Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 17:26:57

Originally posted by smiley:
Don't know what you are trolling for but 1a always took luck. Dodging random wars and suiciders. It had a nice bit of magic to it.

No idea what to name this new game. Bot farmer maybe?

And LaF ruined that, thanks Gerdler!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 18:48:19

Originally posted by Happy:
Don't know what you are trolling for but 1a always took luck. Dodging random wars and suiciders. It had a nice bit of magic to it.

I mean, Prime calls it Safe Space and he's the overlord around here so who are we to call it anything different?

Originally posted by HH:
Every thread becomes a fluff show.. These guys got nothing better to do.

I was just on a thread last night where celphi was testing what looked to be a forum AI or bot, and you spam posted about 15 messages of periods and said you were helping the tests HH. Lol. Don't get delusions of grandeur about anyone, yourself included, having anything worthwhile to say lol. We all know what "nothing better to do" looks like.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 18:57:28

For the record I actually did laugh.

https://m.earthempires.com/...e/test-50704?t=1660774894

Funny response lol

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 10th 2023, 20:34:12

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:

Ko, please don't derail another thread with your antics. Remember, forum rules require you to treat everyone respectfully.

Smiley - I get your point about the dodging randoms and the luck aspect, but aside from that, it seems like the same sort of game could still be played here if two parties wanted.

Again, do we have people that want to set up some arranged wars with no kill runs? Seems like it would be fun....

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 20:47:35

No.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 20:52:46

Wardogs tended towards wardoggin because they enjoy the social aspects of war, and people who want solo wars tend to play solo servers. If you want to play alone, I don't really understand why when that's an option that you'd play a clan server.

Given the main reason that the non-talkative chill wardogs war is to get the boys together, have a couple beers and kill some countries, I think what you're suggesting just removes the main reason people war for the majority.

In other words, I don't think there's many wardogs that would want to do that. I think you'd find more popularity in that suggestion with netters or solo players, who have continuously pushed 1a towards a 0 social interaction PvE game. Wardogs are here for the community mostly.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 10th 2023, 20:55:54
See Original Post

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 21:02:28

Dee are you restarted? Are you restarting your country? Kek

That’s just a sneaky way for him to actually find people to invite him to play in a group. None of the main tags will take him into their clan right now due to.. “instability” issues.

Plus the playing field is different now, before we warred each other for fun. But now, some of the war dogs have an actual enemy. And rightly so, their enemy deserves it. They’re just waiting for the moment when they can take a bite. Special dish of the week on the menu is Turtle soup.

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 10th 2023, 21:30:28

Derrick, who are you replying to?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 21:31:08

Originally posted by BlackHole:

Ko, please don't derail another thread with your antics. Remember, forum rules require you to treat everyone respectfully.

Smiley - I get your point about the dodging randoms and the luck aspect, but aside from that, it seems like the same sort of game could still be played here if two parties wanted.

Again, do we have people that want to set up some arranged wars with no kill runs? Seems like it would be fun....

BlackHole, please don't troll another thread with your antics. Remember, forum rules require you to treat everyone respectfully.

Have a swirvey day!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 10th 2023, 21:32:56

"Given the main reason that the non-talkative chill wardogs war is to get the boys together, have a couple beers and kill some countries, I think what you're suggesting just removes the main reason people war for the majority."

So Derrick, based on that I'm assuming that you're saying people wouldn't like the 'no kill runs' part of my comment?

I mean, that's fine.

There is literally NOTHING stopping people from doing a war just like they would have 6 months ago in 1A. The only difference is it needs to be an arranged and agreed upon war.

But nothing in your comment made it seem like anyone was warring others to grief. Like you said, they want to get the boys back together, drink some beers, and kill some countries.

So... do it? What is the problem?

Oct 10th 2023, 21:43:19

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Wardogs tended towards wardoggin because they enjoy the social aspects of war, and people who want solo wars tend to play solo servers. If you want to play alone, I don't really understand why when that's an option that you'd play a clan server.

Given the main reason that the non-talkative chill wardogs war is to get the boys together, have a couple beers and kill some countries, I think what you're suggesting just removes the main reason people war for the majority.

In other words, I don't think there's many wardogs that would want to do that. I think you'd find more popularity in that suggestion with netters or solo players, who have continuously pushed 1a towards a 0 social interaction PvE game. Wardogs are here for the community mostly.

Soon most of us will be gone sadly.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 21:59:05

"Given the main reason that the non-talkative chill wardogs war is to get the boys together, have a couple beers and kill some countries, I think what you're suggesting just removes the main reason people war for the majority."

So Derrick, based on that I'm assuming that you're saying people wouldn't like the 'no kill runs' part of my comment?

I mean, that's fine.

There is literally NOTHING stopping people from doing a war just like they would have 6 months ago in 1A. The only difference is it needs to be an arranged and agreed upon war.

But nothing in your comment made it seem like anyone was warring others to grief. Like you said, they want to get the boys back together, drink some beers, and kill some countries.

We very often have. As was pointed out, some of the leaders have an actual gripe that's pushed the politics towards non-friendly terms of war. It's neither here nor there, but we're all at least aware we can war on those terms, should that be our collective desire.

You saying "this is how you should play" to people isn't going to make a good war happen. I've spent countless hours of my life arranging large scale wars, some of which fell apart. It's actually a challenge getting 60 or so people from 5 or so different tags all on the same page. Acting like an asshole until it exists is a good way to make it never happen. Shaking some hands and working your ass off to gain dozens of people's trust and executing according to planned needs someone who behaves very much the opposite of you.

The point now is, that people are dissatisfied with the meta, and no one wants to arrange around it in what is likely their last set. Most folks are just waiting this set to see if anything changes before they quit. We don't have interest in a friendly war rn. And unfortunately for many of our last sets, we don't feel like putting the work in.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 10th 2023, 22:06:39
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:01:27

I know. I guess if braden and KoH and a handful of others are around, I'll probably hang for them and occasionally run a teams country, but my heart feels as heavy as my worst breakups. Imma miss you idiots.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:15:59

I know. I guess if braden and KoH and a handful of others are around, I'll probably hang for them and occasionally run a teams country, but my heart feels as heavy as my worst breakups. Imma miss you idiots.

Don't leave Dee! I'll start playing Team again in protest to 1a becoming a meta safe space and so that more people start playing Team again since it's the only non bot alliance server, the real alliance server!
(•_•)

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:18:57

Also don’t forget, the last time we did an arranged war with Darkness vs. Elders, the “forum troll good idea fairy” decided he wanted to interrupt it. Now he’s on here preaching about doing arranged wars with random players (I think he just wants to be invited into a group).

Turtle Crawler Game profile

Oct 10th 2023, 22:20:11

The point now is, that people are dissatisfied with the meta, and no one wants to arrange around it in what is likely their last set. Most folks are just waiting this set to see if anything changes before they quit. We don't have interest in a friendly war rn. And unfortunately for many of our last sets, we don't feel like putting the work in.

Nothing could charge that will result in an ability to war LaF again. Clan GDI will continue or LaF will quit (again). Anyone who only plays the game to hurt LaF really should quit asap for the betterment of the game and community.

If people really liked war then they'd be happy with an arranged one.

But if you don't like either warring or netting then there isn't much for you here.

LaF obviously likes netting, and it's not like laffers have any real external competition for unaided spots. You simply don't matter.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:21:21

Don't leave Dee! I'll start playing Team again in protest to 1a becoming a meta safe space and so that more people start playing Team again since it's the only non bot alliance server, the real alliance server!

You’re invited into our crew.

Do u have discord? There’s a channel we all hang out in, diff players from diff groups in there. You’re invited to that as well. If interested PM me.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:23:43

Originally posted by Turtle Crawler:

Nothing could charge that will result in an ability to war LaF again. Clan GDI will continue or LaF will quit (again). Anyone who only plays the game to hurt LaF really should quit asap for the betterment of the game and community.

If people really liked war then they'd be happy with an arranged one.

But if you don't like either warring or netting then there isn't much for you here.

How confident in that are you, TC? If the game owners had any sense they'd see the massive decrease in members, and from my experience, very few of the higher ups speak fondly of you at all. Just being honest. I think I'm the fondest of you of anyone outside of your tag.

You might be preaching that because you want laf enemies to quit, but the reality is, I don't trust you to have anymore inside info on that than I do, and I disagree.

Laf people "quitting" caused a net decrease of about 6 people. The changes to protect them have caused half the server to quit. I think the goal posts could easily shift to protecting clans against suiciders and not other tags in the next handful of sets.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 10th 2023, 22:28:17
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:30:09

Yeah. Braden invited BHole to Weedy so I'm still reconciling playing with someone so toxic, lol. We could play with him tho for fluffs and grins. I'm still kinda waiting for braden to jump off a bridge talking to the guy tho haha. He's too much of a masochist and a drunk to not think it's hilarious tho and I kinda agree, being those two things as well lol. Like, me, you, penguinbeng, braden and BHole would be a fluffin hilarious tag lol.

Team is the real ones server tho. True alliance.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 10th 2023, 22:34:14
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:33:39

Originally posted by Coalie:

You’re invited into our crew.

Do u have discord? There’s a channel we all hang out in, diff players from diff groups in there. You’re invited to that as well. If interested PM me.

I'm #117, just created it, I tried to create a tag but wouldn't let me since you can only do it within the first two weeks, it's a real shame, my tag was going to be.....

Lr1aCPT
"LaF ruined 1a Come Play Team"

I was very disappointed I didn't do this earlier...
(•_•)

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:33:56

Yeah. Braden invited BHole to Weedy so I'm still reconciling playing with someone so toxic, lol. We could play with him tho for fluffs and grins. I'm still kinda waiting for braden to jump off a bridge talking to the guy tho haha. He's too much of a masochist and a drunk to not think it's hilarious tho and I kinda agree lol.

Team is the real ones server tho. True alliance.

I was talking to Braden in a PM because for some odd reason he tried to recruit me to war my own group. He told me about his ex that was bipolar and apparently it that kind of stuff gets him excited. That was tmi and told me all I needed to know. I haven’t heard from him since. Dudes like Braden are good for the game lol

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:36:13

Lol yeah he's the best. He's banned from messaging from his main account and from posting right now because the mods don't like how funny he is when he's drunk.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:36:49

Lol yeah he's the best. He's banned from messaging from his main account and from posting right now because the mods don't like how funny he is when he's drunk.

Thought so, LOL
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:38:56

It's like criminal justice in America, once you've been banned as long as Jayr or Braden, you start getting banned for simple jokes that otherwise get deleted by people without a track record. He's a metaphor for black people in America lol.

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:43:14

The funny thing is Braden got banned for some stuff he shouldn’t have said. I don’t particularly care about his posts and find it amusing.

And the only person that reported him that caused his ban, he invites that dude to play with him in teams. I don’t get Braden sometimes, but that’s Braden for ya

Edited By: Coalie on Oct 10th 2023, 22:45:40

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 22:45:48

Hahaha. Sometimes you ask whiskey to come and take your troubles. Sometimes whiskey makes the trouble for you.

He's never mad tho. Would be cool if they just deleted his drunk posts like they do mine haha. It's hard for us to stay in touch otherwise.

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 10th 2023, 23:28:26

I mean, that's fine.

We very often have. As was pointed out, some of the leaders have an actual gripe that's pushed the politics towards non-friendly terms of war. It's neither here nor there, but we're all at least aware we can war on those terms, should that be our collective desire.

You saying "this is how you should play" to people isn't going to make a good war happen. I've spent countless hours of my life arranging large scale wars, some of which fell apart. It's actually a challenge getting 60 or so people from 5 or so different tags all on the same page. Acting like an asshole until it exists is a good way to make it never happen. Shaking some hands and working your ass off to gain dozens of people's trust and executing according to planned needs someone who behaves very much the opposite of you.

Ok yea, I get that. If you guys don't actually want to do arranged, friendly wars, you don't have to.

That's really all that needed to be said. "We don't want to do arranged wars". LOL. Thanks Derrick!

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 10th 2023, 23:30:26

Originally posted by Coalie:
Also don’t forget, the last time we did an arranged war with Darkness vs. Elders, the “forum troll good idea fairy” decided he wanted to interrupt it. Now he’s on here preaching about doing arranged wars with random players (I think he just wants to be invited into a group).

I don't know if you realize this or not... and I've said it before, but I've not made any effort to join any clans. And I've been invited to a number of them over the past 6 months.

If I wanted to play with friends, or have friends, or whatever you think it is I'm yearning, I'd just play with LaF. I get along with all of them just fine.

I have plenty of people I can play with, Coalie. I appreciate you caring so much bud! I knew you had a soft spot for me.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 10th 2023, 23:51:31

Bhole either drinks, or smokes or something. You're wildly different at night bro. Lol. Maybe you do belong with me and braden.

I did want to point out to you, tho, that the pathway to a grudge war is actually easier on leaders of warclans because "fluff it, let's hit clan X" is actually easier than "let's reach out to clan X and clan Y and clan Z. Then put the greatest wallers and builders on opposite sides to create a war with parity, then have 60 peoples egos trust the 3 of us will execute, etc" is actually easier.

Creating big, friendly wars is actually difficult and the person who works to make it happen usually is very popular/respected in the community, and spends a full work week making it happen. Hitting someone you don't like takes like...a smoke break.

The problem now is I don't have the motivation for that, and neither do the other 10-15 people with the clout. We're all mostly just saying goodbyes.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Oct 10th 2023, 23:55:54
See Original Post

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 11th 2023, 0:03:56

Oh yea, I hear you. That makes perfect sense. And I'm sure grudge wars are more fun because when you win, it tastes that much sweeter.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2023, 0:37:03

Mmmm. In the last 5-7 years tbh yes, but only the first time you beat the other side and the war kinda drags on 4 or so sets too long.

No war should really go beyond 3 sets. Like....if you split the first two whoever wins the third gets the crown. Typically people get mad at each other and war beyond that for like a whole year and winning feels less cool each time haha.

That first set you smoke somebody you hate tho is a pretty high peak. Yes.

Lord Milk Game profile

Oct 11th 2023, 0:43:45

“Light must come from inside. You cannot ask the darkness to leave; you must turn on the light.”
WE ARE THE LIGHT!

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 11th 2023, 2:04:04

I thought the first and second sets between LaF and the Evil Empire (or whatever we want to call them) was a lot of fun.

I REALLY enjoyed bringing my crew into the war. Figuring out how a bunch of noobs could make a difference and contribute. At first I planned on us just being meat shields for LaF. But our team got really good, and half way through the set I think we had earned some trust, and so we were able to get Stones to join us for OPs, as well as some off-time zone LaF guys.

We mostly picked the targets ourselves, and I always tried to pick the biggest target we could without failing. It was also my first time getting to use a bot.

Overall though, it was an absolute blast.

Couldn't keep it together though the next set, and then the numbers in the war changed to the extent that it wasn't even remotely competitive or fun.

I think that was probably the last time I had fun playing this game, sadly.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2023, 16:13:32

What do you mean? Bot farming a defenseless FFO to 400k acres and then oil destocking is THE CATS PAJAMAS BRO. COOLEST. META. EVER. YOU'RE NOT HAVING FUN!!!?

Rofl

BEM684 Game profile

Oct 11th 2023, 16:27:12

Maybe that's why cats don't wear pajamas lol.

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 11th 2023, 16:44:20

What do you mean? Bot farming a defenseless FFO to 400k acres and then oil destocking is THE CATS PAJAMAS BRO. COOLEST. META. EVER. YOU'RE NOT HAVING FUN!!!?

Rofl

I don't know how to net. I only know war.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2023, 17:01:56

Rofl

LaF can teach you as long as you can tolerate Gerdler being a fluff, if I were you, talk to Evo guys, they are knowledgeable and if you're kool to them they will teach you, I mean, try to join them, seriously, if you're serious about netting go there, stop #1.

You can always learn in Express and Primary, post on the forums, there's always people helping.
(•_•)

Coalie Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2023, 17:46:49

You’re not wrong KoH.

Tmac is the greatest finisher in EE history. He did it before the clangdi safespace fiasco and was unaided. Also generally a good person and diplomat.

Any record finish above him is just a participation trophy at this point. Not real and artificial. The top finisher last set received FAs and the finisher this set will also have received FAs to win( reasoning doesn’t matter). The FA recepients even had the audacity to considering receiving FAs for a netting finish a form of cheating but yet they still do it.

Tmac did it all without that bullfluff. It’s just not even the same comparison.

Edited By: Coalie on Oct 11th 2023, 17:50:04

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 11th 2023, 19:03:09

Rofl

LaF can teach you as long as you can tolerate Gerdler being a fluff, if I were you, talk to Evo guys, they are knowledgeable and if you're kool to them they will teach you, I mean, try to join them, seriously, if you're serious about netting go there, stop #1.

You can always learn in Express and Primary, post on the forums, there's always people helping.

Oh dear god. I almost want to just completely ignore this because I don't want to open a pandora's box.

You know what... I'm not going to say anything.

I appreciate the suggestion, Koh. I don't think I'll be joining up with any alliances though, for a myriad of reasons.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2023, 19:50:22

I bet you could join stones if you didn't get them into trouble haha.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 11th 2023, 20:37:49

Rofl

Oh dear god. I almost want to just completely ignore this because I don't want to open a pandora's box.

You know what... I'm not going to say anything.

I appreciate the suggestion, Koh. I don't think I'll be joining up with any alliances though, for a myriad of reasons.

Express, Tournament, Primary are good servers to learn too and the community is always willing to give tips and such.
(•_•)

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 11th 2023, 22:04:57

I bet you could join stones if you didn't get them into trouble haha.

They've offered before. I turned it down because I knew my presence would get them attacked. That was before clanGDI though. Nobody can really get attacked now... but I guess people could still be pissed at Taker or others for taking me in and take it out on them in other servers.

I kinda think Taker is pissed at me anyway. He attacked me on team for some reason last set when everyone else was ganging up on me. I sent him an inquiry message, but never heard back. Seemed weird to me because we were on great terms when we teamed up with LaF in the war a few sets back.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2023, 0:13:01

Fun fact, taker is ancient..... One of our oldest (in age) players if not...deeeeeee oldest, kool dude too, one of my favorites here 😎
(•_•)

BlackHole Game profile

Oct 12th 2023, 0:21:26

Oh yea, I am aware. I think I learned about his age the first time I picked a fight with him on teams. I learned he holds a grudge too! He seems like a real nice guy though.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 12th 2023, 0:35:48

Yeah he's been bugging me forever to join Stones lol, and I always end up making fun of their rainbow builds, he knows I like poking fun at his crew, maybe one day if 1a goes back to being what it should be I'll join them, I only played in 2 alliances in 1a :-)
(•_•)

Snoopdawg Game profile

Oct 12th 2023, 0:42:54

stones was told by Mercs to join the war on LaF's side to even things out a bit but nobody saw the blackhole clan joining LaF's side so that turned out to be a mistake

Auk Game profile

Oct 12th 2023, 3:08:40

I kinda think Taker is pissed at me anyway. He attacked me on team for some reason last set when everyone else was ganging up on me. I sent him an inquiry message, but never heard back. Seemed weird to me because we were on great terms when we teamed up with LaF in the war a few sets back.

It's possible that he isn't mad and the relations are just different for that server. I wouldn't assume being on good terms in one server would transfer over to other servers. It's possible to be allies in one server, but enemies in another.
Person1: I've sent you the cash you need to fund your turns.
Person2: Thanks, hit me up if you need more military units.
Person2: You bastard, I just got finished building up my army.
Person1: That's what happens when your spy ratio is non-existent.
Person2: Your parking lot is so gorgeous by the way.
Person1: Ah, thank you. I had mines unsolicitedly done just now by a certain mate of mines. I wish I can take credit for such an innovative parking lot marking design. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐, would recommend.
Person1: They were so nice to do it all free of charge, When I get turns, I'll have to pay em back.
Person2: Nah, there's no need. I would not worry about it. It's their pleasure to serve after all. :)
Person1: I insist. It'd be a disgrace to my name if I do not return such a generous favor. :)
Person1: Oh, by the way, the suicider has switched over to jets, so you might not want to sell too much of your turrets, lol.
Person2: Great, now we have another suicider.
Person1: Great, I can refer them to a certain friend who can build marvelous parking lots in record time ;)
Person2: Yes, please do. ;)

Your frenemy :D

Edited By: Auk on Oct 12th 2023, 3:12:52
Yay, new signature:
https://i.ibb.co/...s-a-paradigm-black-bg.png
Discord: HappyTheExceed
Paradigm's Secretary of State/HFA