Verified:

bakku Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 23:42:46

some guy just did a bunch of bomb structure ops on me and of the successful ones, 7 times he destroyed 5 buildings, 9 times he destroyed 4 buildings for a total of 71 buildings. my country had 260 cs, ~80 IC and 20,000 labs. 55 of the buildings destroyed were CS. i know the bomb structures op is based on the aggressor's own buildings. i'm suggesting that the formula be changed a little bit so it's not so easy for suiciders to take out a ton of CS?

Ozzite Game profile

Jul 27th 2011, 23:51:43

interesting...so a suicider with only CS who does bomb structs totally fluffs the opponents CS?

Seems like this functionality is a bit buggy
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

pokey Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 1:38:07

I think that's pretty awesome if you're looking to cripple a country, from a war standpoint. Not a terrible way to gain readiness.
--TheOmega--
--Pandora's Last Vikings--
http://www.eepandora.com

bakku Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 2:06:22

Originally posted by pokey:
I think that's pretty awesome if you're looking to cripple a country, from a war standpoint. Not a terrible way to gain readiness.

well from a war standpoint, you'd have to go all CS and then your country would have no production. but if you're a suicider just looking to screw someone over you can do a lot of damage

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 28th 2011, 11:05:59

yea, i agree with bakku on this.

i don't really agree that the ratio of nw/buildings/etc has such a huge effect anyway(yea, give it some effect, but not as much as it has... 71 buildings total??! worthless).

but i do know that these measures were put in to curb suiciding. seems that, if this is correct, they have backfired and allowed true suiciders to really screw over they country they're at war with.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 28th 2011, 14:32:55

I thought bomb structures always was CS heavy on the damage, which is one of the few reasons to use it considering the low number of buildings it typically destroys.

Chewi Game profile

Jul 28th 2011, 21:41:38

It's likely to be based on amount like bomb air bases rather than a %, so a country with 10 CS and 1,000 indies doesn't do as much damage as a country with 300 CS and 10,000 indies.

Xninja Game profile

May 5th 2015, 9:07:12

Everything in this thread is wrong. In regards to CS destruction anyways.

Country A has 20cs
Country B has 180cs
Country C has 540cs

Country D has 180cs

No matter what country A-C that does a bomb structure operation, despite build likeness yields 1-3 destroyed CS on country D.

Additional information that may be asked about...

All countries are under 1m networth. Land ranged from 1,000-10,000. Also saw little difference in returns based on spal:spal.

From personal experience a country with more built land. and network will do less damage than if you had an equal or smaller county committing the operations.
Originally posted by bakku:
some guy just did a bunch of bomb structure ops on me and of the successful ones, 7 times he destroyed 5 buildings, 9 times he destroyed 4 buildings for a total of 71 buildings. my country had 260 cs, ~80 IC and 20,000 labs. 55 of the buildings destroyed were CS. i know the bomb structures op is based on the aggressor's own buildings. i'm suggesting that the formula be changed a little bit so it's not so easy for suiciders to take out a ton of CS?

7+9=16. 16*3=48. Little less than your actual lossses but still close.

Overlord of Chaos
http://lords.ghqnet.com<--CLICK ME; JOIN CHAOS
Aim:baerninja
MSN/Email: