Verified:

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 1:07:45

Standing orders to be executed when funds become available. For example I put tech on sale and want to buy defense once it sells. If you only play once a day then that is a long time to wait before you can buy up defense, especially on express.

It also allows you to wait for the 18 hour bonus.

If this will be abused somehow than maybe its only for private markets. It would make destock smoother for people who can't be on the computer at the end of a set.

Edited By: AndrewMose on Nov 10th 2011, 1:29:41
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 1:12:14

I agree with this.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Gzisimon2 Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 2:09:28

Great idea

bertz Game profile

Nov 10th 2011, 4:37:54

almost like a bot

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 10th 2011, 15:39:48

this is something we've thought about, BUT it requires much more logic and checking than the current SO system; the current SO doesn't even need to look at the country row really :)

The implementation of checking for money wouldn't be so bad as deciding what price the SO display should say; we'd have to check the money on hand for each country at the max SO price every time we update the SO prices (which is currently on a 1 minute refresh time for new ones, and to the second for dropping old ones)

anyway, possibly

i also have some other ideas about so's in general... but yea.
Finally did the signature thing.

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 20:00:49

so after a year, has anything changed with SOs?

Marshal Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 20:31:21

no, i still get sometimes market news saying you tried to sell xxx to standing order but buyer didn't have money.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

blid

EE Patron

Nov 15th 2012, 20:54:05

Originally posted by Marshal:
no, i still get sometimes market news saying you tried to sell xxx to standing order but buyer didn't have money.
yeah, qzjul mentioned it would be hard to determine what the SO price should say, but since half the time SOs don't have any funds backing them, what they say is meaningless atm anyway...
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Nov 15th 2012, 23:52:10

I actually thought about something along these same lines the other night. And its for the same reason, trying to get those 12 or 18 hour bonuses without leaving large stocks of cash sitting idle until I can log back in. If you sell off whatever unit you are producing in less than 12 or 18 hours, your are usually stuck with a large wad of cash and no way to put that towards anything until you actually log in to spend it or place some SO's.

Two things I came up with are:
1) Spread out the bonus turns in 1 turn intervals. Currently you get 3 turns for 12 hours, so spreading that out would be 1 turn every 4 hours. I am assuming the reason for this bonus turn system is to keep the servers from being overloaded due to everyone playing at the same time? Offering turns in exchange for not staying logged in all the time and hogging server resources? I don't exactly know how much more server traffic spreading the bonus turns out would create, or if server load is even an issue. But it would get rid of making people wait 12 hours before they could log in and spend their cash if they still wanted to get the bonus turns. A 4 hour time period doesn't seem too bad of a wait IMO. This would also allow people to play at times that are more convenient to their schedules while still receiving most of the bonus turns. My schedule is not the same each day, so waiting 12-24 hours and playing my turns at the same time each day doesn't work for me. Which is a bummer because I have to either sacrifice the bonus turns to log in early at a convenient time, or log in hours after the bonus turns would be given, at a less convenient time.

2) What if you were able to mark certain SO's not expire if you didn't have the cash available? Wouldn't this accomplish the same thing? You place the SO you want for the specified quantity, and then the SO tries to get those goods until the quantity specified is purchased, or the SO is canceled. This would allow a SO to remain open even if the country didn't have the funds at the time to complete the SO, but the country was expecting funds at a later time and still wanted the SO available until such time. One problem I see is the continual loop of a country trying to fulfill the SO even though it doesn't have the funds. Some kind of timer or way to prevent the SO from continually trying to purchase the goods without funds would need to be put in place I think.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Xinhuan Game profile

Nov 16th 2012, 1:30:08

I see an infinite loop in the forming when a demo SOs its own goods on the market.

crest23 Game profile

Nov 16th 2012, 4:26:49

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
I see an infinite loop in the forming when a demo SOs its own goods on the market.

Not possible.
The Nigerian Nightmare.