Verified:

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Mar 6th 2017, 16:56:04

I disagree in the strongest sense.

If a player gets a rush by ABing or missile attacking players that did them nothing, don't you think there should be a natural barrier of skill involved in doing so? I mean it is difficult to netgain, the explores go down, you get DR fast when grabbing so you can't take all the land etc. If I want to ruin someones reset I just do it, it is fast and easy, I can run a 5 minute country for two days and destroy someones chance to top 10 even if he was set to win.
Shouldn't it be harder if it is fun? Why should only one thing be a challenge?

One of the greatest changes I have seen since I came back was the significant drop in topfeeding gains. It was exactly the same idea. It was too easy to just produce/buy all-jets and hit someone for fluffs and giggles and watch them retal back for 1/3rd of the land. This is why Land:land retal policies had to be invented, in order to balance the playing field that Mehul tilted in favour of the ones who had no intention of doing well.

Getting grabbed without provocation has always been part of the game, getting suicided by multies, or weaker players that were jealous or simple-minded is the reason I and many other players quit the game in the first place. Again, League of Legends have a tribunal that punishes players for toxic behaviour* and it is a hugely successful and popular game with around 100 million active players. Do you honestly think they are wrong in punishing toxic play?

*Anything that corresponds to being obvious about not attempting to win the game is considered a punishable offence in LoL.

This obviously need not be the case in EE. But a tilt in that direction would be very beneficial.