Verified:

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2023, 16:56:29

So, I'm going to attempt to organize this event.

1.) State "SIGNUP" if you'd like to be added to the list of pool players.
2.) The deadline to signup is May 16th 7PM EST.
3.) Do not get discouraged if you state SIGNUP and don't get selected by a team captain.
4.) Your participation and efforts during the war will either increase/decrease your value for future sets.

I will host the event like the following:
Team captains will be required to attend irc channel #ee_draft on May 16th 8PM EST to select their players (alternating style).
Each side will have a maximium of one minute to decide their player from the list of signups.
NOTE: The players who signup are not required to show up to this event but encouraged to do so.

TEAM Captain will be selected by the following method:
State "SIGNUP - TEAM CAPTAIN" if you would like to be considered for TEAM CAPTAIN.
I will use a random number generator which will select by random a player who has volunteered for the role.
A third player will be selected as an alternate team captain (backup).
TEAM Captains who fail to attend the ee_draft channel at appropriate time will be replaced by the alternate team captain first and by an attendee next.

NOTE: TEAM Captain doesnt have to be your best player on your team or team's decision maker. It's simply the person selecting the players for their team..

WAR conditions:
Team with most ORIGINAL kills wins. (restart kills do not count towards kill count)
Tagkill ends war.
If both teams tie for ORIGINAL kills then total networth of all its players (including restarts) will determine winner. (This will encourage restarts to continue participating)
A team captain can surrender win at any time.

WAR START DATE:
This date could vary set to set,. but I'll will initially set this to JUNE 1.

FINAL NOTE:
Failure to achieve >= 10 players for signup will automatically cancel this event.

Edited By: Celphi on May 14th 2023, 21:21:08
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 15th 2023, 12:02:51

I'll sign up for this.

I don't think anyone in this game actually like war on even terms. Let's see if I'm right.

PS all you have to do to prove me wrong is to sign up.

Edited By: Gerdler on May 15th 2023, 14:07:15
See Original Post

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 13:03:32

To offer you an alternate perspective...

1 set we beat your FS by one day.
1 set you OOP ABd everyone
1 set we matched your OOP bs

I think the person who doesn't like to play fair is looking at himself in the mirror. (for low IQ people, no one likes to play fair, including OP)

Once pandora's box is opened it's hard to go back. What would you suggest?

Originally posted by Gerdler:

PS all you have to do to prove me wrong is to sign up.

Edited By: Requiem on May 15th 2023, 14:33:55

elvesrus

May 15th 2023, 13:38:12

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I'll sign up for this.

I don't think anyone in this game actually like war on even terms. Let's see if I'm right.

Only because even terms are too easy.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 15th 2023, 14:03:07

This thread is for signing up to this challenge that celphi is working hard to make for us all. Keep the spam and BS out.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 14:09:17

That’s ok. Delete my posts but keep your passive aggressive spam BS comments about the general community’s inability to fight fair on here.

Edited By: Coalie on May 15th 2023, 14:24:01

mdevol Game profile

May 15th 2023, 14:37:11

I'll sign up as long as I get to hide untagged for a week and have a 3rd party clan AB fs my opponent for me.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Real Man

May 15th 2023, 14:51:42

Lmao pat deleted my post too. Did you even receive a complaint from anyone? Or you just unilaterally decide to delete all the negative posts about Gerdler (the player)

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 15:00:12

It seemed pretty reasonable that people were noting their reasons or lack of interest for not wanting to do the signup with a possible captain they disagree with philosophically (who already made the initial shot across the bow of what they think the community considers fair).

From a forum moderator perspective, Primeval gives warnings if he feels a topic is going away from its intended purpose (e.g. the primary round talk thread as a recent example) without removing all the initial posts (especially as they're not otherwise against any forum rules).

Real Man

May 15th 2023, 15:03:47

Originally posted by Tertius:
It seemed pretty reasonable that people were noting their reasons or lack of interest for not wanting to do the signup with a possible captain they disagree with philosophically (who already made the initial shot across the bow of what they think the community considers fair).

From a forum moderator perspective, Primeval gives warnings if he feels a topic is going away from its intended purpose (e.g. the primary round talk thread as a recent example) without removing all the initial posts (especially as they're not otherwise against any forum rules).

mine wasn't spam, it was necessary context for why this idea will fail. nobody will sign up because they don't want to play with Gerdler

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 15:09:28

This thread is for signup. Please stick to topic. I can’t decipher humor from intention to commit.

If you want to create an opinion thread have at it.

I’m investing my time to organize something here to make game interesting.

Names I have so far:
Gerdler
Elvesrus

Real Man

May 15th 2023, 15:21:05

Originally posted by Celphi:
This thread is for signup. Please stick to topic. I can’t decipher humor from intention to commit.

I mean Gerdler could have just signed up, but he started the trolling. But when we all troll back, its bad and he deleted 5 posts.

its very sad i'm starting to feel bad for him. many such cases.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 15:27:46

Ok, again please stick to topic. His trolling was meant to be a challenge and to get other competing people to sign up. He was genuinely trying to help me out. I spoke to him on IRC.

Keep in mind team captains are selected randomly from the volunteers of wanting to be a team captain. He does not want to be one.

Regardless of how you like/dislike him I ask we stick to topic. If I don’t get 10 ppl I’ll quietly disappear from team.

mdevol Game profile

May 15th 2023, 16:19:52

I was on topic and agreed to sign up. If you don't want me, cool. Good luck.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

SuperFly Game profile

May 15th 2023, 16:24:25

I nominate the black hole for team captain and I want him to draft me as his first pick!

Lord Milk Game profile

May 15th 2023, 17:18:10

super he is gone get over it dude!
“Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.”
WE ARE THE LIGHT!

Rasp Game profile

May 15th 2023, 17:24:41

Originally posted by Lord Milk:

I elect lord cream cheese as tribute.
[16:18:00] znc-rasp: We can kill bushido, but not bushifo, zack, moriarty, ghost rider, or darkling
[16:18:07] Req: Is that all the same person?
[16:18:12] symba: yea
[16:18:25] mob: my kids are like dad why are you laughing so much

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 17:46:08

Is this for the round starting today? If it's for the following set, you can sign me up. And, to go against points being made here, I'd gladly do so on Gerdler's team. If hes available and im a captain, id likely draft him in the early rounds because hes a very good player. I've played with and against most people and would gladly do so again. However, I already committed to net this round for Grumpy Old Man's memorial set.

Edited By: DerrickICN on May 15th 2023, 18:10:18
See Original Post

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 15th 2023, 18:42:11

I am going to chime in now that I am on a lunch break.
Keep it on topic kittens.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Dark Demon Game profile

Forum Moderator
EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 19:01:08

Please keep this on topic please
Mercs
Natural Born Killers

myerr21 Game profile

May 15th 2023, 19:03:14

i am possibly interested. I need to speak with my current team about our plans.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 15th 2023, 22:24:20

List so far:

Gerdler
Elvesrus
mdevol

This is for the set beginning on 16 May. The deadline is tomorrow at 7PM EST.

Thanks moderators.

Edited By: Celphi on May 16th 2023, 0:53:46

elvesrus

May 15th 2023, 22:55:50

what happens when you assume?
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 15th 2023, 23:38:59

Yeah I’m in.

/yells to prime and galleri.

I’m not going to mod the set we do this.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 16th 2023, 0:52:35

Originally posted by Red X:
Yeah I’m in.

/yells to prime and galleri.

I’m not going to mod the set we do this.

Heard

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2023, 5:36:48

Ahhh shizzz. I can't make it then. Good luck to the 5 in so far and the 5 that soon join. I'll join the fun next set.

SuperFly Game profile

May 16th 2023, 17:27:55

Originally posted by Lord Milk:

Is he really gone? he is still reading the boards daily and posting once in awhile so that means that he is here. For all we know he is running a country or two right now considering all the deletions in that happened in the last 72 hrs lol

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2023, 17:55:18

Yeah I've run 1 country to completion on one server in the last 3 years, and even on that one overflowed a pile of turns. I wouldn't say I'm gone because I don't have time to play tho. I'm high key still here, much like our friend BH.

BACK ON TOPIC.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2023, 23:22:29

Originally posted by Celphi:

FINAL NOTE:
Failure to achieve >= 10 players for signup will automatically cancel this event.

I’d like to thank the moderators for the moderation and the individuals who were willing to try something different (those who signed up); unfortunately, there were not enough volunteers to implement this idea.

As the broadcast warned, this event has been cancelled due to insufficient number of volunteers. I ask this thread be locked as there’s nothing else constructive to add to this thread.

Edited By: Celphi on May 16th 2023, 23:25:58

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

May 16th 2023, 23:30:21

Good job Pat.