Verified:

joedro Game profile

Apr 17th 2011, 23:52:55

Randomize country numbers, that way all your country s cant be killed in a row, because you cant go down the number line and kill the 16 countries. Lets throw a down side to this, the offenders actually have to have some kinda skill to kill all your countries in one string.

Discuss.
Team: recruit me

Alliance: recruit me
contact- - pm right here will work just fine tho

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2011, 0:16:20

Been discussed; difficult technologically; how do you guarantee a continuous set of numbers if each is randomly assigned? how do you guarantee unique numbers if you're generating hundreds simultaneously?
Finally did the signature thing.

Drinks Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 1:25:34

Joedro.

You just create countries at different times.

You have like 3 days to create countries before losing turns. create 5 per day. Will spread your numbers out.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

joedro Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 2:08:57

ok :( didnt know that it had been discussed already sorry to waste your time

joedro Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 5:19:03

here is an idea tho... how about only assigning country names until the minute that the server opens, then assign the country numbers. Then if you have a set in consecutive country numbers its your fault!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2011, 5:55:08

ya, that was the conclussion the last discussion reached -- it would only really work for people who create their countries before the set starts, and we'd still need to update the mechanics quite a bit to make that possible

and some people LIKE to have their numbers be sequential, so we'd need to leave that as an option too....

lots of headaches, and most folks identified this as a relatively minor issue at most -- at least at that time

if you make them one at a time before the set starts, that's a good way to "hide" them, as qz notes :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

joedro Game profile

Apr 18th 2011, 6:07:56

i know i tried that and it failed terriably lol i dont know why any one would want this... ok im done with this issue!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 18th 2011, 7:37:01

make them one per 2 hours or something
Finally did the signature thing.