Verified:

Tmac Game profile

Nov 4th 2022, 0:28:04

Yeah, turrets are expensive to keep! I remember in one of my first sets back I hit some capable countries like that. I pumped up to 65m turrets and avoided the retals, but all those turrets I had cost me more, lol.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2022, 3:43:32

Moral of the story...... Don't grab good countries..... Time and time again this gets proven true!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SuperFly Game profile

Nov 4th 2022, 5:41:03

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Moral of the story...... Don't grab good countries..... Time and time again this gets proven true!

But how do you know that you are grabbing a bad country? Could always be a late start half decent player who will sell stuff and get in range and just nuke u like I did

Only solution is bring in bots and make this another bot farming safe heaven

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2022, 6:05:35

No
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Nov 4th 2022, 9:50:14

Originally posted by SuperFly:
Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

But how do you know that you are grabbing a bad country? Could always be a late start half decent player who will sell stuff and get in range and just nuke u like I did

You can never be 100% sure but I would hope I could distinguish a good latestart from a bad player. for one the country number would give me a clue. But you are right, there are reasons why a capable player could be ranked low temporarily.

What I do if its late is I look at the players income and if he can say buy only jets for all his money and income for 2 days or three and thats enough to retal me I don't hit him. If its early that is always the case so I look more for 'is this a sufficiently bad build that I can outgrow him with ease'

neversilence

Nov 4th 2022, 10:13:43

Originally posted by Gerdler:
His mistake was he hit a country that could retal.

If he had gone all turrets the added expenses would cost more than the grab helped him by far. Thats why you need to avoid grabbing like that.

having a better 2nd def ally would also help :)

neversilence

Nov 4th 2022, 10:16:55

Of course only a small difference I know. This definitely was not my set right from the start and I got pretty sloppy with it after marky mark did his ROR. Poorly executed on my part, but I had said in that moment free of any emotional response my plan was simply lick that guy in a few days time with missiles and AB.

Tmac Game profile

Nov 4th 2022, 12:23:45

Yep, income, income, income. I hear people say they were looking for fat countries with low defense while I look for skinny countries with all defense, lol. Of course if there are 2 low income countries I'll go with the fatter one with less D, but I'm mostly hitting countries under 10k acres with lots of defense.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Nov 4th 2022, 13:09:36

Originally posted by neversilence:
Of course only a small difference I know. This definitely was not my set right from the start and I got pretty sloppy with it after marky mark did his ROR. Poorly executed on my part, but I had said in that moment free of any emotional response my plan was simply lick that guy in a few days time with missiles and AB.

Nice retal there:)

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 4th 2022, 13:14:46

If the folks running the game ever added bots to this server I would quit playing all together

This is the only server I play and I enjoy it because there are no bots

Tmac Game profile

Nov 4th 2022, 15:26:57

Last time slag was asking questions and making changes he asked us primary players if we wanted bots here. The response was overwhelmingly no =)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 4th 2022, 17:49:19

Originally posted by neversilence:

Going to war and remaining relevant at the same time in this server is a feat in it of itself, you did good 👍
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 5th 2022, 1:09:16

Could be a high scoring top five this round

Tmac Game profile

Nov 5th 2022, 13:44:59

I now know that I'm beyond the point of rebuilding earthquakes 🤨

LightBringer Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 1:14:34

Originally posted by Tmac:
I now know that I'm beyond the point of rebuilding earthquakes 🤨

But the real question is, do you build on bonus land in the last week of the set…
Hello

Tmac Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 1:51:36

Nah, I usually stop with about a week left. Have you done your mess up for the set yet or was your accidental hit on me it? I'm hoping for 2nd =P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2022, 2:06:58

Nah, I usually stop with about a week left. Have you done your mess up for the set yet or was your accidental hit on me it? I'm hoping for 2nd =P

I was wondering about that lol, LB has his signature mess up every set and with couple days left we haven't heard anything.....
(•_•)

Nov 7th 2022, 2:11:57

Don’t jinx me! I think the accidental hit on you was enough. And that one time I accidentally forgot to switch to PS instead of SS…
I’ve only run out of bushels for one turn this set, and it was like a week ago so I don’t know if that is enough to count as a mess up.
Hello

Tmac Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 3:07:40

Your hit on me was your mess up then. Ps, just had another quake bro!

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 9:53:28

I’m hoping to end up in the top five but I don’t know if I’ll get there or not

I’ll likely end somewhere between 90-95 mil

Only being able to get to 25% expense bonus hurts a lot right now

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 13:10:33

It was a tough set to tech, but there were a few techers that played a great set. It's hard to guess where they will end up, but they could land in the top 5 as well.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2022, 16:30:00

47 got what was coming, reckless grabbing turns to pancake mix....
(•_•)

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2022, 18:13:42

What are you referring to KoH?

It looks like Geisiao (#38) randomly double tapped him after they had taken a successful retal early set, and they went to war, and that war continues on. https://www.eestats.com/primary/country/47

Yes, two small fries that had been farmed all set can now hit back since the war prevented #47 from staying much larger end set, but I doubt they're making much of a difference at this point, and if #38 didn't start the fight randomly to begin with, the "reckless grabbing" would've just set him up for a better finish.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 7th 2022, 18:36:24

My bad, i thought he RoR 38, sorry.
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 7th 2022, 19:25:44

I was able to hit both of those countries and get away with it :)

I like when people who are kinda land fat decide to fight with each other

TidyTerry Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 16:04:52

Next set will be different!

TidyTerry Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 16:05:42

Originally posted by Rocky79:
I was able to hit both of those countries and get away with it :)

I like when people who are kinda land fat decide to fight with each other

It's the sumo wrestling of Earth Empires

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2022, 16:30:18

And on the flip side of Ektar (who goes to war over the possibility of a retal a week later), here's the other asshat extreme of retalling the first attacks of the set on the last days of the set:

https://www.eestats.com/primary/country/46

You just know this is one cool dude in real life.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2022, 17:49:38

Legit :-)
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 18:47:35

I must be doing something wrong because I don’t think these top guys have near as much defence as I do, I’ve been buying out my troops private market every day for a week at least

Tmac Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 19:52:18

We're doing the same thing Rocky. Cashers should get high mil tech and buyout troops then tanks. He dropped the land so, at best, he really wanted revenge for those 124 acres he lost 6+ weeks ago, lol.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2022, 20:01:00

That's a cold plate if i ever seen one.....
(•_•)

Tmac Game profile

Nov 8th 2022, 20:46:22

Tbf, he did wish me gl the rest of the way 🤣

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2022, 20:53:32

LOL at least he's polite haha
(•_•)

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 8th 2022, 21:22:57

Rocky - I don't think he's pure jets, but just as a quick back-of-the-napkin-math check based solely on NW, he could certainly be almost 60M jets with half a mil of weapons tech, which with a PS could break the top guys even if they have significant defense (and as earlier discussed, turrets are expensive, and troops are half defenders). Additionally, at this point in the set, military could be on the market and allies dropped to eek out the most of the final turns.

So I don't think they have less defense than you expect, it's just an indication of the extremes this player is going through (and arguably, without great justification, since that's not a known name, so it doesn't buy them future protection) to help knock a few M NW off the finishes of top players who were having a much better set.

Nov 9th 2022, 0:10:37

Originally posted by Tertius:
And on the flip side of Ektar (who goes to war over the possibility of a retal a week later), here's the other asshat extreme of retalling the first attacks of the set on the last days of the set:

https://www.eestats.com/primary/country/46

You just know this is one cool dude in real life.

Personally I don’t think there is any problem in this at all. I retal 100% of the people that hit me, whether that is straight away or later in the set, it’s coming, as discussed in length many times, there is no retal window in Primary.
Hello

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 18:56:13

Should be an exciting finish for 2, top 5 and top 10.

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 9th 2022, 21:28:10

Looks like Tmac 2nd and LB 3rd is my guess, and top 5 and top 10 will be interesting, no doubt on the first place finish, as you are miles ahead

Well done, and congrats

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 9th 2022, 22:51:43

You have a really nice finish too, Rocky. I'll be curious how much movement there will be in the last hour if anyone has been sitting on stock / wants to run turns, but I don't see any clear hold outs that are building up their PM by staying logged out for some last minute jump.

AndrewMose Game profile

Nov 10th 2022, 0:05:58

I was hoping to resell some jets/turrets but they never sold. LB and Tmac had some decent jumps in the last hour.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2022, 1:31:13

Same, I had a lot of reasonably priced tech in case the military got too expensive - where's all the people who forgot about daylight savings time and needed to scramble to buy everything last minute??

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2022, 1:36:02

I bought way more SDI than needed.....had over a million.....needed 0 LOL i bet you if i didn't buy any then i would have been missiled lol
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 10th 2022, 1:44:40

I’ve never bought any sdi in my earth empires career

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2022, 2:11:14

Losing 10k to 20k acres in final week will change that :P
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Nov 10th 2022, 2:16:26

No it won’t :)

Something like that happening would only change my land grabbing strategy

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Nov 10th 2022, 3:49:07

Is that a challenge?????

:P
(•_•)