Verified:

Doug Game profile

Oct 20th 2022, 12:06:40

Dear mods, Qz or Pang. New and returning ppl cannot create a country or even make new ones. Again, it’s been talked about big folks are afraid to post serious questions for mods or QZ or Pang as all threads just get hijacked and nothing is done. Before anyone thinks I’m being rude, I’m not.

The 1 woman I remember vividly, she’s a 71 year old cancer survivor and it’s returned to her spine, she wanted to play 1 last set with one of us as she played 20+ years ago. I felt like i should help. So I’m sorry if I sound snotty.

Notice less players? Smaller clan numbers? I’m some instances? 2 clans that are medium size has a discord meeting yesterday with 4 clan reps present. 1 clan planned a small reunion, no not mine, but when they contacted old players that had to verify etc, they couldn’t. Two said they couldn’t create new countries period. It blew one of the clans reunion.

Was Zack being banned 7 ways til Tuesday create an issue? They didn’t need forum handles just countries and some said verifying still prevented new members and old vets from creating new countries that haven’t played in awhile or not at all.

Did something change? Is there a new process? Or if they changed emails in 10-15 years create an issue they couldn’t return? Some are folks many of you remember that simply gave up and couldn’t create a country.

Any idea or similar issues reported to any other leaders? Any suggestions we can use to help these guys return or come to the game? 1 clan recruited from another game for alliance and they couldn’t. Another clans reunion of guys from 5-15 years ago couldn’t either? Isn’t this counter productive and we’d like to see some of these old names return?

I say this respectfully and the mods that know me know me understand I mean no disrespect but some folks don’t post here fearing trolling hijacking the topic and that Qz, pang, mods are busy too and have lives to stop legit questions. So I’ll just stick my neck out as in the other thread as it doesn’t hurt my feelings. I’m not a gay little snowflake scared of big mean Middle aged men needing self adulation by rolling or even attacking ppl for legit questions.

Any help or other folks having problems as well? I can only speak to alliance. I know mods etc have lives and families and are busy and can’t police every thread and the off topic legit responses. But I’ll at least try. Sorry again and thank you very much.

Edited By: Doug on Oct 21st 2022, 10:03:39
Paradigm Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM fa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2022, 12:26:49

I tried to get an old timer back who was a Earth 2025 player who never came to EE, and he couldn’t create an account. He said that after filling out the form, the screen went to a white page, and he never received an email.

RIP if people cannot even create a game account.

Doug Game profile

Oct 20th 2022, 12:37:03

Originally posted by Requiem:
I tried to get an old timer back who was a Earth 2025 player who never came to EE, and he couldn’t create an account. He said that after filling out the form, the screen went to a white page, and he never received an email.

RIP if people cannot even create a game account.

Exactly what I was just told last night from the clan that wanted a reunion set. Well damn….
Paradigm Senator

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2022, 14:06:24

I didn't realize it impacted this, but my understanding is that emails from EE haven't worked for a while (so even for returning players, if they forgot their passwords, you don't get the reset email).

I think the mods have a "just-in-case" number to text for Pang or qz, and this may be warranted if it's ruining reunion plans (and I mean, it's almost 2025, so we should have something pretty spectacular for one of those sets, right?).

I've also seen qz on discord more recently as he's been keeping an eye on the bots which had an update to the underlying libraries which broke things. I know his life is extremely busy though, and I'm not sure who maintained the email service (I think it may have required a third party to do the mailing which may have cost money / been dropped).

Doug Game profile

Oct 20th 2022, 14:24:42

Originally posted by Tertius:
I didn't realize it impacted this, but my understanding is that emails from EE haven't worked for a while (so even for returning players, if they forgot their passwords, you don't get the reset email).

I think the mods have a "just-in-case" number to text for Pang or qz, and this may be warranted if it's ruining reunion plans (and I mean, it's almost 2025, so we should have something pretty spectacular for one of those sets, right?).

I've also seen qz on discord more recently as he's been keeping an eye on the bots which had an update to the underlying libraries which broke things. I know his life is extremely busy though, and I'm not sure who maintained the email service (I think it may have required a third party to do the mailing which may have cost money / been dropped).

Yeah Tertius, maybe something for 2025 would be cool. But yeah I meet with pacted Allies leaders once in awhile and it was more than 1 person and I believe you’re correct. I thought “we’ll just sign up with a new emailL but that too was a problem. I just talked to QZ then other day before this happened and yea he’s been busy - at that time I didn’t need to ask him but I’ll send him a quick msg ok ee discord or message him. Maybe someone will know. So far it impacted 6 returning folks for reunion and 4? new players brought on by their parents to play a round with them. Shrugs. Was just trying to get some help for the folks that were coming to alliance again. But thanks for the reply T 🤙🏼
Paradigm Senator

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Oct 20th 2022, 16:46:40

Originally posted by Tertius:

This is incorrect

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 20th 2022, 21:03:11

Oh sorry, maybe it's just an email, but I thought I had seen both you and Primeval "escalate" to the admins at various times (mostly around bots).

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Oct 21st 2022, 4:20:59

I dont think creating countries is a problem unless it happened today given the Express server round started yesterday. You must mean accounts, which after testing does appear to be an issue at the moment. Anyone with an EE account should be fine unless they forgot their login.

And yes, I can often get word to the current admins directly with urgent issues... But it doesn't necessarily mean they have the time or ability for an immediate fix. I'll update as I'm able. Moving to B&S.

Doug Game profile

Oct 21st 2022, 10:14:56

Originally posted by Primeval:
I dont think creating countries is a problem unless it happened today given the Express server round started yesterday. You must mean accounts, which after testing does appear to be an issue at the moment. Anyone with an EE account should be fine unless they forgot their login.

And yes, I can often get word to the current admins directly with urgent issues... But it doesn't necessarily mean they have the time or ability for an immediate fix. I'll update as I'm able. Moving to B&S.

Thsbks Prime. I feel like a jerk. She’s 71 cancer survivor that i remember as I was like 13, her cancer has returned to her spine. So sorry if I was or sounded like a fluff.
Paradigm Senator

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 23rd 2022, 23:17:16

This is being investigated but I don't have any more information to share at this point.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2022, 16:27:58

Welcome back, see you next year!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Nov 8th 2022, 1:57:27

This should be fixed now.