Verified:

Sir Balin Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 15:40:42

what is the gameplay rationale behind prohibiting countries from dropping grabbed acres for 72 hours? there have been occasions where i've grabbed solely for buildings and dropped the unused acres (when i've had my CS destroyed by BR/AB). is this change just to protect those who view this game exclusively as a netgaining competition from 'suiciders?'

Detmer Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 16:09:25

Yes, exactly

Detmer Game profile

Jul 16th 2010, 16:12:34

Also, imo, the proper way to make things appropriate for "both sides" is to be able to abandon the land

http://forums.earthempires.com/...33&z=no-dropping-land

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 16th 2010, 21:38:52

what is the gameplay rationale behind prohibiting countries from dropping grabbed acres for 72 hours?

This is to prevent removal of land from the game. Half of this game revolves around creating land. Removing it is counterproductive.
Finally did the signature thing.

Thunder Game profile

Jul 19th 2010, 23:22:09

Its the best way to get back at those that farm you though. I'm kinda neutral to this. There has always been suiciders in this game. I understand trying to protect netters, but allowing them to constantly farm untaggeds the way it has been done, some players are left without any choice but to suicide. If a land farmer knows that they can have every opportunity to get the land back...then you end up chasing players away who are responding to the abuse they've received by the farmer. You can't have it both ways, you want new players for the game, but on the other hand you're trying to curb suiciders. there are ghost acres again, the constant farming should be decreasing, but instead its increasing now because you've put in that suiciders can't get rid of the land they were trying to punish the farmer with.

Thunder
ICQ 56183127
MSN

2010 Armchair GMs League Champion
DEFEATER OF MRFORD!
FoCuS'D

NA FA/Senate
Lords

Ninja since born....Awesome Forever!

Forgotten1

Jul 21st 2010, 7:30:14

If you are just doing retals, I don't think dropping land is THAT big of a difference.

This prevention is for the extreme suiciders that takes off thousands and thousands of acres off people.
Forgotten
ICQ 43083642
MSN

QM Diver Game profile

Nov 12th 2010, 12:26:02

what is the gameplay rationale behind prohibiting countries from dropping grabbed acres for 72 hours?
====================================
This rule is apparently not in play?

One of my crew had over 4k acres taken, then the grabber dropped it, insuring our member wouldn't even come close to what the feller took, upon retalling @ a 1:1.
Which in turn, makes us think that this person is spitting in our face, making it really hard not to kill the country that dropped the land, rather than having to hit it 7+ times to recoup the land..

It's a bad thing to do..
As QZjul puts it: Removing it is counterproductive.

Perhaps you game builder guys should look at your code and make damn sure this option has a check in that 72 hour "you can't drop the land" box, eh?

Thanks,
QM
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Marshal Game profile

Nov 12th 2010, 21:12:14

you can't drop below grabbed land.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

synoder Game profile

Nov 17th 2010, 3:09:20

forgive QM, he is pretty old ;)

QM, you can still drop land, just not the land that you grabbed. So if you have 10k acres and grab 4k, you could still drop 10k acres. At least, that's how I understand it but I have never tried it.

SakitSaPuwit Game profile

Jan 18th 2011, 7:19:53

there is a difference between suiciders, and rebels,
but what do i know?
I only play this game for fun!