Verified:

AoS Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 6:02:01

I know it's been floated before, but has any thought been given to giving some of the NW of the deceased country to the person who killed it? I know cherry-pickers would be annoying, but maybe there'd be DR or something?

It'd give more valid reasons for war, at least.
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 26th 2010, 6:46:11

mmm

well what part
their leftover military? their leftover tech?

how do you distribute it? to the final cherrypicker? by population killed?
Finally did the signature thing.

AoS Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 6:53:54

I was thinking probably money and/or bushels, as those would most likely be looted in times of war. I would say to the person who gets the kill, although, like I said, this would probably be a feeding frenzy for cherrypickers. But, like I also said, maybe make diminished returns as an incentive to let your friends get the kill.

gregg Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 14:35:09

how about in the nominally non clan servers
giving it only to players who get the kill solo
and giving the player all of the remaining net worth?

u will get even more inter allegiance land farming than u have now
and u will also get more early kills

but on the brighter side
in the express server
theocracies may not win every single set

and of course the definition of a solo kill can be debated
how much time has to elapse between a failed kill shot
and a succesful attempt for it to be considered solo
but that is a detail not a deal killer
RESTRICT LaE to 80% of its cheat size

snawdog Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 14:47:23

Yea, that and to be an asshat,just watch the news and throw in a random gs/br or whatever, thus killing the chance of some guy getting his goodies..
ICQ 364553524
msn

NOW3P Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 15:18:25

Maybe just a military or spy op to pillage bushels/techs/cash on dead countries?

W Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 16:09:39

holy smokes what a great idea now3p. since dead countries just stick around, why not be able to scavenge from them with a special spy op or military operation.

i can picture the feeding frenzy when a big country gets killed :)
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

afaik Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 17:45:38

I like that too... first 3 offensive spy ops against a dead country yeild 50%, 30%, 20% of it's remaining bushels and cash - not enough to make it worthwhile killing someone for, but still a bonus.

Some things to consider:
Would it make sense to have it so one single player couldn't get all 3 ops?
Would it make sense to limit the gains to only those who attacked it in the last 2 hours? (help stop opportunistic stealing - although you could choose to leave that in... he says hopefully)

I don't like the idea of directly rewarding killing - there's too much suiciding already - but a spy op feature sounds good.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 17:50:25

"stealing"

Seriously? From a dead country??

Just make harmful ops work on dead countries and be done with it.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

W Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 18:15:53

they don't need it anymore nukevil :P hehe

AoS Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 18:23:37

Y'all need to stop bastardizing my idea D:

Naw, i'm just saying, it'd make sense for the country that kills another to ransack the place and leave, I don't think anyone would be interested in looting an already destroyed country. Just trying to keep the realism here, people!

W Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 18:34:53

come on AoS!

wild speculation is just more fun :D

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 26th 2010, 18:36:06

This has been suggested before.

Giving it just to the one making the killing hit is ludicrous. Should be divided out to everyone who hit based on civs killed. This way so called so called solo kills would still get all the loot but team efforts would reward all involved.

More conquest gameplay would completely change game dynamics
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

AoS Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 18:47:09

Yeah, I was thinking that way would make sense too, zarcon.

afaik Game profile

Apr 26th 2010, 19:10:48

lol NukEvil, when I said 'stealing' I meant 'stealing from the people who actually made the kill', not stealing from the dead sucker.

i.e. I sit there netting, see a country killed and run some spy ops to rape the food/cash - completely stolen from under the nose of everyone who killed it... better?

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Apr 28th 2010, 14:52:50

I think all the countries who participated should equally get the amounts from the killed country.

Prob be hard to do, so good luck with that lol

Edited By: LittleItaly on Apr 28th 2010, 14:53:09
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

raheel Game profile

May 4th 2010, 11:47:25

...by civilians seems the most logical. The breakers incur the largest cost in getting there.

One would automatically argue that everyone would want to break then, but that can't happen as if ppl just broke (but no kill happened) then no one would get anything as, well, I assume you need the kill to get anything at all. I suspect ppl would alternate being breakers/finishers to maximize clan wide return of resources.

Although this would have to be programmed well as I see certain complications:

1) What if a country is GSed before that by a random country (as often happens)...would the guy, totally outside a kill run, also be liable to resources? That seems weird/wrong. It would somehow have to be given only to ppl who were a part of the kill run

2) What is a kill run happened over many days...for targets that are walling...he would keep generating civilians and thereby screw up calculations for returns accruing to certain parties...I hope that made sense.

Also, then, what resources? Military doesn't make sense, as warring would then pay for itself (it makes sense that an attacker should lose military - i.e. incur a cost for attacking). So thats out. The ppl can't get the civilians either, as u need all of them to die for a kill run. Bushels would also get destroyed in a GS. That leaves cash, which is usually not worth it on many warring targets....usually. Maybe cash and tech? I guess it does make sense to disburse the tech, because many times in historic wars (IRL) the invaders took over the libraries/culture/arts as spoils of war. So that could work.

This is an interesting idea actually but probably a logistical and programming nightmare.

:)

NukEvil Game profile

May 4th 2010, 12:19:04

Originally posted by raheel:
...by civilians seems the most logical. The breakers incur the largest cost in getting there.

One would automatically argue that everyone would want to break then, but that can't happen as if ppl just broke (but no kill happened) then no one would get anything as, well, I assume you need the kill to get anything at all. I suspect ppl would alternate being breakers/finishers to maximize clan wide return of resources.

Although this would have to be programmed well as I see certain complications:

1) What if a country is GSed before that by a random country (as often happens)...would the guy, totally outside a kill run, also be liable to resources? That seems weird/wrong. It would somehow have to be given only to ppl who were a part of the kill run

2) What is a kill run happened over many days...for targets that are walling...he would keep generating civilians and thereby screw up calculations for returns accruing to certain parties...I hope that made sense.

Also, then, what resources? Military doesn't make sense, as warring would then pay for itself (it makes sense that an attacker should lose military - i.e. incur a cost for attacking). So thats out. The ppl can't get the civilians either, as u need all of them to die for a kill run. Bushels would also get destroyed in a GS. That leaves cash, which is usually not worth it on many warring targets....usually. Maybe cash and tech? I guess it does make sense to disburse the tech, because many times in historic wars (IRL) the invaders took over the libraries/culture/arts as spoils of war. So that could work.

This is an interesting idea actually but probably a logistical and programming nightmare.

:)

Just limit the countries the spoils go to AND the calculations of how many civilians died to those that made attacks that occurred on a dying country, say, a day before it actually died (In most cases, if you can't kill a country in less than a day, either your war department didn't get the country's playing times right, or your killruns need to be faster)...

Also, most warring countries have stockpiles of oil. And spies. Oil is not vulnerable to military attacks. The extra spies would definitely add expenses, so countries acquiring those extra assets would probably want to sell them off.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 4th 2010, 19:32:21

Could work it into the idea of clans actually declaring war on another clan ingame. Or regular dow on solo servers.

To make it more interesting, could limit it to the last 200 or whatever hits on the dead country and still base it off civs killed. Would mean that mid breakers get the most. Wouldn't have too many problems with breakers being annoyed because they'd get their turn to be midbreakers. Might start seeing spoil campers tho. But that would make internal affairs of a clan a bit more interesting

Implementing this idea, with strict guidelines(like last X attacks) wouldn't be a programming nightmare. It would be an awesome improvement to the game.

Even if there was a max spoils a country could get per kill, to deter opportunistic kills.

Game developers should be able to make some decisions on how much and what would be included in the spoils.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

W Game profile

May 5th 2010, 0:13:13

what happens to the countries goods that are on market?

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 5th 2010, 8:59:04

Heh. I'd assume that the "false market orders" spy op would be in place by the time any of this was put in. Tho, they may decide to change their minds and not implement it.

I'm sure game admins could figure out what happens to every good, no matter if its at home or on market. Our job is to feed viable ideas. Its up to the admins whether it gets introduced or not and also up to them on the specifics on how it worked.

Personally, i'd like a little more less predictability of this game where everyone playing knows nearly every equation in relation to gameplay.

I'm sure a lot of the good ideas will get put in when this game starts gaining players instead of losing them
-iZarcon
EE Developer