Verified:

Galandy Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 18:57:22

So im downloading like 30 distros and having them all install on a 64gb flash drive persistently just so i always have a copy of whatever i want when i want. It will be added to the 8gb flash drive that currently holds a multiboot of win7 and a 8gb holding mac osx 10.66. There is also a 4gb recovery drive with antivirus and repairing dos type apps. Also a 16gb for random bits of junk i always want in my pocket.......

new question, does it make me nerdy i have 5 flash drives on my keychain and only 3 keys?

Discuss
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....
<Galandy>move to canada ZEN everyone else does
<[FBI]ZEN> And breed with a Quebecian
<[FBI]ZEN> To make the ultimate snob/migrant worker

Forgotten

Mar 3rd 2011, 19:07:26

you should get these 800gb flash drives (keychain size) from China for like $12.

one out of three works.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Galandy Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 19:10:53

LINK ME NOW!
<[FBI]ZEN> Which is funny...because I am Spanish and Native American mixed....which means I am a Mexican....

Forgotten

Mar 3rd 2011, 19:13:46

it's $12 each, u think they have a website? find a friend in shanghai, that' where i got mine.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 19:16:12

noob. what you need 30 distros of linux for?
won't help you until you guess my BIOS password anyway...
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Galandy Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 19:33:31

bios passwords have been proven to be a pretty terrible method of security. generators for the password error codes are scattered across the net for your pleasure.

you know in case you forget your password...... yeah thats the deal.....

Mar 3rd 2011, 19:46:00

ahh, so you're kinda familiar with hacking bios passwords, are you? what do you do for a living? steal people's identities? or extort money from them to make them feel safe?

Forgotten

Mar 3rd 2011, 20:03:53

maybe it's 'hacking bios passwords for those idiots who set bios passwords and forgot what the bios password is so they can actually use their computer'

~LaF's Retired Janitor~

Mar 3rd 2011, 20:15:26

no, because the idiots don't even know that they can set a user and supervisor password, let alone remember to forget it.

Galandy Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 20:44:45

I do pentesting as a hobby.

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Mar 3rd 2011, 21:23:28

LOL.

you only need like 7 distros with the different 7ish main guis (kde, xfce,...) and after that within those 7 you only need around 4 (main) different linux versions (fedora, ubuntu, mandriva, opensuse...) to apply those guis.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

Evolution Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 21:27:13

Originally posted by Forgotten:
maybe it's 'hacking bios passwords for those idiots who set bios passwords and forgot what the bios password is so they can actually use their computer'

I concur, I was at a workplace (many years ago) were a staff member set a bios password and forgot and went around claiming their computer was hacked. We eventually got them to admit that they were stupid.
Not posting on AT as much because Maki/Steeps gave back some of my forums on GHQ. RIP my decade long blog, my blog even had replies from people who are no longer with us :(.

Galandy Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 22:52:32

what i have learned in this little hobby of mine is people RARELY get hacked, on a personal level that is.

Grandma doesnt get her identity stolen or her pensioners check stolen NEARLY as often as the media makes it out to be.

Hacking for theft is done on corporate levels more then a personal level and its rarely seen or heard of.

Why?

A) Because its a hacker, not a script kiddie hacking your wifi password because your a retard and made it your phone number(i can see 47 wifi connections from my apt, 30-35% of those are a phone number) Its a trained and seasoned individual who knows how to take what they need and disappear before they are noticed or caught.

B) because it looks bad when your employee gave away sensitive information allowing a hacker penetration. Most of the time its not a good thing to show the stupidity of major businesses.

Mar 3rd 2011, 23:10:35

depends on whether or not you were born in Nigeria...

Suni Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 23:25:12

Dear Galandy :)

You don't need all that stuff for me to know..........YOU ARE A NERD!!!!

Luv
Suni ;)

Galandy Game profile

Mar 3rd 2011, 23:59:08

thats only because youve met me in person. Everyone who has met me in person im sure would say the same thing

ClayQ Game profile

Mar 4th 2011, 2:01:47

Galandy is like a sick puppy.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Mar 4th 2011, 2:46:33

Anyone who still plays this game in 2011 qualifies, without question, for lifelong nerdhood.
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

iTavi

Mar 4th 2011, 7:36:46

you are a nerd just because i have no idea what a distro is. and i'm not a nerd :)
~

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 4th 2011, 7:54:00

I actually, for once agree with Vic on something.....

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.