Verified:

Rockman Game profile

May 6th 2013, 3:35:32

What's your take on the elections?

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 6th 2013, 3:54:00

I once thought i was malaysian, I ate one of those sour crybabies and my face contorted so I looked in the mirror and said "holy crap, im malaysian!" lolololol
Do as I say, not as I do.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 6th 2013, 4:21:06

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
I once thought i was malaysian, I ate one of those sour crybabies and my face contorted so I looked in the mirror and said "holy crap, im malaysian!" lolololol

+1

Rockman - I seen Tisya vote on FB, so you might want to ask here.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

TeckMing Game profile

May 6th 2013, 6:05:15

dirty, cheat, but impressed with Malaysian's political awareness now. 80+% turnout rate is significant

iNouda Game profile

May 6th 2013, 8:49:50

No hope in Bolehland.

tisya Game profile

May 6th 2013, 12:07:33

I was disappointed but not really surprised. I wouldn't say there's no hope. 80+% voter turn out is the best we've had maybe ever so that means, at the very least, there is less apathy and we should be proud of that. I didn't really expect it to change this time around however, the ruling party is now very aware that people are paying attention and aren't afraid to say what they think or feel. So the next 5 years will be quite interesting.

There are some really good observations by our independent news coverage like malaysianinsider.com or malaysiakini.com if you're interested. It's hard to get facts in Malaysia though, mostly opinions and conjectures so while I agree that the election wasn't 100% clean (far from it), I can't say EVERYTHING that's going around about it is true either.

Tl:dr: Was disappointed, people suck, but what's new? :P
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

VivaNick Game profile

May 6th 2013, 12:18:39

I am Malaysian... Both my vote for Parlimen & State go to PKR

NukEvil Game profile

May 6th 2013, 12:38:35

Originally posted by Rockman:
What's your take on the elections?

Elections?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

BobbyATA Game profile

May 6th 2013, 13:04:51

racism still rule of law. Yay Malaysia!

Trife Game profile

May 6th 2013, 14:41:50

I miss Didi, and his flying kisses

iNouda Game profile

May 6th 2013, 18:47:00

Welcome to Malaysia. If you don't like BN, GTFO. Hidup Rosmah.

Y-NoT Game profile

May 7th 2013, 1:24:49

racism happens everywhere.

crischew Game profile

May 7th 2013, 1:31:55

PKR!!!!

selangor :P

pele Game profile

May 7th 2013, 7:31:56

who won? pkr?

tisya Game profile

May 7th 2013, 9:33:51

Majority BN but PR won a few more than the last elections.

Racism is still the rule of law because we allow it to be that way.

I am in Selangor and I'm from Penang which are both under the opposition. I was happy about it until I saw the candidate for Chief Minister in Selangor so it should be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks. Penang should be good though :D
Tisya

archaic Game profile

May 7th 2013, 11:30:02

OK, i'm not an expert on Pacific culture by any means, but aren't the Malaysian people themselves really just a fairly recent melting pot amalgamation of other Pacific/Asiatic peoples within the last 1k years or so?

As an uneducated isolationist 'Merican, I find it difficult to root against anything that stems the tide of Chinese economic growth.

If indigenous Malaysians were a minority instead of a majority, would these laws be seen as progressive?

Tisya, your blue finger is cute and all, but get your shoes off and get back to the kitchen and knit me a hat.

;D
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

tisya Game profile

May 7th 2013, 13:34:01

First of all, the indigenous Malaysians are a minority. Our history goes back further than 1000 years though, trading with China, India, Thailand and surrounding nations was already happening before the white man stepped foot here :P

Secondly, if you're talking about chinese economic growth in terms of China then..I am not sure what to say about that lol

Malaysian history is complicated and you will hear different things from different people. I have my own theories and beliefs about why things are the way they are today but I'm not going to voice them here :)

The (I guess the closest thing to call it) Affirmative Action law set for the majority (which is unusual) was created at a different time for a specific situation, however, as it hasn't achieved it's original goal, it should be scrapped because it doesn't solve the root of the problem at all. But anyway, if you want to know more about it, I'm sure there are other Malaysians here who are more well versed in the debate, or I know other people who are.

Man, I JUST finished cleaning up after dinner. Can't I have a minute to sit down? :P
Tisya

TNTroXxor Game profile

May 7th 2013, 16:53:58

^

Affirmative law was enacted after the events of May 13. The then prime minister and his goons pulled a hanlong and gave the majority race unfair advantage in business, education and position of power.
Originally posted by JJ23:
i havent been deleted since last set

pele Game profile

May 7th 2013, 19:05:00

"Racism is still the rule of law "
in what way is there rasicm? and against who?

(Ive been to M´sia twice, but I have no clue on whats going on)

iNouda Game profile

May 7th 2013, 21:08:35

Cheaper houses/cars for one race. Institutionalized discrimination against the other races by setting official or unofficial quotas for entry into public service/scholarships/universities and the like.

Funding discrimination against what is arguably racially-based (or racist depending on how you see it) schools, but then again if they wanna fund it themselves, it's their choice. Imo the Government schools are just as good as the privately funded Chinese schools, but they seem to prefer going to a Chinese-language-medium school anyway. But then again there might be some history there that I'm not familiar with. The outcome is that they can barely speak the national language or still have a "chinese-accent" despite having lived here all their lives. Though that might have more to do with the fact that people tend to hang out with their race more often than not.

Most Chinese students studying overseas are supported by their parents or families. Most Malays got scholarships paid for by the government or GLCs. If you asked most of those Malays to pay for their own fees, they'd be studying locally instead because they can't afford it. The scholarships are a bone of contention between the races because everyone wants a piece of that pie.

allbymyself87 Game profile

May 8th 2013, 13:21:14

I love Lim Guan Ying... :)

pele Game profile

May 8th 2013, 19:02:06

who get cheaper houses etc ?

VivaNick Game profile

May 8th 2013, 23:56:44

Originally posted by allbymyself87:

My Penang boss Lim Guan Eng.
I wish Penang can be Independent ! With Selangor as well !

Y-NoT Game profile

May 9th 2013, 7:36:57

Oppositions are the one who are able to run the state without being in the red.

iNouda Game profile

May 9th 2013, 10:45:37

Jibby is rolling out his RM 1 Trillion budget. Sure bankrupt in 5 years. GG Malaysia. Does anyone wanna adopt a Nouda? I'm good at cooking instant noodles :P

NukEvil Game profile

May 9th 2013, 12:41:30

http://www.theregister.co.uk/...ctions_ddos_web_blocking/

Enjoy your sham democracy, you pieces of shrubbery.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

tisya Game profile

May 10th 2013, 16:55:52

Originally posted by VivaNick:
Originally posted by allbymyself87:

My Penang boss Lim Guan Eng.
I wish Penang can be Independent ! With Selangor as well !

hehehe I always tell my mom one day penang will be independent :D Are you a Penangite too?
Tisya

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

May 10th 2013, 18:02:00

Originally posted by iNouda:
Jibby is rolling out his RM 1 Trillion budget. Sure bankrupt in 5 years. GG Malaysia. Does anyone wanna adopt a Nouda? I'm good at cooking instant noodles :P

huh. y'all already used up the $250 that i sent to the Red Cross to help recover from the tsunami? hmm, wonder what $250 is worth there? here, it worth about 4 new xbox video games or about a months worth of groceries.

Edited By: Dibs Ludicrous on May 10th 2013, 18:07:35
See Original Post
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

iNouda Game profile

May 10th 2013, 18:45:37

It's worth about 2 months worth of food + some munchies or 4 new xbox games.

May 10th 2013, 18:49:12

move to Texas.

iNouda Game profile

May 10th 2013, 19:00:15

Nouda the Asian Cowboy....hmmm

May 10th 2013, 19:24:25

hmmm, maybe you should try Hawaii first.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 10th 2013, 19:25:13

Move to california lots of asians there.

May 10th 2013, 19:30:38

Originally posted by Requiem:
Move to california lots of asians there.

i worked with a Malaysian, they're everywhere. California is fixing to fall off the map anyway... they done been broke for a couple years.