Verified:

dibert Game profile

Oct 1st 2013, 17:09:52

I don't get it, I sent 4,600,000 total attack points if u include bonuses against 3,800,000 defense points and lost...that includes weapons tech bonuses, all military and everything. Doesn't planned attack take all military points*weapons tech*planned attack bonus of 50%?

Marshal1

Oct 1st 2013, 19:22:55

defender was dict and you weren't? had weapons tech? allies?
galleri: fluff off marshal

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

sinistril: Oh snap, Marshal destroyed galleri. Thought I'd

dibert Game profile

Oct 1st 2013, 21:41:48

Ahhh allies...totally overlooked that.

Marshal1

Oct 1st 2013, 21:46:53

that's 1 of most done mistakes, if spy op shows ally cost and country isn't in gdi then it most likely has def allies.
galleri: fluff off marshal

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

sinistril: Oh snap, Marshal destroyed galleri. Thought I'd

qwertyqwerty Game profile

Jan 5th 2014, 10:44:04

so what then? send 2x his defence pts (me personally I calculate everything in terms of 'turrets') to be sure? risk it with less? spy on alliances?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 5th 2014, 12:05:33

Originally posted by qwertyqwerty:
so what then? send 2x his defence pts (me personally I calculate everything in terms of 'turrets') to be sure? risk it with less? spy on alliances?

That is a risk vs reward question. You either risk bouncing by estimating allied defenses, or spend the turns and spy. Totally up to you.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 5th 2014, 14:44:48

if you have jets and oil to spend (and money) then go ahead.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qwertyqwerty Game profile

Jan 7th 2014, 19:47:56

The cost of bouncing is huge. Your men are greatly demoralized, you have huge losses and don't get anything in return. You now have to spend a bunch of time building CS or running spy ops in order to recover instead of building on land.

What is your approach for grabbing blind, i.e. without a spy report?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 7th 2014, 20:37:25

I don't attack blindly since that increases bouncing risk.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jan 7th 2014, 20:54:33

As mentioned earlier, you should plan your risk vs rewards.

1. Don't spy, pure estimate based on countries near target's NW.
2. Spy target, then guess allied defenses. (Or send double to avoid failure)
3. Spy target, do an ally spy to determine who are the allies, and estimate their defenses based on the allies NW.
4. Spy target, do ally spy, and then spy those allies for exact break. For countries in GDI, you have to guesstimate based on NW, or past saved ops.

For techers, saving turns might be a risk worth taking, since spying means turns spent not teching for income. For non-techers it is less worth it because the benefit is either +1 CS or 20% cash income (not great for non-cashers), but you of course risk losing spies and lower your SPAL.

Daveth Game profile

Jan 8th 2014, 22:39:37

how bout training?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 9th 2014, 8:49:46

what training?

Forgotten

Jan 13th 2014, 3:37:42

Depends what you are running,

Bottom Feeder or Land Trader, both's finishes is directly affected by how many of the spy turns you can save not using.

Sometimes, blind sending isn't exactly the worst thing in the world, sure you sent an extra 200k jets and spent extra barrels of oil.

But those costs are balanced versus saving those precious turns on things such as building CS, or grabbing some other guy.
~LaF's Retired Janitor~