Verified:

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 13th 2011, 22:01:04

I had a Meet and Greet in the Seattle area back in 2001-2002, and I would like to do one again.

In the Next few months I will finalize the purchase and finish the remodeling of a new Sports Bar in the Seattle Area (Kent to be more specific). If anyone is interested in coming to a meet and greet, I'll offer my Sports Bar as a place to conduct it.

If anyone is interested, please Private Message me and we will get something setup.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 3:02:01

I go to and from Seattle on occasion - if it happens to be a time I'm in town, I would most certainly attend.

ZDH Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 14:53:10

Curious me and some people are startin up a MC and we would like to get a bar going...

How much do you spend starting up a bar? How do you receive a liqour license ect ect...? What all do I need to know other then that?

No way i'll be able to go to Seattle from Texas though to far.
-BigZ

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 19:32:56

ZDH - Starting up a bar is not an easy thing. Not only do you have to find the right location with the right demographics to satisfy the bankers who will be giving you the business loan, you also need to find out market data from the area, estimate your breakage, create a realistic profits/loss statement, complete all state required classes (Safety, Sexual Harrassment, etc), complete a Mixology class (If you intend on handling any alcohol its a must), complete a food handlers class, apply for Gambling licence (If you plan on having pull tabs), apply for a liquer licence, etc, etc, etc...

Basically what I am saying is, its not something that you and some buddies can do on a whim. There is alot of work involved and in my particular case, over 2yrs of preparation before finding the right property to open up at the right price.

NOW3P Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 19:33:02

Liquor licenses seem to vary from state to state. In MN, you can get a temporary one from the city, but if you want to open a permanent establishment you have to obtain your license from the state board of alcohol and gaming. At least up here, you pay an annual fee.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 19:37:43

As for "How much do you spend starting up a bar?". That all depends on your location.

Seattles cost of living is like 3x more than anywhere in Texas. So if you can buy a home for $100,000 in Texas, that same home would cost me $300,000 here in Seattle.

So giving you an exact cost amount is not realistic. Each property/bar purchase is different. If you can buy as/is and don't have to do any remodeling, of course that cuts down on your costs. But if you plan on tearing out walls, adding pool tables, replacing all the tables/chairs, etc, it costs more.

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 14th 2011, 19:42:07

In Washington we can transfer Liquer Licences between businesses during an ownership change.

With that the new owernership must apply for a new liquer licence within 7 days of the purchase of the property. If the application is submitted within 7 days of the Sale, the previous liquer licence becomes a legal licence until the new licence is either approved or denied.