Verified:

Status Uploader

Bot~
!!!

Mar 5th 2011, 15:15:39

This is an automatically generated thread. If you are an expert feel free to provide advice. Please follow all of the rules listed in the sticky thread. Respect the anonymity of this player's country: deducing and posting the country number of this country is a bannable offense. Further information about the player and the country:

Country owner:Withheld
Country strategy:Indy
Player experience:New
Best finish:N/A
Total finishes:0

Status Uploader

Bot~
!!!

Mar 5th 2011, 15:15:39

This is an automatically generated post. Please note that certain values have been rounded and some have been omitted to protect the identity of the country.

Basics
GovernmentC
Land1000
Tax Rate35%
Net Income$11,200
Net Food-29
Money$27,000
Food940
Oil0
Turns0
Turns Played93
Turns Stored0
Technology
Military100%
Medical100%
Business100%
Residential100%
Agricultural100%
Warfare0.2%
Military Strategy100%
Weapons100%
Industrial100%
Spy100%
SDI1%
Structures
BPT17
Enterprise Zones0
Residences20
Industrial Complexes400
Military Bases0
Research Labs0
Farms10
Oil Rigs0
Unused84
Military
Spies0
Troops0
Jets0
Turrets16,000
Tanks0
Readiness100%
Nuclear Missiles0
Chemical Missiles0
Cruise Missiles0

LeTacticien Game profile

Mar 5th 2011, 15:18:56

New player here. Interested in the following questions:

1) Should I have built more construction sites in my first 100 turns? (if so, how many more is the usual consensus?)

2) At which point should I stop selling my turrets so I can come out of protection with an okay defense?

3) I plan on attacking my way through, should I go for jets or tanks?

4) What proportion of army is acceptable? I'm thinking 35% offensive, 65% defensive?

5) whats BPT?

Thanks!

synoder Game profile

Mar 7th 2011, 2:42:54

1. It depends on how much land you want to end up with but in general with a indy start just build CS as you need to build full BPT (Buildings Per Turn). ie. If you can build 15 BPT then dont build anything less than 15. If you cant build then build 4 cs at a time until you can.
2. its better to produce spies and sell those for cash then switch to turrets at about turn 75 and dont sell until you are out of protection and can sell on the public market.
3. Jets are cheaper to maintain so go with jets, although tanks can be used both offensively and defensively.
4. that sounds about right
5. BPT = Buildings Per Turn.

MR BUTTMAN

Mar 21st 2011, 14:55:50

I am also pretty new, but I have been having some success with the following guidelines:

* For the first 100 turns, I set production to 100% turrets, and sell them after each and every turn I take, this is because military costs food and money to maintain, and by selling them each turn, your upkeep costs are minimized (spies are more expensive to maintain, which is why i thinks selling turrets is better in the first 100 turns)

* around turn 80 or 85, I set production to 10% spies and 90% turrets, then play up until turn 99.. at which point save turns for 24 hours (or until you reach the maximum) and come out of protection.

* Jets and turrets are the best units to produce and jets are the best unit to landgrab with.. tanks are not effecient to produce, i buy them from my private market just to deter artillery barrages.

BPT = buildings per turn.. every 4 construction sites you build increases your BPT by 1.. I really don't know what is best here, but a BPT of 60-70 seems ok to me for a 10k acre country.

finding out how much defense and offense you needs comes with becoming more familiar with the server you are playing on.

I am no expert by any means, but following those startup guidelines has led me to a couple decent finishes.