Verified:

OneMansArmy Game profile

Oct 20th 2012, 7:40:21

This is probably a dumb question, but I have never done a full MB build before. What does a reseller do with their turns? Other than use them to put stuff on the Public Market and build I guess, do they cash them or maybe explore?
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 20th 2012, 9:37:48

You don't use them.

When you have fully converted into full MBs, you sell your entire stockpile (convert it into cash). The remainder of the reset, you only spend turns (maybe once a day or less) to sell to the public market, nothing else.

Corruption and high expenses will prevent you from spending turns, because your expenses is higher than what your country can produce, which is 0 production of any kind if you're 99% MBs. So the best way to spend your turns is really not to spend them at all.

Thus there are 2 ways to play a full MB:

A) Calculate the exact time to convert into MBs such that your remaining stockpile can exactly buyout your private till the exact last turn of the reset. There is no reselling involved.

B) Convert earlier than (A), such that the once your stockpile is depleted, you can sell expensive units to public, to get enough cash to buy all the units from your cheap private exactly to the last turn of the reset. This is the reselling part.

(B) is preferable to (A) only if food price is still high, and you think food price will hold up until you finish your convert, and manage to sell it all off before food price crashes to 36.

If for some reason, you converted too late, then you will have to jump the portion of stockpile you cannot destock from private from public instead.

chem20 Game profile

Oct 22nd 2012, 1:03:33

f

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 5:05:44

What is a good BPT for converting to MBR at around 30k acres of land? Also, what kind of networth gain can a Democracy with 30k acres hope to get by reselling in the last days of the set?

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 11:03:42

There are too many variables to answer that question.

But for converting 30k land on top of building the initial 30k land, you'll want about 120-125 BPT to minimize turns used for all 60k land. If you build it up over time, you can get away with 110 BPT.

At 30k Demo, you can buy from PM at $192/NW generating about $2.7b of units per day (14m NW). If public prices are $255/NW, then you only need to sell 10.6m NW of units to generate the same $2.7b needed, for a net gain of 3.4m NW per day.

(Public prices won't be $255/NW until the last 3 days of the reset - the amount earned purely depends on public prices.)

This is purely from private to public resell, and doesn't include any additional profit you can get from public to public resell (or from $35 public food -> $36 private food).

Marshal Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 11:09:28

you won't get high nw w/o stocks so your end nw is depended on how big stock you have got, at 30k acres your priv has daily (if you login every 24 hrs) ~20m troops and ~10m jets and turrets and ~few m tanks IF you have bought it empty on prev. day and you can sell 25% of your units in hand, also depending your priv. price vs public price how much money you get on reselling.

less turns spent on building is better (as theo techer--->tmbr I get to 120 bpt).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 20:29:41

Thank you for the responses. I ask because my stock at this point in my calculations (which probably aren't that accurate) tell me ill only make about 7-8mil more networth if I don't convert to MBR, and destock on my private later in the set. I am at 100 BPT, so I am close, but next set will I be aiming for 125.

The reason I asked about the reselling is I am going to try to cover that 6-8mil difference by reselling in the last few days of the set.

I didn't know you could sell bushels for $36 still after converting to MBR because I thought MB's decreased your private sell price?

Marshal Game profile

Dec 21st 2012, 20:53:17

you can't sell bushels as demo mbr at 36 at priv unless its different on other servers.

100 bpt is good enuf (I get to 120 bpt due I'm a techer so more turns available on teching aka getting money).

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 2:33:27

That is correct, you cannot sell bushels at PM 36 if you're MBR. That was a mistake. :P

Marshal Game profile

Dec 22nd 2012, 10:52:39

so allknowing xinhuan made mistake. :P

Serpentor Game profile

Dec 27th 2012, 2:34:52

He just meant as a demo, not as a MBR.
The EEVIL Empire

Rockman Game profile

Dec 28th 2012, 1:45:24

If you're doing a Military Base destock, then you don't use turns once you switch to military bases and destock

If you're doing Military Bases as a full set strategy, then you should explore and build with your turns, and you should sell max military 2-3x a day to keep your networth down.

Darth Curious Game profile

Feb 3rd 2015, 15:15:05

Originally posted by Rockman:
If you're doing a Military Base destock, then you don't use turns once you switch to military bases and destock

If you're doing Military Bases as a full set strategy, then you should explore and build with your turns, and you should sell max military 2-3x a day to keep your networth down.

I'm gonna try the full-set MB. How do i make money to buy the units in the first place?

Marshal Game profile

Feb 7th 2015, 0:19:46

producing bushels or producing military (latter is risky cause prices change quite a much).

Rockman Game profile

Feb 8th 2015, 3:07:21

Originally posted by Darth Curious:
Originally posted by Rockman:

I'm gonna try the full-set MB. How do i make money to buy the units in the first place?

http://www.earthempires.com/...ert-mbr-7972?t=1304440283

That was my full-set MBR, done in primary a few years ago. It's a highly difficult strategy.

It wasn't a full-set MBR, but I did switch over to TMBR before the end of the first week (about as close as you can get to a full-set MBR without seriously limiting your ability). I did a tech start on 2k acres, and then I sold the tech off to get the money to buy the units in the first place. I don't remember exactly how I did it, but my guess is that I produced about 60k tech points before switching to MBR. By selling them during the first week of the set (and selling bus/res/agri which have very inelastic high demand early on, whereas military tech has almost no demand during the first week), you can probably sell them for 4k or 5k per point and get over 200 million cash (over the course of like 4 or 6 tech sales) to jumpstart your TMBR.

Godless1 Game profile

Mar 8th 2015, 17:34:38

whatever...

mephirak Game profile

Jan 3rd 2016, 15:49:47

Do you attack for land when doing a strat like this or just explore since you have nothing else to spend turns on?

Marshal Game profile

Jan 3rd 2016, 16:31:20

unless is doing full set mbr then no attacking/exploring once is built to mbr.