Verified:

BlackHole Game profile

Jan 22nd 2023, 4:07:06

So I have three questions I can't quite seem to figure out.

1. Is there a formula for attack losses? I know there is a formula for attack/defense strength, but if I'm looking to break someones defense by doing as much damage to his defenses, what's the best way to do that? Overwhelming force? Equal force? Smaller force, but many times?

2. Are there any tricks to keeping readiness high or regaining readiness aside from using turns in between attacks? I think attacking with a smaller percentage of my available force is one way, but is there an ideal percentage to attack with?

3. How is the amount of damage inflicted calculated. An example: Myself and a teammate were doing AB's today. My attacks getting through were destroying 50-60 buildings a pop, his were only destroying 20. And he was attacking with more tanks than I was. How is that calculated?

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 22nd 2023, 9:55:41

1. Last I remember, the biggest losses to an opponent's defenses were sending a few units under their break and failing intentionally near their break, however, this method doesn't cripple their country, only the MUs you're targeting. In saying that, one should note that military strategy tech exists, tyranny govt has an attack gains bonus, etc. Another primary factor in defenders losses is how similar you are in NW. Assuming no tech, sending the minimum before your generals revolt will take 50 hits to cut a break in half with fails = sending 11 breaking hits = sending 9 just barely not breaking.

2. Around 1/3rd of your units will do minimum drops 4% on Tyr and 1% on the other govts. The graph for determining it looks like a hockey stick tho (a lot in this game do). The closer you get to sending all of your units, the more devastating the impact to readiness on a curve that goes all the way to 3 hits and you're done. If you're going to spam hits down to <25% readiness, it's best to be hitting with around 25% of your units to be readiness efficient because if you start by sending 1/3rd you won't end that way.

3. Likely you were closer in NW, had more tech or had an attackers govt like Tyr. There's absolutely a reason for it if you combine your govt bonuses with your NW differential and tech.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Jan 22nd 2023, 10:06:44
See Original Post

BlackHole Game profile

Jan 22nd 2023, 11:11:32

Thank you Derrick. Those are super helpful answers. That really sheds some light on the strategy I've been seeing.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance & FFA

Jan 24th 2023, 6:15:02

1. Calculate the break, and tack on 1.1 (10%) more to ensure you break the target. Any less, and you risk getting "mehuled"... aka a random defensive held (DH)
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance