Verified:

farmer Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 1:17:30

http://www.gopusa.com/...may-destroy-teens-future/

If you did you could have been tossed in jail and treated like some hardened criminal.

mrford Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 1:22:13

i think there is something more to this story. what was this online evidence? 17 days in jail and a felony for a knife on school campus doesnt happen. something else went down me thinks. too lazy to look it up myself though.

and for the record i carried a knife just bout every day at school. dont reember if it was against the rules, but i never got in trouble.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Symac

Apr 17th 2014, 1:29:47

Well I am most curious on that it sounds like these items were in his car. A vehicle is not school property, and I would assume a 3inch folding knife is well within the legal limits of the state he is living in.

So the crime here is what exactly?

As to the question I always carried a knife, but.. fluff wasn't like it is now.

farmer Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 1:40:01

that is what i am wondering still looking for more on it

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2014, 1:43:17

I had a friend who brought a flickknife to school and got expelled for a week. But that was a long time ago in England. Regular knives were ok and we had a rifle range at the back of the playground.

farmer Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 1:44:26

MYFOXNY.COM -
Back in December, a high school student in Ohio named Jordan Wiser was arrested, jailed, and kicked out of school for having a folding pocket knife with a 3-inch blade inside his car while on campus, FoxNews.com reported.

Jordan, an EMT trainee, says the knife was part of his medical kit, but the school says it violated its zero-tolerance policy about weapons.

Now Jordan fears the incident will stop him from fulfilling his dream of enlisting in the Army.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/...nife-in-car#ixzz2z6UkdU3q

farmer Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 1:45:35

ok every source i check has the same basic story. This is just nuts if this is all there is to it

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 1:45:40

brought pocket knives in HS, we didn't show everyone and make threats either tho
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

farmer Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 1:46:41

all the teachers knew i had it even asked to borrow it a couple of times

farmer Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 2:02:38

These types of schools, tech schools, let the kids use this type of “weapon” in their shops. So the kid has it locked up in his car, he’s an EMT, required equipment is a knife, I don’t understand the issue here at all other than the school officials are not smart enough to be able to distinguish between a future pillar of society and a future criminal. Oh wait, they have no common sense or ability to think on their own, just follow the narrow, closed minded intellectual, one size fits all rules.

braden Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 2:03:40

no, because i was taught at a young age not to bring a knife to a gun fight.

i did go to 1 [one] high school in.. scarborough..

Symac

Apr 17th 2014, 2:33:04

Well I agree with ford here, there is more to this story or this is a huge overstep on the part of the authorities.

Zero-tolerance policies are flawed in a way that they completely miss the point of what they try to prevent.

archaic Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 2:44:34

I carried a pocket knife every day, but that was pre war on terror when we still had to sharpen pencils and fix stuck lockers and stuff. Not like today when people are brainwashed into thinking a tool is a weapon.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

braden Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 2:51:07

well, i'm eating soup and i'd take the spoon to your solar plexus. gimme the chance.

braden Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 2:51:25

i'll be banned from the game tomorrow (:P?)

farmer Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 3:05:04

Braden with a comment like that you might be in jail

symac i agree it seems harsh punishment for the crime. but i have looked and every source has almost the same story. so not sure what is being left out.

braden Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 3:06:38

he's twenty percent of my alliance, i think the judge will let me off :P

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 3:13:49

"School officials said they had probable cause to search the teenager's car based on a message he had posted on an online forum "

I think people on this message board, should be very well aware of some of the crazies that post on message boards. We had our own little shoot incident not that many years ago so I read.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 3:21:52

So I went to like 5 different versions of this story, and that kids story changes everytime he gives an interview. And they actually found several airsoft guns, a tactical vest that the knife was in, along with gun powder pellets and a taser. If I was a school principal, I would have searched his car too, he looks like the kind of kid that gets bullied a ton, so he decided he is going to become a badass army guy so he can shoot and kill people,

Kid sounds like a psycho, and people would be even more up in arms if he had shot up the school, and the principal could have searched the car but didn't.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

farmer Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 3:35:34

things have changed i guess when i was in school we had guys that had a shot gun hanging in the back window no one ever said a thing

Fooglmog Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 4:01:10

A lot of work places have really strict HR policies in place where some things are "zero telerance", not because they want to fire everyone who does it -- but so that if they need to get rid of something for an issue not directly laid out in their policies, they have a ready excuse.

I feel like that may be akin to what the school is doing here. They're concerned about the airsoft guns and other items, but those aren't specifically listed as "weapons" within their policy. So, to charge him with the crime for having those, includes the extra step of convincing a jury that they violate the spirit of the law and that ought to be enforced. However, since their policy specifically identifies all knives as weapons and they technically have a "zero tolerance policy", they can prosecute him on that (even if they might otherwise turn a blind eye) and accomplish the same end result without all the legal hurdles.

I don't know if this is really the case or not -- but sometimes written zero tolerance policies are valuable discretionary tools when you're concerned about something else.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 13:56:06

ACTUAL JAIL TIME.. ANKLE MONITOR.. THIS IS EITHER THE EPITOME OF OVERREACTION OR THERE IS A LOT MORE TO THIS STORY. WOULD BE INTERESTED TO SEE WHAT THE CONTENT OF THE ONLINE FORUM WAS THAT CAUSED THEM TO SEARCH HIS CAR.

I GUESS I BETTER START MINDING MY P'S AND Q'S HERE. LOL!

HA!
BILL

JIM_DANGER Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 15:36:35

I THINK THAT WITH ALL THE TALK OF EXPLOSIONS, PERHAPS IT IS TOO LATE FOR US BILL. WE PROBABLY TRIGGERED AN NSA SURVEILLANCE FLAG LONG AGO.

JIM_DANGER
MITIGATOR OF TERRORISTIC THREATS
THE MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]!

elvesrus

Apr 17th 2014, 15:42:57

speaking of zero tolerance and blades... http://wavy.com/...m-self-harming-classmate/

lesson learned: just let the emo kids be emo
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 16:15:42

i've taken to school few things which today would lead me getting jailed.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2014, 17:03:47

I'm a biochemist. We can make all sorts of things

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2014, 17:20:56

My junior and senior year of high school (6 and 5 years ago respectively), I carried the same 3" blade clipped on my belt every single day. I also carried weed and a pipe in my jacket pocket a lot of the time when it was cold.

I don't think anybody ever really noticed. I didn't even know I could have gotten in trouble for the knife until after I left.

Riddler Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 18:03:49

I used to deer hunt before school and show up with my rifle in the back window gun rack and hell most of my teachers woyld just ask if I got anything

ninong Game profile

Apr 17th 2014, 19:08:14

if you count swiss knives then yes everyday in high school and college
ninong, formerly Johnny Demonic
IX

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 17th 2014, 19:25:08

Yea, I had a pocket knife during highschool; I stopped carrying it mainly because I got tired of carrying so much stuff... probably around when I got a cell phone first lol....
Finally did the signature thing.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 17th 2014, 20:09:22

ahh the good old days. when you could have a knife on you and not be assumed to be on the verge of killing everyone.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 17th 2014, 20:52:43

Oh Canada