Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 3rd 2012, 17:35:04

Originally posted by tduong:
Originally posted by Pang:
absolutely not.

the fact you post this here before even contacting either me or qz privately instantly makes me uninterested :p

the fact you don't have infrastructure in place & I've already been offered a variety of hosting alternatives + money to just create one, i'd go with that route.

additionally, the game's hosting is not in question.

this is a public proposal. Not just for you pang.
Anyone here can host another website, we just need your collaboration to make it work once it's up.

ok, then why the following:
Originally posted by tduong:
I'm willing to build a server and host it in my home if you are willing to actually do more marketing. I will host the game and boxcar site as well as long as I can make a profit.

seems like you're looking to host the specific hosting site I made as well as the game (which, like I said, does not have any hosting concerns to begin with).

You are correct, you are welcome to host a website... but if anyone is going to beef up their home setup to do this and get paid for it, it's me, qz, zarc or martian. If you're looking to make money off this with a home-based set up that doesn't currently exist, we're better off going with a professional VPS for lower cost. Sorry, it's just economics. But the lack of tact isn't the best :p

I wish you luck if you wish to create your own hosting site though! The more hosting site options, the better!

Edited By: Pang on May 3rd 2012, 17:37:30
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com