech for increasing production (non-indy) capacity. It could also lead to new gov't bonuses/penalties - Commie +%10 capacity, Rep -%10 capacity, etc...

Edited By: NOW3P on Apr 8th 2010, 6:27:16

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 8th 2010, 7:18:59

Slagpit fixed it up to destroy CS
Finally did the signature thing.