Verified:

Viceroy Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 3:31:09

Originally posted by MauricXe:
Originally posted by Daz:
I don't actually give a crap about the legal side, for me it's the word marriage and it's religious connotations that bother me.

Can't it just be called a civil union? same tax/inheritance/insurance/etc rights... ?

SOme son of a fluff is going to freak out on a pastor/priest/etc from a religion that doesn't recognize a persons homo-orientation and instead see's it as an abomination(which is their constitutionally protected right, BTW), and try and force the issue of a church-accepting it because "it's the law and they have rights" while stripping that church man of his rights and beliefs.

Either EVERYONE has their rights, or no one does. Find this post in the next 3-5 years once they've decided the bill of rights is just too old/passe or w/e and needs 'updating' for political correctness issues.

this is fear mongering. the government is not going to force churches to accept gay marriages.

If they wanted to, it would be as simple as threatening their tax-exempt status that all religions enjoy (unless you aren't a mainstream enough religion that is!) on grounds that they promote hate. This move would not be at all dissimilar to want Elizabeth Dole did with federal highway funds when she linked them to the minimum drinking age of 21.

And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.