Verified:

Grizzly Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 21:48:00

can i join an alliance i have 16 countries and i don't know how to play i just made republics

Twain Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 22:06:48

Well, it's a matter of figuring out what type of alliance you want to join.

Ask yourself:

1) Do you want to netgain (get your countries as big as possible) or war (kill other people's countries)?

2) Do you want to join one of the giant alliances with many members or do you want to be part of a smaller alliance where you get to try to really build something?

I'll do another post with some suggestions for clans in just a second.

Grizzly Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 22:11:32

Thank you Twain im probably just going to learn how to build my country first and not war

Twain Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 22:13:29

Ok, so there are really six alliances on this server that I would say I know anything about.

Two big netgaining clans: PANLV and TKO.

Both offer a lot of veterans that could help you understand how to play. Both offer larger numbers. If you desire to move up in leadership, it'll be slower in these clans because they have more members. I'm in PAN, if you want to join us, we're at eepandora.com for a website.

Two big warring clans: NBK and CC

Both like to war other clans and are probably on a crash course to war each other again soon simply because they're both fairly respectful towards netting clans and there's really no one else to war. Same idea with the fact that you may not move up a lot in leadership, but they'll be the best to train you to war.

Two smaller clans: SOTA and Ares.

Both are smaller clans trying to establish themselves. They've still got veterans who could help you out. You'll probably have a better chance to become a leader in the clan and have a larger voice in how they run things, but they're less established.

I'd suggest the smaller clans, simply because it'll be better for the server to have more strong clans. However, if you want to join PANLV (my clan), we won't turn you away.

So if you want to join us, come to eepandora.com

Twain Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 22:14:23

There's also Lagurdia, which seems to have a few people who know what they're doing from their ranks and such, but I haven't paid enough attention to actually know who's running it.

Grizzly Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 22:17:38

so which is the best one?

Edited By: Grizzly on Jul 2nd 2013, 22:19:41. Reason: edit
See Original Post

Twain Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 22:45:40

Hard to say. If you want "the best" then you're probably looking at one of the four biggest ones.

PANLV is probably the best netgaining clan right now, as we've won the Total Networth crown last set and with two exceptions of clans that don't exist (ESD and KSM) every set going back to the 14th set (we're currently in the 21st set).

TKO is really good and had an amazing run before they declined a bit and PAN took over. They had a run of 8 TNW crowns in 9 sets from sets 5-13. They're still really good and often put up the overall #1 country.

CC does a mix of warring and netting, but primarily warring.

NBK is pretty much just warring, and probably the best at warring, but CC is close enough that it wouldn't shock me if I'm wrong and CC could beat NBK with otherwise even conditions.

The CC guys could help you learn to netgain or war, but they're probably not going to be quite as knowledgeable on the netgaining stuff.

So "best" is hard to say, but I think I've given you enough criteria here to judge for yourself (at least based on my biases).

One quick tip while you're getting settled: Republic-casher is a good strategy if you're running republics. The basic idea is to build almost entirely residences and enterprise zones and get as much money as possible, which you'll use to buy food, oil, military and technology. If you start down that path and get help from the guys in whichever clan you join, then you'll do well.

KeTcHuP Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 23:16:44

join IPU!
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

ZIP Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 23:24:51

also check out the wiki - lots of good info there.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

JJosh693

Jul 3rd 2013, 8:15:18

~ARES~
~JJosh -> FFA - ARES