Verified:

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 17th 2010, 21:32:00

lol ya... my response was kind of mean and overboard :-/

accept my apologies for that... things get heated :)

as for the content though... I think that the tunnel vision is on both sides... people have to start realizing that THEY have to up their game too and not expect LaF to "be nice" and not play to their full potential. LaF does recognize that they hit more than anyone else.... and are usually the easiest to vilify as farmers of some folks.

I mean at this point, we've actually TOLD the players how they can effectively create tag protection.... can they at least TRY that before it's instantly dismissed?

We're not actually bad folks... we realize land has to come from somewhere and we don't like taking it from active players or anyone who is going to quit over it. It's part of the game to land grab people.... I would agree that if we were in a situation where we have a "static" community that will never ever grow no matter what we did, then there would be a case for this, but it would be more of an appeal to the PLAYERS. It's not like the players would stop if they moved to a different alliance. They may even be WORSE, if it's an alliance who doesn't feel like controlling their members at all.

[Puts on admin hat]
In the grand scheme of where the game is moving, it's not going to be an issue much longer. We're spending all our time working on the FB move, which should substantially increase the size of the pool of players to recruit from for this server, and a lot will probably come over on their own as well. Once we're done all that, I think our next "major" project is some kind of AI element, so that will also help the land situation.

The combination of those two should ensure that there is a large enough pool of land/countries to draw from that EVERYONE can go back to a more normal style of grabbing....

The kind where flaming is not necessary every single day :)

Edited By: Pang on Aug 17th 2010, 21:36:30
Back To Thread
See Subsequent Edit
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com