Verified:

i81u812 Game profile

Jul 13th 2010, 21:50:32

I own all three and 9 other 360's I bought off.Cl and fixed for 30$ a piece I have alomst all.the systems back to Paradise built in including Sega CD and neogeo and tg16 I'd say if you wanna have fun and enjoy games alone or with friends 360 is the most fitting as a all around gaming machine oh and BTW blueray ftl other then disc space I'd take a dl hddvd + over it anyday for the sheer ability to burn my own games if needed... wii is fun though I just only play it now when I'm drinking.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 13:36:27

"It has also been shown that XBOX even with weaker hardware is more efficient and has better graphical performance than the Playstation."

Ever seen multiplat game side by side? Whatever you mean by graphical performance the PS3 version almost always has an edge.

I also disagree vehemently with your analysis of the Wii. It's #1 because it's the best overall system. That's why Sony and MS dedicated their E3 press conferences this year to stuff Nintendo came out with 5 years ago.
Smarter than your average bear.

Pangaea

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 14th 2010, 14:04:46

if you like playing games with real people in your house and just chilling -> get a wii

if you like playing 2-person racing games or shooting games -> get an xbox

if you like playing RPG style games by yourself -> get a PS3

I have a wii and an xbox
never owned any PlayStations ever... I find all the games incredibly boring compared to what's on other systems
-=Dave=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires' Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 14:40:19

PC Gaming is on the way out because the format sucks.
it especially sucks because of cheaters, but it also sucks because it's hardware independent.
it sucks because it is done on a general purpose machine.
PC Gaming machines are the most over priced power consuming things on the planet.

my PC Gaming machine consumed 452 watts of power, and generated 1,000 BTUs of heat. Dang Near 1/2 the power of my Microwave. and you dang morons leave that crap running 24/7 just so you can get instant messages.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Jul 14th 2010, 20:21:02

oh, one reason to get a 360 is so that you can beat me down in Pinball FX. if you got the reflexes for just simply randomly hitting 2 buttons. i'd challenge people to Wii Fit, but don't know exactly how to do it. do i need a credit card?

Jul 14th 2010, 21:00:54

what can you buy with $50 and a PS3?
can you rent a movie?
can you buy a TV show?
can you download an original xbox game?

Jul 14th 2010, 21:04:30

seems like they changed the download queue of the 360 from 6 to 30. probably going to take me a while to download the 40G of videos that i purchased.

but, i do get to get them again.

what's you got on that PS3?

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 14th 2010, 21:50:21

a.) Both the Wii and PS3 have better back catalogues to download classic games from.

b.) Netflix does stream movies and whatnot on both the PS3 and the Wii AND you don't have to pay for adapters and $50 a year for NO reason just to use your own internet service that you already pay for.

c.) You almost always end up spending more on your 360 then a PS3. The 360 just gets you on the back end by nickel and diming you for every little thing.

d.) I have nothing but utter contempt for your assertion that the 360 RPGs are better. Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Odyssey and Fable are all CRAP RPGs. The good RPGs on the 360 generally have better updated versions on the PS3 because MS paid out money to have them released on their console first and the developers then decided to give a bunch of extra content on the PS3 releases later. Folklore and Valkyria Chronicles are both exclusive Wii RPGs that are better then any 360 exclusive RPG.

Jul 14th 2010, 22:01:13

what you mean back dimed and nickeled?
heck i ain't even tried to download them dang videos for a year, yet the let me do it for free simply because i paid up my gold membership for this year.

and you're totally imagining things if you don't think that Lara Croft looks better on the xbox 360. you probably don't even know what an RPG is, probably think it's some kinda Muslim thing that explodes over your head and spreads shrapnel all around.

TheORKINMan Game profile

Jul 15th 2010, 0:16:15

"yet the let me do it for free simply because i paid up my gold membership for this year."

If you don't understand the absurdity of the statement you are a lost cause. I mean the 360 nickels and dimes you because you have to pay extra for things that come with the other consoles free, aka online play, wireless adapters, motion control(in the case of the wii), hell just use your 360 for 3-4 years and with the extra costs of an XBox Live sub(which is the most ridiculous scam ever concocted) the cost of your 360 already exceeds the PS3 and WAY exceeds the Wii.

Pain Game profile

Jul 17th 2010, 10:30:16

i have all three systems. i havent played my wii in a year or so cause i gave it to my little cousins to use but it def has the highest fun factor. resident evil 4 on wii is probably one of the most enjoyable games ive played simply based on gameplay with the wiimote and nunchuck.

xbox is definatley better for online stuff, and they have turtle beaches which are the fluff for mw2 and i would guess other 1st person shooters alike. controllers are def the most comfortable once you get used to them (after coming from a ps3 controller anyways)

ps3 has alot of good exclusive games but ive been playing alot of PSone classics lately (FF7, resident evil 1) which gives it an advantage over xbox because there are a TON of old school PSone games that are still fun as fluff to play, and you can download alot of them from the PS store.

but orkin is right, after a few years of XBL youve basically paid for the price of the system. not to mention map packs and such for xbox are like $5 more then on PS3. you can get the map packs for COD for 9.99 on PS and on xbox its 1600 ms points which comes out to $15-16 bucks.
Your mother is a nice woman

vincey Game profile

Sep 6th 2010, 18:38:16

I have the PS3 and my wife has the Xbox so by the rules of deduction dear Watson the xbox is a girlies toy and the PS3 is the REAL MANS techno tool

Desperado Game profile

Sep 9th 2010, 22:24:55

Xbox live - you have to pay for to get on

Platstation Network - Always free

Games: 99% of the first person shooters are on both consoles. Most of the good RPGs are on both consoles, and each console has their own exclusives that are really good.

now, you can mod an xbox and get any game you want to get, at the cost of being able to get online, sure you can flash the bios and all that fluff for the xbox and get around microsoft's auto-ban of hacked systems... until they just come out with another security patch.

As for the PS3... you can mod the ps3 and be able to not only still play games online, but you can also update your software, download your movies, tv, etc. and play burned games. Thus, you go buy a bluray burner, and you can get any game you ever wanted... and sony doesn't give a fluff about it lol

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Acheron Game profile

Sep 11th 2010, 12:24:19

PS3!

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 4:18:53

360 has better games, better online (you do have to pay)
ps3 has a free service that sucks, but built in blu ray.

I loved my dreamcast!
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!

K_L Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 12:44:05

I got PS3 but still would say WII... I play more WII games.
BTW.. if someone wants to beat me in UFC 2010 come to FBI irc channel. I'm easy (in ufc too)

Spear Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 19:26:14

Blu-ray > everything

AEIOU Game profile

Sep 19th 2010, 1:41:48

PS3 because of its blu-ray capabilities. If you aren't interested in the PS3 exclusives, I understand that most multiplatform games are better on 360, so I'd probably go with that... Personally, I have both, although rarely any time to play either of them.