Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2013, 10:54:27

Hi All!

As some of you may be aware, I've been working on modifying the game framework for some time (first commit was January 4th *2012*, though I'd been working on some concepts in December 2011).

The changes effectively modify nearly every URL in the game, making it more like a directory structure. Since I was changing the framework, I also fixed up a lot of our original code while going through. So it effectively became a code review.

The reasons behind the changes were:
a) we want to be able to integrate the forums into the game at some point
b) the sub-domain format was causing an increasing number of problems for people due to cookies not always working on some devices, or intermittently
c) the sub-domain format is annoying for Google tools & SEO &etc (yes it works if you mess with it)
d) some of the basics of the site were coded *really fast* in 2009 to prep for OMAC closing E2025; users and servers were used simply as globalled id's which then grabbed stuff from cache -- while efficient in terms of speed, it was really annoying to code with; so I've upgraded all the basics that should have been OOP to start with to OOP

Anyway, despite the fact that I've been playing my country on this code for some weeks, *I have changed nearly every line of code in the game* over the last year. So I expect some errors.

I'm fixing them as they show up in our live error feed, but there'll be some inevitable ones that I've missed. Let us know on B&S, I'll get to them ASAP.

Thank you all again for your continued support :)

-qzjul & the EE Dev Team

Edited By: qzjul on Aug 23rd 2013, 18:17:33
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit
Finally did the signature thing.