Verified:

Drow Game profile

Sep 16th 2011, 10:02:15

AoS: I have them in my car, because here in Aus, country roads have NO streetlights, and I do a large and consistent amount of country driving. being able to see for a good distance in the dark when you are driving at speed is a GOOD THING...

Kemo: if I was in front of you and you tried to bull past me I'd let you hit me… I need a new car too.

in regard to merging, my pet peeve is people who intentionally speed up to bull past, regardless of whether they are coming in from the side road, or were on the continuing road.

deep code: it's a spoiler, and it "spoils" the flow of air to create extra grip… well it would if they were doing 150+ km/h anyways… at street speeds, it does exact;y zero.

Aussieland: our coppers here in West Aus, WILL pull you over and fine you for doing even 2 km/h over the speed limit. this despite the fact that there is a 5% margin of error built into car speedometers... it's also illegal to talk or text on a phone over here too, without using a handsfree kit for phone calls. at least I got away with it once when I was passed by a cop, he saw me pick my phone up, press the button to stop the text alert and drop it on the seat. he was driving past me, TALKING on his mobile. he pulls me over and says " you know it's illegal to use your phone while driving right?" I says "yeah, I stopped the tone and put it down. you were talking on yours..." he says, "no it wasn't a phone, I was using a portable communications device". I says "bullfluff, show me." he says "just don't do it again, drive safe"

oh and another pet peeve? cops using their lights to cross an intersection because they can't be bothered waiting for the lights to change... see it so many times. cop car pulls up to the lights, sits for about 5 seconds at the red, flips the lights on, cruises through the intersection then promptly turn the lights off and keeps on driving. wankers.
Lastly, here in West Aus at least, it's only 2 years of probationary driving. 6 months on red P's then 18 months on green.

Edited By: Drow on Sep 16th 2011, 10:20:45
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit

Paradigm President of failed speeling