Verified:

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jun 22nd 2010, 23:54:54

Firstly get to work on the history page. I'd like to see a history of who won what resets perhaps with their forum name attached if they want. As well as what alliances finished tops for TNW ANW etc...

Secondly it'd be cool if major wars were logged on this page for each reset as well. With total hits/kills/whatnot noted. I'm not sure what language the current version of the game is written in.
Smarter than your average bear.

Forgotten1

Jun 23rd 2010, 0:19:22

Maybe less vague on war stats in numbers, but maybe something like,

LaF had a devastating 24 Hour First Strike in the JUN/AUG 2010 Reset where they killed half of RAGEnELY's countries. Creating many topics in our forums debating the fairness factor of a larger alliance vs a smaller alliance.

spam
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 23rd 2010, 3:53:19

it would be nice to have an option where you could set a display name to all your old countries in the scores list if you wanted to

in express for example where people change names frequently would be interisting to see who does well

could set it server by server, perhaps differant monikers for each server to appease the shady types but im not much for that

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 23rd 2010, 4:59:46

you can't use adjectives like devestating to describe these sorts of events in an official capacity as it isn't a fair description. I think raw figures would be much better suited.

E.g. say the msg you stated was flashed up forgotten.

And say later in the set Collab FS's SOL, kills 15 countries, which is what 20% of SOL? and the msg that pops up says " Collab has an effective FS against SOL, killing 20% of their countries".

People would get the idea LaF's FS is superior, even though the raw numbers would show that Collab's did 2 more kills.

These sorts of errors in description would be easy, and could lead to unecessary player angst. Where as raw stats can't be construed as bias in any way and give a clear indication of what has happened. It should be up to the players themselves to develop a narrative from the stats.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 23rd 2010, 16:34:44

If somebody could come up with a no-human-interaction-at-all sort of formula/algorithm for quantifying wars, then i'd be up for posting stats on wars; the problem is identifying stuff like that
Finally did the signature thing.

llaar Game profile

Jun 23rd 2010, 17:06:01

http://wiki.earthempires.com/...hp/Category:Earth_Records

i actually was just working on updating some of the records

Forgotten1

Jun 23rd 2010, 20:11:57

DL, i'm just saying, adding adjectives would help a more epic feeling to it,

but if the way the admins want to do it, by pure stats, it would be great also. saying amount of kills, hits, and % of total available would be nice.

we could include significant events within the politics also. if some how an alliance decide to enforce country : country retal and cause wars that last for resets...
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 24th 2010, 2:15:21

just a generic WAR listed next to some tags could be useful looking back years later to work out who warred

countries killed and lost over the course of a set would probably adequately represent that though

since as soon as you included hits you would run the risk of listing who grabbed who and calling that a war

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 24th 2010, 2:46:33

yeah i do realise your point forgotten, it also would help make it easier for newbies to understand as well.

If there was a quantifiable definition of what each adjective meant included maybe in a link from the page titled "explaination of warstats" or something maybe?

Forgotten1

Jun 24th 2010, 17:07:58

each earth term gets hyperlinked to wiki saying what it actually means?

moo
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

Dragonlance Game profile

Jun 25th 2010, 1:46:52

could work.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 25th 2010, 15:26:28

give me a war scoring function :)
Finally did the signature thing.

Detmer Game profile

Jun 25th 2010, 15:27:10

I love that sort of fluff. I'll get you your function!

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 25th 2010, 22:53:49

thanks detmer!

massive integration like that is one stage beyond the FB stuff we've been working on for a while.
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2010, 4:29:46

the simple option is to click a button which brings up the 'war' page

then lists:

kills in
kills out
special hits in
special hits out
shpk in
shpk out

and if you click on a tag brings up who those hits and kills were on and by

from that point if you want to include a scoring function you can but it shouldnt really matter

perhaps snapshots at certain points so people know country count and total net at start of war

would be nice to be able to see snapshots of the ranking pages we currently have too, i presume taking a picture once a week then saving it somewhere is a fairly easy change, then you just link into it somehow

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2010, 4:46:33

oh since youd then have all the stats, and timelines for stuff you could come up with arbitrary rankings for war performance and netting performance

giving tags easy to see scores for performance during a reset

think inverse t25 points

25 points for first in total net and average net, +2 points per top 10, +1 point per top 100

for netting

then for war

total kills 25 points for top
total hits 25 points for top
hits per country 25 points for top
.1 point per restart
.2 point for kill

perhaps something like:
MAX(2;hitsin/hitsout+1)*hitsout
and same for kills to give more points when your output is still good while taking heavy fire

and stuff like that
unfortunately without official declare dates you dont get a good way to compare a short war with a long war, which is ok since a long war is harder

but might encourage very early set war decs for points rather than ingame or political reasons

anyway netting would be a lot easier than war to ascribe points to

to be fair youd need to work out somehow average turns stored at start of war, who got the first strike basically hits done in first 24 hours

what would make warstats a lot easier is an ingame war mechanism between 2 or more tags that provided benefits people would want in a war, but would be undesirable to use outside of war

perhaps a slight percentage of increased gains and damage or military power so that using 'war' for landgrabbing or retalling would be considered an act of war

then as soon as war was declared it could start ticking in terms of stats so your war performance would look horrible if you tried to abuse it

anyway this feels a bit clumsy so hopefully someone has a better way to count wars

perhaps tied to the forums a war dec ceasefire and peace can even list tags and link into the stats

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2010, 4:48:33

maybe someone has those old multi reset netgaining rankings that always seemed to show newmonsters on top

that formula could be interisting