Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 28th 2012, 14:11:36

it's not mehul, it's an imposter unless mehul has been playing EE secretly for a long time and moved a couple of hundred miles from his coffee shop. :p

typically we ban ppl who steal mehul/old mods'/old players' forum accounts so we can hold them for the real users, but this is somewhat entertaining and I cbf'ed right now. we already hold 2 for mehul i think :p

i also don't know if mehul would want to develop more apps in today's market unless he has forsaken his coffee business and got back into coding pretty seriously since he last touched ee/utopia. since his coffee shop is apparently very successful, i'd bet he'd rather focus on that. his coffee shop website is built using late-90's HTML specs, so maybe it's possible he's into webcoding! but i talked to jolt a bunch about the code for E2025 back when we were hopeful it would get work done and the code was... lacking for 2008-9 standards. that's one of the key reasons earth got little to no work done under both late Mehul and/or Jolt/Omac. the code was nearly unmaintainable and needed a major port to a proper web language; making even small changes was difficult and there were several hacks in (remember how the game went down every hour for like 1 minute?). even utopia -- his baby til the end -- needed a recode, although it was definitely better and he learned from EE and incorporated more advanced pieces. I have no way to verify any of this because it came from Jolt developers, but it does make sense given how weblanguages were done at the time.

either way, enjoy the thread for what it is, but don't get sucked into the "is this mehul?? hi mehul!" side of things.

on a side note, i bet if mehul came back he would give most folks a big hug for continuing what he started, not try to belittle their accomplishments. it's not like anyone here hides from the fact this is a continuation of a defunct 90's web game with our own spin on it. just need to start getting things to spin in a slightly different direction.

Edited By: Pang on Jul 28th 2012, 14:16:53
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com