Verified:

midevil.chaos Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 18:42:04

Please follow this link and erase the text and replace it with mine (or write one up, change it, or whatever). This is about Bill C-11 (it's like SOPA, but in Canada). Please share it with EVERYONE you know, thanks.

http://www.ccer.ca/...o-stop-the-canadian-dmca/

Dear Ministers,

I would like to take this opportunity to convey my concerns and suggestions in regards to Bill C-11, The Copyright Modernization Act.

I believe that policing internet itself would become a violation of our rights to privacy. Without it, how can we claim that our state is democratic? Does it not become dictatorial whatsoever? After all, should our state be policed by Big Brother, we lose what little freedom we possess.

We cannot afford to lose part of our lives (much of it spent on the net) to Big Brother. What is the point of having all of us potentially put in jail or forced to pay ridiculous amounts of money because of copyright infringements? This is not only stupid, but it borders on a dictatorial state.

This is MY country, just as much as the next person. Why then is our personal freedom on the line of fire? Should Bill C-11 pass into action, then I for one will not have a country anymore. I will become a patriot without a country, (figuratively) thrown out from a place I call home.

I cannot bear to think for a moment that the internet provider that OUR household pays would police OUR activities on internet. This is ridiculously insane to believe that we may not even be safe in our own household any longer.

Sincerely,

Link Game profile

Feb 12th 2012, 21:21:50

they be trying to stop muh piracy :(
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

pokey Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 4:11:08

They're trying to pull that crap with you guys too?
--TheOmega--
--Pandora's Last Vikings--
http://www.eepandora.com

Popcom Game profile

Feb 13th 2012, 15:22:55

i disagree with your reasoning...

The arguments against these sorts of bills are not because of the effort to stop piracy, but the effect trying to sop piracy would have on other LEGAL freedoms, and the way these laws would allow agencies to go about enforcement.
Its not a right to pirate copyrighted material. That's the point of copyright laws.
Your letter is basically saying that you have the right to pirate material, which you don't. Almost all countries have copyright laws, which have been in place for a LONG time. Nobody is campaigning against these for a reason. They are campaigning against new laws not for there intent, but for the way they can go about it.
1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~