Verified:

BUTTMAN Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 20:06:30

How considerable a difference is it between grabbing the 2 examples below, assuming 0 DR for both?

1) $1,000,000 net worth, 5000 acres, 2500 acres un-built

2) $1,000,000 net worth, 5000 acres, all 5000 acres fully built

disregarding buildings destroyed/captured.. how would the acres taken (not ghost acres) differ?

BUTTMAN Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 20:12:52

i guess size of attacking country might matter, assume same size.

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 20:29:29

Amount of acres taken are identical for both cases. You just get more buildings already built with the second case over the first.

Note countries 1/2 destroyed country may actually still be in 72 hours ghost acre DR (to ABs, for eg), even if he has attacked and is not actually in standard DR.

Marshal Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 20:32:00

you get ~same amount of land (ghosties not included) in both cases but 1st case gives less ghosties due unbuilt land.

you would get ~500 acres before ghosties.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

BUTTMAN Game profile

Oct 23rd 2014, 20:36:08

OK thanks guys

Furious999 Game profile

Oct 26th 2014, 8:02:27

Buttman

The single most significant point as regards maximising acres between targets with equal land is your country's networth compared to the target's.

If you can make hits as close to parity as possible you do well.

This is a change. In the good old days hits on countries well above yours in the scores list yielded more acres - the origin of the now much abused term "topfeed" in fact.

It is said (by the programmers not the community) that you get more ghost acres if more military is engaged. I cannot say I have been able to see this factor in operation so it may be that the difference is not large enough to be noticeable. But if you want to allow for it, a very well defended target close to your own in the scores list is ideal. To take it even one step further you could say that a well defended Dict would be preferable to an equally well defended Republic because of that point.

Of course by this stage all the reasons why you might choose a landfat and poorly defended Republic with buildings useful to you over this hypothetical target are standing in the margin screaming to be heard - or laughing themselves silly.

Still, those are the principles.

Exploitable in Express.

The unbuilt land in the case you pose in your question, while irrelevant to acreage gained, might be thought to have some relevance when evaluating capacity to retal. Although I appreciate you are leaving all such things as these to one side.

nukerx Game profile

Oct 31st 2014, 8:02:35

What are ghost lands?

Marshal Game profile

Oct 31st 2014, 15:33:53

ghost land = ghost acres = extra land you gain when landgrabbing someone, for example you grab 500 acres and your total gains are 700 acres then your target lost that 500 acres and you got extra 200 acres.

Wanhoop Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 20:57:53

are they haunted?

Marshal Game profile

Nov 22nd 2014, 21:10:25

well its possible.