Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 13:11:05

If there's a plague in your food supply, shouldn't you be able to spread this plague to other countries by selling the infected food on the public market?

Edited By: General Earl on Sep 27th 2011, 2:40:53. Reason: categorized
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 24th 2011, 13:22:47

i'd rather make it so if you're bioed you can't sell food on the market

although that would make suiciding people as they destocked easier (bioterror them so they can't use the public market) which I don't think is a positiev thing

the game's market has better quality control
no one wants to get Mad Bushel Disease
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

NukEvil Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 13:38:05

Using nw change tools, it is possible in certain circumstances to tell who sold bushels to who. So I think the game's community can figure out how to respond to the new plague threat. Perhaps an extra "market news" category can be written, and when infected food comes on the market, it can show up in every country's news that "WARNING: Plagued bushels are on the public market" or something. When the plagued bushels go off the market (they get bought by other countries or they go back to the country trying to sell them), then another news item can say that there is no longer a threat of buying poisoned food.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 24th 2011, 13:41:34

that sounds like a complex change with a lot of negatives and no positives...

what are the positive aspects of this? it seems like it's just adding new ways to frustrate people without adding extra value.

you don't control who buys your bushels (in nearly all cases) so it's not something you can target...

this sounds like something that could be good for a zombie game around halloween, though! :p

Edited By: Pang on Aug 24th 2011, 13:48:23
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Marshal Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 15:18:59

and due standing orders players couldn't avoid bad food unless it would be marked as bad and there would be option not to buy it which would make spreading bad food pointless.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Rockman Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 15:36:00

Quality of gameplay is more important than realism.

W Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 16:19:29

anything to make spy ops more interesting. what if successful bio had a chance of infecting your allies too? that would be fun. what if an entire clan bioed itself and bombarded the market with infected food? also fun. would make med tech have a little higher value for the average country as well.
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

Marshal Game profile

Aug 24th 2011, 19:49:12

med tech wouldn't get boost since bio doesn't last that long.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

koonfasa

Aug 27th 2011, 15:04:20

bioterror is currently just an irritant to a waller slowing population growth temporarily and minutely. Maybe it should slow down readiness recovery.

Edited By: koonfasa on Aug 27th 2011, 15:08:46. Reason: and bringing back
See Original Post

Chaoswind Game profile

Aug 27th 2011, 21:13:57

Why not make it so Bio terror puts a 25% penalty on the PCI/production of all turns under it?

Would make it useful, because right now is useless

-25% IC production
-25% Bushel production
-25% PCI
-25% Oil production

Let Bioterror cause more economic damage than population damage, because that is what would happen in the real world, some people would die, but the fear would cause more problems on the economic level, than the actual death of a few hundreds or thousands people.

Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2