Verified:

lincoln

Jun 4th 2011, 15:57:59

this bonus situation is just one of 49 rule changes which were made to help all-x countries and to discourage LGs.

twist was simply stating the obvious when he said the current bonus system favors all-x countries. note how he did not even bother to flush out the self-evident truth.

because i have been posting for thirteen months now i realize that complex arguments, logical proofs and dispository algorithms do not carry the day on tis site. so i will just state it as simply as i can.

e.g. in primary, countries a,b,c and d begin play on day 1.
a,b and c are all-x noobs who take their bonuses as farmers, oilers and cashers. d is an LGer who takes the time and turns required to build up a fully teched offense. by day thirty the noobs have used thirty helpful daily bonuses while the thoughtful LGer has received none. the LGer has opted for one of the permanent bonuses which are of marginal utility in the early days of a set.
by the time the thoughtful techer has enough offense to hit the all-x monopoly players they are more than twice or three times his size and hitting them is forbidden by the penalty against hitting up.
this oversimplification will no doubt be attacked but i gave up complex statements when dantzig and enshula quit posting.

Edited By: Slagpit on Jun 4th 2011, 18:28:54
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
FoG