Verified:

Anonymous

May 14th 2012, 0:32:30

They don't care.

Crop Duster Game profile

May 14th 2012, 1:15:20

Don't quit,make it better.Stand and deliver.

Son Goku Game profile

May 14th 2012, 1:52:20

Originally posted by qzjul:
The games numbers are actually still trending upwards...

Users logged in the last month 1923

Take that anon!

I'm awaiting my apology.

VivaNick Game profile

May 14th 2012, 2:04:22

Miss ya mdemon!

I wonder whether war room's GS, AB, MA can be remove!

Patience Game profile

May 14th 2012, 15:47:49

A lot of folks here seem to be oblivious to the fact that there's a distinct difference between cheating in the game and hacking to gain advantage in the game. I don't believe the vast majority of LaF had ANY idea that this abuse of admin accesses was going on - so why jump on the guy's goodbye thread? Yeesh. I got the impression that he's disillusioned because of the abuse, not that he's leaving because LaF is being jumped on.

Whatever his reasons... he's just one more guy who won't be playing. Instead of celebrating his demise, you might want to mourn the fact that he's one fewer player in the community.

In any case... good luck, mdemon.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

TheORKINMan Game profile

May 14th 2012, 15:56:13

Patty defending the crybabies that benefited from unethical behavior. There's a shocker.
Smarter than your average bear.

davidoss Game profile

May 14th 2012, 16:12:19

Good luck mate. Come back if and when you feel like it. :) But until then, take care.

trumper Game profile

May 14th 2012, 17:01:19

Originally posted by TheORKINMan:
Patty defending the crybabies that benefited from unethical behavior. There's a shocker.

You benefitted, I benefitted and 90% of players benefitted from unethical behavior in the past when we bottomfed what we all knew were bots in 2025. We weren't chased out of the game. We weren't deleted. And the excuse that we all did it isn't a valid excuse. The cheaters should and were permabanned. The admins handled it properly.

I think Patty's absolutely right here. We're growing (albeit very slowly) and yet we're our own worst enemy. Some of us try to manipulate the game by unethical means and others try to politically destroy an alliance for the actions of a few. In the end, both actions drive away clean players at a time when we should be doing what we can to help keep clean players. Maybe I missed it, but there weren't offers to help LaF find out if they had another cheaters, it was all rhetoric and demands. In private, some of us did offer (and at least one of the big three against Laf folks was receptive to their credit), but unfortunately it went no where. I would throw caution to the wind in dancing upon graves when soon there may be no ground left to dance on.

davidoss Game profile

May 14th 2012, 17:09:42

Originally posted by trumper:

You benefitted, I benefitted and 90% of players benefitted from unethical behavior in the past when we bottomfed what we all knew were bots in 2025. We weren't chased out of the game. We weren't deleted. And the excuse that we all did it isn't a valid excuse. The cheaters should and were permabanned. The admins handled it properly.

I think Patty's absolutely right here. We're growing (albeit very slowly) and yet we're our own worst enemy. Some of us try to manipulate the game by unethical means and others try to politically destroy an alliance for the actions of a few. In the end, both actions drive away clean players at a time when we should be doing what we can to help keep clean players. Maybe I missed it, but there weren't offers to help LaF find out if they had another cheaters, it was all rhetoric and demands. In private, some of us did offer (and at least one of the big three against Laf folks was receptive to their credit), but unfortunately it went no where. I would throw caution to the wind in dancing upon graves when soon there may be no ground left to dance on.

Well said.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2012, 17:10:55

Cry more, cheater.

NukEvil Game profile

May 14th 2012, 17:13:57

You DO know those "clean" players could just choose to join a "clean" alliance, right? They don't have to leave the game entirely just because LaF's TNW is looking like Wall Street in 1929. IMO, if players believe "it's our alliance or nothing at all", then those players themselves are part of the problem.

I am just as sad to see good players go like everyone else who wants this community to thrive. However, we have an entire alliance that benefited--knowingly or otherwise--from the actions of a cheating president and a hacking member. It's up to the rest of the community to undo the damage caused by those who actively cheated and hacked, as well as the damage wrought by those who helped their collective achieve their top status in the server. This process is almost always painful to any community. Like pruning a plant.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

echlori Game profile

May 14th 2012, 17:16:06

Some of us try to manipulate the game by unethical means and others try to politically destroy an alliance for the actions of a few.

So, where were you when LaF was doing this to others?

davidoss Game profile

May 14th 2012, 17:18:24

LaF isn't an alliance, it's a family.

NukEvil Game profile

May 14th 2012, 17:23:05

Originally posted by davidoss:
LaF isn't an alliance, it's a family.

If that's so, then I'd probably go as far as saying that their current predicament is mainly due to several generations of inbreeding.

Gonna catch up with you sooner or later.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Alin Game profile

May 14th 2012, 17:24:42

Everybody around is a family - and many stick around just for that.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2012, 18:35:17

Originally posted by Alin:

Speak for yourself... None of ya'all are my family. Thank god!

Alin Game profile

May 14th 2012, 18:43:11

Originally posted by Requiem:

Speak for yourself... None of ya'all are my family. Thank god!

i mean as an "alliance" ... Most of the alliances are like family.

Patience Game profile

May 14th 2012, 19:27:56

Oh, what a shocker - Orkin slamming me for the sake of slamming me. Didn't your mama ever tell you that you should keep your yap shut if you don't have something constructive to say? Assuming you HAD a mama... :p

Being the guy who unknowingly benefits from actions taken by someone in his organization should not make him the villain. I just think a lot of you are misplacing your ire. If this guy knew nothing, give him a freakin' break and direct your anger at Hanlong and TC, where it belongs. And if you can prove that others in LaF knew it was going on, then sure - direct it their way as well. But to automatically beat up on everyone in LaF for the actions taken by a couple of people isn't fair, isn't productive, and is just going to chase people out of the game.
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

locket Game profile

May 14th 2012, 19:43:00

Originally posted by NukEvil:
You DO know those "clean" players could just choose to join a "clean" alliance, right? They don't have to leave the game entirely just because LaF's TNW is looking like Wall Street in 1929. IMO, if players believe "it's our alliance or nothing at all", then those players themselves are part of the problem.

I am just as sad to see good players go like everyone else who wants this community to thrive. However, we have an entire alliance that benefited--knowingly or otherwise--from the actions of a cheating president and a hacking member. It's up to the rest of the community to undo the damage caused by those who actively cheated and hacked, as well as the damage wrought by those who helped their collective achieve their top status in the server. This process is almost always painful to any community. Like pruning a plant.

Odd. I think we are playing in a clean alliance now. At least as far as anyones information goes including our own.

NukEvil Game profile

May 14th 2012, 19:50:47

If your alliance is clean, then why are members still leaving it?

Anonymous

May 14th 2012, 19:55:24

Because the community of this game is so venomous and many people don't have the time or want to war for many sets.

I think 4 alliances FSing one alliance is just pathetic, you have nutsacks running around claiming there will be 6 months of this. You have one alliance that's only interest is disbanding them.

Do you really think this is a good community? LOL!

NukEvil Game profile

May 14th 2012, 20:06:23

Right. 6 months. 6 months of LaF receiving no pacts from Evo, MD, SOL, and God knows whoever else.

Hey, you know what else took 6 months? LaF's pact-voiding, surprise-FSing, membership-depleting, alliance-gangbanging, database-accessing voyage of conquest on the Alliance server.

What you are seeing right now is the community's efforts to correct the balance that LaF has undeniably and unfairly tipped in their favor.

trumper Game profile

May 14th 2012, 20:30:00

Cry more, cheater.

I hope you're being sarcastic knowing I don't and have never played in Laf. Let alone ever cheated. Amusing if you were being sarcastic.

Atryn Game profile

May 14th 2012, 20:30:35

What you are seeing right now is the community's efforts to correct the balance that LaF has undeniably and unfairly tipped in their favor.

Are you saying you've discovered the one who will bring balance to the Force?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2012, 20:32:11

Cry more, cheater.

I hope you're being sarcastic knowing I don't and have never played in Laf. Let alone ever cheated. Amusing if you were being sarcastic.

:)

trumper Game profile

May 14th 2012, 20:34:57

Draw me the line in the sand of why it was ok for you to prosper from bottomfeeding in 2025 from known bots, but for Laf rank-and-file to unknowingly benefit from cheating leadership? Better yet, riddle me how many alliances had RD in their leadership at one point or another and if those political benefits of cheating also constitute the same rationale? How about landtrading? Shall I go on?

NukEvil Game profile

May 14th 2012, 21:08:05

Prove to me that those players in E:2025 were benefitting from others accessing the game's backend database, then we'll talk.

aqua Game profile

May 14th 2012, 22:50:01

Mmm many sets of more war. :)

locket Game profile

May 14th 2012, 23:06:30

If your alliance is clean, then why are members still leaving it?

Stop posting stupid/ignorant statements.

Forgotten left because he needs to get his RL in order. He has a job to handle.

MD left for reasons stated in his thread.

If people were leaving Laf because they knew people were cheating those would be the same who would turn them in to Pang or QZ.

NukEvil Game profile

May 14th 2012, 23:11:04

Totally missed my point. Ahh well.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 14th 2012, 23:11:14

Locket do you run a Disco because you know how to Spin my man! Spin spin spin

anoniem Game profile

May 14th 2012, 23:21:44

they need to get a facebook like button on this!!
re(ally)tired

allbymyself87 Game profile

May 14th 2012, 23:44:00

i have died so many times in the previous resets but i have never think of quitting... :X

locket Game profile

May 14th 2012, 23:45:00

How is it spin when it is simply a couple of facts? Perhaps you should go read Forgotten's post and such.

dagga Game profile

May 15th 2012, 0:05:07

trumper is scared that big daddy LaF is going to lose influence and diminish their ability to protect LCN.

Why don't you try and get out from underneath their shadow? I know you've been there for a long time but there has to be something better than being a perpetual LaF-lite.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Sov Game profile

May 15th 2012, 0:11:05

Actually LCN is and always has been one of the most independently minded Alliances out of the larger ones. They have regularly decided to follow their own path much to the frustration of allies.

Stop trying to guilt trip and manipulate them, it is too transparent.

dagga Game profile

May 15th 2012, 0:14:42

Another LaF-lite.
signatures are stupid.

Drow Game profile

May 15th 2012, 1:02:09

"You DO know those "clean" players could just choose to join a "clean" alliance, right? They don't have to leave the game entirely just because LaF's TNW is looking like Wall Street in 1929. IMO, if players believe "it's our alliance or nothing at all", then those players themselves are part of the problem."

I disagree. the fact these players are loyal to their alliance is a credit. As someone who HAS played outside of his home alliance in the past, after run ins with leadership, nowhere else ever feels quite right, no matter how much fun it is (I love you guys in MD btw). I spent a couple of sets in MD after my run in with PDM heads (long in the past, and an over reaction on my behalf I suspect), before eventually going back to PDM, because it was home.
I'll admit, there's been occasions when I have flirted with the idea of playing in a different alliance sometime, just to get a feel for others out there, but at the end of the day, I suspect I'll always go back to PDM. when I have ahd to take time out from PDM (other than that one set) I've taken time off earth altogether.

Players who are loyal to their home aren't the problem.
Players who intentionally want to do the wrong thing are.

Yes, we at PDM chose to void our pact with LaF. However, we have NOT hit them, and have no intention (to my knowledge) of doing so. As far as we are concerned, in voiding our pact, we have made our point.

Paradigm President of failed speeling

Rockman Game profile

May 15th 2012, 4:29:29

Why should anyone care that mischiefdemon is leaving? I'm in LaF and I don't even care and I won't miss him one bit.

TheORKINMan Game profile

May 15th 2012, 4:34:44

They are so loyal to their alliance and to EE they are quitting. Sounds to me like they were loyal to either TC/hanlong or loyal to the gravy train they provided. The "loyal" members are the ones who are sucking it up an continuing on.
Smarter than your average bear.

Pride Game profile

May 15th 2012, 4:35:19

Originally posted by Rockman:
Why should anyone care that mischiefdemon is leaving? I'm in LaF and I don't even care and I won't miss him one bit.

Some "family".

Since your name already has MD in it you minus well come over to the "dark side" Mdemon.

Junky Game profile

May 15th 2012, 5:05:01

Every alliance has Family feelings for our members, after 10+ years of being around each other, its hard not to think of them as anything other than a brother or sister, son or daughter for the older folk, you know who you are.

fact is.. LaF has been killing off families more than the rest of these alliances, Earth probly wouldn't be in this stage if LaF held off on farming, maybe even made rules that helped with dealing with getting retaled.

my question is... why think about the game now, where were these concerns when Earth was actually thriving... well losing less than the hemeraging it had gone thru.. we're supposed to feel bad about losing people now that LaF is feeling the blows?
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

locket Game profile

May 15th 2012, 5:16:21

Originally posted by Junky:
Every alliance has Family feelings for our members, after 10+ years of being around each other, its hard not to think of them as anything other than a brother or sister, son or daughter for the older folk, you know who you are.

fact is.. LaF has been killing off families more than the rest of these alliances, Earth probly wouldn't be in this stage if LaF held off on farming, maybe even made rules that helped with dealing with getting retaled.

my question is... why think about the game now, where were these concerns when Earth was actually thriving... well losing less than the hemeraging it had gone thru.. we're supposed to feel bad about losing people now that LaF is feeling the blows?

lol.

Laf is the only one who farms?
Laf is somehow the only reason the game is at this point? Wow.

Junky Game profile

May 15th 2012, 5:49:27

Originally posted by locket:
Originally posted by Junky:

lol.

Laf is the only one who farms?
Laf is somehow the only reason the game is at this point? Wow.

how many alliances actually made a member of a tiny alliance create an account just to Dec on them? when I say farm, I don't mean the way every alliance LG's.. I mean to actually farm the alliance, any hit against them an act of war and more farming. LaF is the only alliance I know that actually had LG rules that were made for almost the sole purpose of farming the smaller alliances. how many DNH's have LaF given alliances that are almost not even a tenth the size of them?
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Alin Game profile

May 15th 2012, 6:09:28

Laf brough into this game the concept of "war for land" which is grotesque. A lot of people left because they were forced to war and after the tagkill they were farms for 20-30 days.

How about that ? That drove out a lot of members out of this game. You can see in your numbers how bad that is - you have less than 50% restart rate and threads about "quiting the game" all over the place. Maybe now you will realize that "hanlongs Laf" was the cancer of this game.

I wonder how you will defend that ....

pele Game profile

May 15th 2012, 6:13:07

youll be back mdemon

quiting is harder to do then to say... and even if one quits, its easy to get drawn back again!

locket Game profile

May 15th 2012, 6:14:53

Laf brough into this game the concept of "war for land" which is grotesque. A lot of people left because they were forced to war and after the tagkill they were farms for 20-30 days.

How about that ? That drove out a lot of members out of this game. You can see in your numbers how bad that is - you have less than 50% restart rate and threads about "quiting the game" all over the place. Maybe now you will realize that "hanlongs Laf" was the cancer of this game.

I wonder how you will defend that ....

Ok so killing them for the next 20-30 days is much better for them I guess. That has happened many times in earth's history. I can't name specific times since I don't care to remember but I am positive that people have farmed those they have killed after they were essentially dead before Laf recently did that.

Alin Game profile

May 15th 2012, 6:25:02

That has happened many times in earth's history

No it didn`t. Not at that scale ... But whatever.

Apart from the cheating scandal - no one in Laf was bothered by the wars that were intended to farm after the tag kill.

Edited By: Alin on May 15th 2012, 6:32:50
See Original Post

dagga Game profile

May 15th 2012, 6:30:44

locket is wrong as usual.
signatures are stupid.

locket Game profile

May 15th 2012, 7:03:47

Originally posted by dagga:
locket is wrong as usual.

Yah no one ever killed someone all set long. Heck no one tried to push Arrow out etc.