Verified:

Beltshumeltz Game profile

May 16th 2011, 8:15:01

Unless donations provide absolutely NO new players, then it's worth it.

The game hovers around 700 players (alliance) every round. I'm sure there are at least 50 people who'd be willing to donate 5$ a month as long as it gave them a forum name or something, maybe a star next to their country name. No need for bonuses for countries, except maybe automatically gaining those bonuses for voting.

If it takes even 5$ to recruit 1 new player but 50 of us can pay that per month, the game will still improve drastically.

So why wait? I really think all it needs is some assurance that this is used for advertising and a little "reputation reward" to feel good about ourselves.

I donated a chunk of cash when the game started and wouldn't mind again if I new I wasn't the only one, and if I saw that the number of players increased.

I remember you said you wanted to wait for facebook as right now it wasnt worth it or something. Truth is, I dont care if its wasteful because it costs 5$ of advertising to get a new player. And I think others might think the same. We like this community enough and 5$ a month is easy to pay. Advertise it enough and promise it's all to try new things to get new players and maybe you'll get 250$ a month or more!

Marshal Game profile

May 16th 2011, 20:35:27

5 bucks per month is bit too much, maybe 5$/6mos.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Twist Game profile

May 16th 2011, 20:42:38

Alternate revenue streams have been discuessed in the past, and they're still a good idea. The question still reamins though: What can the game offer that we want to buy ?

And with the cost of server sapce etc, I'm sure that there are other priorities than advertising. But admittedly, spedning money on that purpose might be useful. A simple link excahnce program with the players might also help (could be a bonuspoints gaining thing).

Marshal Game profile

May 17th 2011, 19:53:44

enuf bonus points atm but bonus land would be good (mbrs would hate that but no need to click it).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....