Verified:

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 17:51:55

In that case Sov, maybe war clans should try warring other war clans instead of netting clans?

Chadius Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 18:21:11

That's what I said in another thread. lol SoL vs SoF etc. :)
LAF

Soviet Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 18:23:11

Originally posted by Soviet:
I think clan based war rankings might actually inspire some people to compete in certain war-oriented alliances...
Imaginary Numbers
http://www.letskillstuff.org

Marshal Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 18:51:54

imag would be high on warsets but otherwise big tags would dominate that list too unless there's wars lost category and imag would be high on that list too.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Soviet Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 20:33:34

You seem to be under the impression I care about where iMag ranks on such a list. I don't. I just want a way to show my guys where we stand on the server with something official backing it up.
Imaginary Numbers

Marshal Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 21:10:04

i know imag doesn't care.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

hanlong Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 21:25:21

the only ranking Soviet cares about is this one:

Worst Alliance Leaders
1. Soviet

;) haha just kidding

in all seriousness though i do agree we need more ingame war achievement recognition
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Son Goku Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 22:02:19

Definitely, more war stuff :)

ZIP Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 22:54:43

Originally posted by Chadius:
That's what I said in another thread. lol SoL vs SoF etc. :)

don't hold your breath we all have been waiting for that one - but i guess both sides are scarred who would win
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 11th 2011, 23:13:22

Originally posted by dagga:
I'm not saying admins hate war people - don't put words in peoples mouths.

Originally posted by dagga:
anoniem displays the typical Evo view (shared by admins currently). That is, make alliance server the Primary Server with tag protection so you can farm untaggeds.

Cool.

Take your own advice.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

anoniem Game profile

Sep 11th 2011, 23:25:24

lol @ zip
re(ally)tired

ZIP Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 0:05:06

it's true - both are strong fighters and the outcome could go either way, but if they did fight, and there was a winner ( how to decide is also up in the air ) then think of the loss of trolling speculation.
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

ZIP Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 0:05:33

i don't want to see them fight on second thought- more food for dagga

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 2:13:12

For those of you fluffing about not enough war rankings, what exactly is it you'd like to see that you can't currently obtain through the site itself and EE stats? Or are you just fluffing because the game is not set up the way you personally would like to see it set up?

Seems to me, this thread is full of folks who think selfishly enough that they consider the only "proper" way to play/record info is the way they want it done, despite what the larger appeal of the game may be...

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Sep 12th 2011, 2:29:50

from my perspective the warring people already claim this is a "war game" (even though the only form on in game stats are netting related), the last thing we need is to add more ammunition for this view.

UBer Bu Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 5:34:30

Warring is already a means to potentially increasing NW, while at the same time consuming NW. There's that dichotomy again.

NW is the objective measure of a country, and has been since the beginning. What dagga suggests is akin to learning basketball, playing basketball for a long time, and then complaining because you'd rather win a basketball game by kicking a ball in a net.

Also, "biased" is not typically defined as "disagreeing with dagga" 8)
-take off every sig.

anoniem Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 7:01:06

Originally posted by UBer Bu:
Warring is already a means to potentially increasing NW, while at the same time consuming NW. There's that dichotomy again.

NW is the objective measure of a country, and has been since the beginning. What dagga suggests is akin to learning basketball, playing basketball for a long time, and then complaining because you'd rather win a basketball game by kicking a ball in a net.

Also, "biased" is not typically defined as "disagreeing with dagga" 8)

I love you!
re(ally)tired

dagga Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 7:52:20

Possibly the dumbest analogy I've ever seen.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

locket Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 8:02:08

Bu, I think it would be more like wanting to win by mercilessly attacking your opponents on the court with knives and bats until there is nothing left and you got to jail for life so neither side wins. Thats what Dagga wants.

Zaka Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 9:57:21

The problem is that certain clans are so fixed in playing the game in a way that it never was intended to be played. Its clear the goal of earth:2025 was networth, that's how rank is measured, the war room is there to aid this goal, the destructive attacks are there to help you achieve this goal by protecting yourself by removing threats, its not a goal in itself...

"War" clans should use their willingness to war as political leverage against netting clans, as a way to try and enforce policies that benefit them or outright demanding things.
They could also attempt to secure top spots by playing in a way that netting alliances deem non-legit, FA'ing and land trading.. that should create some real friction in the game.

Soviet Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 16:24:13

The ability to take stats like HPK, HPM, KDR etc etc from set to set and then be able to average them speaks more about the clan than the one they FSed.

Would also like to know if it would be possible to count harmful spy ops in rankings, as I think it would be interesting to see which clan better utilizes those.
Imaginary Numbers

MR BUTTMAN

Sep 12th 2011, 16:27:13

zaka for president!

buttman for bonus points!

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 12th 2011, 17:28:02

I quite like UBer Bu's analogy - go figure dagga wouldn't....

Zaka - that's more or less what happens.

I still haven't seen any sort of response to what the war monger crowd would like to see for stats that is not currently available in game or via 3rd party sites. Since PBPT (pointless fluffing per thread) is not a measurable statistic, you guys are gonna have to at least give folks something to build on if you want the conversation to be taken seriously...

MR BUTTMAN

Sep 12th 2011, 17:58:42

the guy writing things with his penis is preaching about serious conversation????????!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 12th 2011, 19:11:50

I"m pretty involved with game mechanics and changes.

I don't think I've ever played in a netting tag...?
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Sep 12th 2011, 19:38:04

In any case I've been involved with much of the game development, including testing formulas from day 1. There is no plan/design to make the game favor netting over warring and many of the changes I could easily see to be adapted to war using a little creativity. Most of the rules change the flavor of the game but don't make netting/warring any better or worse and are aimed at improving the overall user experience. The admins are not making changes to benefit one tag over the other and there is a lot of discussion between people involved in testing in terms of the impact of the changes on the experience as a whole.
There are more changes being discussed or that have been agreed to but not implemented yet that will impact warring more than netting however the admins have limited time on their hands and things can only get done at a certain speed. Unlike Mehul, game changes are thought through a little better and tested carefully prior to going main stream.

Making constructive rule suggestions is always welcome and should be done on the B&S board (we all read it). imo hurling accusations at the admins is counterproductive and is not going to make anything better.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!