Verified:

Fooglmog Game profile

Aug 14th 2012, 23:45:25

So, I'm looking for help with something. I've been part of an open source project called UserCake for the last few years. Basically, it's a starting point for website developers who want a simple, secure user management system that they can continue to build their own projects off of.

The project stalled out about 2 years ago, when the lead developer lost interest. Earlier this year, I took over and have been tinkering with it in my spare time ever since.

That tinkering has finally culminated in something, and I've just (in the last couple days) released my beta test version of UserCake 2.0. The reason I'm posting here is because I'd like some help testing it. It's written in PHP and runs on a MySQL server. If you know anything about programming, and have some spare time, your help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for whatever feedback you may have.

http://www.usercake.com/release.php

Any feedback you give me now will only benefit the community in the future, as one of my upcoming projects is to take the UserCake core and create an open source clan hosting site for this game. I won't do the hosting, but I'll release the code openly so that anyone who wants to run their own site independently will have a ready-built option available to them.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

Edited By: Fooglmog on Aug 14th 2012, 23:51:36
See Original Post

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 15th 2012, 1:27:30

Omg fooglmog you sir are a beast
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Trife Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 1:36:08

Only when you explain why god sent bears to attack 42 children!

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 15th 2012, 2:27:08

nice :)
Don of LaF

Fooglmog Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 3:46:52

Originally posted by Red X:
Omg fooglmog you sir are a beast

Is that a statement on the coding? Or simple on the idea of open source clan hosting?

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

bertz Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 5:56:17

nice

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 15th 2012, 6:00:26

Foog both though idk how to coffee anymore i know quick basic and c++ though i will down load it and try it out =)
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Trife Game profile

Aug 15th 2012, 15:39:56

Originally posted by Trife:
Only when you explain why god sent bears to attack 42 children!

More specifically God sent bears to kill 42 children after the children made fun of Jesus' prophet not having any hair.

2 Kings 2:23-25

That's 100% cray cray

Mr Emerald

Aug 15th 2012, 18:37:27

Looks pretty interesting, though I would like to be able to write that stuff out for myself before trying someone elses stuff out :P

I will have a look at it regardless though.
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

Fooglmog Game profile

Aug 19th 2012, 2:15:35

So, did anyone get a chance to actually look at the code?

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.