Verified:

Cougar Game profile

Jun 24th 2012, 15:59:21

As far as religion goes...

You now develop faith as a resource the same way you do with culture. A few of the original civ5 buildings that generate culture have been re-purposed to generate faith instead (ie monastery, mosque, and wonders such as Stonehenge). Also, a building called "shrine" has been added as a faith-generating version of the monument.

When you acquire enough faith, you are able to found a pantheon, which allows you to select one of a group of bonuses that do things such as increase in gold/productivity/faith for different types of tiles or extra happiness from certain conditions.

After getting some more faith, you spawn a Great Prophet who is able to found a full-fledged religion, which allows you to pick several other perks from different lists. The perks are limited to only one religion, so once someone else has picked it, it is unavailable.

As you keep generating faith, you can use it to make missionaries to spread your religion to two cities (great prophets can spread up to 4 times themselves) or inquisitors to remove other religions from your cities. Certain religion perk allow you to spend faith, instead of gold, on certain buildings. One perk even lets you spend faith on military units up to a certain age. Social policies unlock the ability to spend faith to buy a great person of your chosing.

Overall I like the religion addition. In Civ4:BTW I would try to found Hinduism and Judaism both in my capital city, build the money generating religious buildings for both, then build wall street and make tons of gold.. Can't really do that now.

Also, you can shake down city-states for tribute. If you have enough military in the area, they will give you gold or a worker, your choice. You will take a relations hit with them, and any civilization that has pledged protection will declare war on you. Also, if you have pledged protection, and a cpu demands tribute from one of your allies, you are given the choice to go to war with them. If you do not, the city-state that you backed out on will shun you for a number of turns.

Nice that they added some teeth there.

Edited By: Cougar on Jun 24th 2012, 16:05:31
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit