Verified:

Huma Abedin

Jul 9th 2016, 1:34:22

Huma Abedin

Jul 9th 2016, 1:38:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

i think this might just win music. i mean, like on a whole, i think it wins music.

Monex Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 1:43:56

[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]

Huma Abedin

Jul 9th 2016, 1:44:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEFyP-Q7CVE

and if it doesn't, then this does.

cyref Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 2:12:40

this is in the running for best one-off jams
https://youtu.be/paeNnR33i5Q

heya Monex!
https://www.sciencedaily.com/.../2016/06/160629095609.htm
👽

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 2:33:23

I don't know about the science behind this, but I can give you anecdotal evidence that supports the idea that marijuana helps with recovery from alcohol addiction.

I was a lifelong drinker until by the age of 45 or 50 I was chronic alcoholic. At the very end I was completely unable to stop drinking and went on a binge that made me so crazy and sick that I knew I was going to die or be locked up. I quit, and I followed a program of recovery developed at Addiction Services and at AA. Amazingly I haven't had any desire for a drink in almost 4 years.

About a year into my sobriety I took up smoking marijuana. I find that it gives me a high and makes me feel good but that I have no craving for more and more of it like I did with alcohol. I smoke about a gram a day and have stayed at that level for 3 years. Once I've had my buzz for the day I don't need or want any more. But I really enjoy my few hours of being high, listening to music and thinking about stuff, and playing EE of course.

I think that the marijuana has been very beneficial and has helped me to avoid any thought of trying alcohol again, which for me would be certain death.

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 2:44:47

So you replaced one addiction with another.

Pretty common tool. Although it is preferable to replace an alcoholic addiction with something a bit more proactive than bud. But to each their own.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 2:48:34

fluff off ford

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 3:07:55

Cry about it to someone who cares.

You only mad because it is true. It wasn't an insult.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

amy winehouse

Jul 9th 2016, 3:08:31

Originally posted by mrford:

Pretty common tool. Although it is preferable to replace an alcoholic addiction with something a bit more proactive than bud. But to each their own.

We often argue but this is not meant to do so.
When i did look at inpatient rehab they would let me, nay, encourage me to continue smoking cigarettes but chocolate was out of the question. And mdma. So i had to say no no no. But this isnt funny and that was a poor joke. I have trouble with aa because they say no joint to put me to sleep, and twenty years from now if im good with drink then i *still* dont get one as like a job well done, ya urned it son.. if i could moderate myndrink like i do my red meat intake id be golden..

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 3:10:19

I know what some of that ment.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

amy winehouse

Jul 9th 2016, 3:14:26

you have ripped apart far less coherently worded posts by me. you aren't fooling anybody when you say that. you just didn't know how to use polite words after i asked that we not argue ;p

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 3:19:41

OK, I will respond, even though you are talking out of your ass about something you know nothing about on a thread where you are being insulting and obnoxious as usual instead of constructive.

Addiction is an uncontrollable craving that can't be moderated. You may be able to moderate it sometimes, but then suddenly you keep going until the bottle is empty, or the money is all gone. My weed smoking may be a dependency but it can be completely moderated. There is never a craving like there is with alcohol addiction, gambling addiction, crack addiction or heroin addiction. I have replaced all of those addictions with each other, as you say is common, and in which respect you are correct. What I am saying here is that marijuana use does not lead to addiction to marijuana where uncontrollable cravings destroy you.

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 3:25:20

Something I know nothing about? Lol okay. I stopped reading there.

I drank and did more drugs in uni than I care to remember. I was spending $150 a day on blow during the weekend and drinking a fifth of booze on weeknights. I had my blow dealer on speed dial and bought numerous times after 3am. Don't lecture me about addiction.

But I dug my way out of it. You just substituted. That is my only point. Stop acting so butthurt. Self control is the only answer. You seem to have found it with weed, but it is still a substitute.

Edited By: mrford on Jul 9th 2016, 3:29:16
Swagger of a Chupacabra

amy winehouse

Jul 9th 2016, 3:30:20

"Addiction is an uncontrollable craving that can't be moderated"
yes, but we can forget about it with abuse of stronger substan.. oh, wait..

"ou may be able to moderate it sometimes, but then suddenly you keep going until the bottle is empty, or the money is all gone."
always go hard on one, splitting the money is like the reverse monty hall. one third of three is no where close to as good as all of the one.

"My weed smoking may be a dependency but it can be completely moderated. There is never a craving like there is with alcohol addiction, gambling addiction, crack addiction or heroin addiction."
You've told me before, and anybody who has any clue can only agree.. what are you going to do, smoke so much pot that you take a nap on the couch during dr oz on a lazy thursday afternoon?

.. but why is it a lazy thursday afternoon, drug addict?
.. because not everybody works in a cubicle nine to five, and some of us have lazy thursday afternoons. but i digressed.

"I have replaced all of those addictions with each other, as you say is common, and in which respect you are correct"
this one confuses me a touch, you ran the h train, bud?? smoke, or.. ?

"What I am saying here is that marijuana use does not lead to addiction to marijuana where uncontrollable cravings destroy you"
i started when i was fifteen and i am thirty now. the worst is when i can not get any and obviously thus can not smoke, so my mind isn't quite.. "out there", and when i try to fall asleep i can not "unfocus" and just let my mind wander and drift away. otherwise i sit there running a narrative through my head that pretty much only ever says why didn't i buy that second bottle of rye?

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 3:38:22

I drank and did more drugs in uni than I care to remember. I was spending $150 a day on blow during the weekend and drinking a fifth of booze on weeknights. I had my blow dealer on speed dial and bought numerous times after 3am. Don't lecture me about addiction.

But I dug my way out of it. You just substituted. That is my only point. Stop acting so butthurt. Self control is the only answer. You seem to have found it with weed, but it is still a substitute.

You're a lightweight, bud.

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 3:40:24

Originally posted by amy winehouse:

We often argue but this is not meant to do so.
When i did look at inpatient rehab they would let me, nay, encourage me to continue smoking cigarettes but chocolate was out of the question. And mdma. So i had to say no no no. But this isnt funny and that was a poor joke. I have trouble with aa because they say no joint to put me to sleep, and twenty years from now if im good with drink then i *still* dont get one as like a job well done, ya urned it son.. if i could moderate myndrink like i do my red meat intake id be golden..

With additional context and a couple more reads I understand the point.

Rehab places are to get clean. From everything. Additionally there are other addicts for numerous substances there, so they can't let certian people partake in something they arnt addicted to when someone down the hall is addicted to your crutch.

If AA or rehab won't work for you, find something that will. Or someone who will. But you have to be willing to do things you don't want to do in order to reach the goals.you want to get to.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 3:41:07

Originally posted by Getafix:

You're a lightweight, bud.

OR I am stronger willed than you. You really want to make this a competition? Seriously?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 3:48:11

You are such an ignorant twerp, ford. Don't you realize that addiction has nothing to do with will? That's the whole point. Why are you on this thread anyway?

amy winehouse

Jul 9th 2016, 3:49:56

most people have an off switch, some of us don't.

my body won't tell me i've had enough to drink. i can drink and drink. and drink. but as you can all attest, my not dying doesn't equal me holding my liqour well. i make a fluffing fool of myself. often nightly. gets found a way to moderate it, and all the power to him- we should all be so lucky. there is no reason, either of you, for a fight. when i'm the voice of reason you know you're in trouble..

its not stronger willed, per se, it's just a matter of knowing when you've had your fill; just because you have a hollow leg, braden, that doesn't mean you need to try to fill it.

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 3:51:16

You are such an ignorant twerp, ford. Don't you realize that addiction has nothing to do with will? That's the whole point. Why are you on this thread anyway?
Cry about it to someone who cares.

You only mad because it is true. It wasn't an insult.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 3:53:25

oh, and "curing" yourself of an addiction has everything to do with will. i say "cure" because we both know it is just the will to ignore it for another day.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 9th 2016, 4:05:32

Alright boys. I feel like I am at a old man's AA meeting where some people shouldn't be telling others how to work their programs. ;)

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

amy winehouse

Jul 9th 2016, 4:08:37

that is not the case for everybody ford. you pride yourself as an intelligent person, you should understand perfectly well that what might come easy as focusing on something else for one person might be an entirely different situation for somebody else.

has there never been something, ever in your life, that came easier to somebody else than it did you? your times tables in second grade, somebody ran the hundred yards quicker in tenth grade? somebody got an A on the college final and you got a B+.. why didn't you just will yourself harder kind of argument?

amy winehouse

Jul 9th 2016, 4:09:32

heh, more "outside issues" galleri.

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 4:23:32

Hi galleri!

Thing is, mrford doesn't have a program, he did a bit of partying as a kid and quit. Maybe if I had decided to quit when I was young I could have used my willpower to quit.

I would say that my being "cured" of addiction was not a matter of will. At some point dependency progresses to addiction. I reached a point so low that I was completely convinced that I would die. It was at this point where for some reason I dredged up a tremendous desire to live and a willingness to do anything to live. At that point, my desire to drink simply left and it hasn't returned.

My recovery program was about being more balanced, being more calm, living more healthily, getting exercise, getting out of my isolation. The purpose of all those things was to make me less likely to have emotional lows where I might pick up a drink, because once I start I don't stop. But it wasn't the recovery program or my will that took away my desire to drink. It was a complete change that hit me when I was at the bottom so that I didn't want a drink any more. I can't claim that my willpower saved me.

I did quit heroin with willpower. I quit crack with willpower. But my alcohol consumption went through the roof. Now it is gone. The marijuana is not a replacement. Its a part of my efforts to live a calmer and more balanced life.

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 4:24:15

Pretty sure Getafix already stated that he had the ability to focus on something else. Weed.

I responded that a more constructive substitute is preferred but to each their own.

Obviously people are better than others at various things, but everyone can change if they are open to it. Truly open to it.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 4:26:28

"It was at this point where for some reason I dredged up a tremendous desire to live and a willingness to do anything to live. "

How is this not the definition of will power? I feel like you are making some kind of semantical argument here. Maybe not.

And I stopped because my wife got pregnant. Still took will power.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Scott Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 4:53:02

"It was at this point where for some reason I dredged up a tremendous desire to live and a willingness to do anything to live. "

How is this not the definition of will power? I feel like you are making some kind of semantical argument here. Maybe not.

And I stopped because my wife got pregnant. Still took will power.

God damnit Ford, why didn't you start using heroin and crack? fluffing little kid!

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 5:02:14

willpower
noun [ U ] uk /ˈwɪl.paʊər/ us /ˈwɪl.paʊ.ɚ/
the ability to control your own thoughts and the way in which you behave

In my addiction to alcohol I lost this willpower. I am saying that no effort on my part was required for me to quit drinking. A change came over me in which my desire to drink left completely.

I did put a huge effort into a recovery program but the effort was not directed towards ignoring or overcoming a desire to drink. That was already gone. The recovery program was a plan of action to make me more calm and balanced, as I said before. It wasn't about finding the will to quit.

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 5:09:12

You are sitting there arguing semantics and I am the asshole. Lol okay.

You decided to make a change. Whatever you want to call it.

You are sitting there trying to initiate a fluff measuring contest where one doesn't exist. Weird. Stop acting so butthurt.

Edited By: mrford on Jul 9th 2016, 5:12:19
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 5:12:24

❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 5:22:29

Thanks Heston, that was good :)

I don't know why you are arguing at all mrford. I usually don't. This isn't about semantics. I am describing my experience of quitting drinking, and it did not involve willpower. And my weed smoking is not an addiction, and I know what I'm talking about.

Scott Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 5:35:28

So why not just quit the weed smoking if it isn't an addiction?

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 5:37:24

We seem to have vastly different definitions of some words.

Whatever. You win. You are the superior addict.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 5:40:04

Thank you.

Wow, now we have Scott. Sigh.

If its not an addiction, why do I need to bother quitting?

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 16:49:27

Hey Fix,

Proud of you man,

I remember a few years back, and yes you had a problem.

The fact that you found a way, to dial back from an uncontrollable addicton, to a controllable dependency is a huge step in functionality, self awareness, growth, and I am proud of you.

Ford is being an ass, Ignore the troll, we all know troll asses are hairy, stink, and usually hide screen names to spew toxicity at other random people to cover for their own personal issues.
He simply replaced addiction with an addiction to trolling, He can't help it, it consumes him, and he can't stop himself. Just pity him and move on:)

What you've done, is a big step, would being completely clean be ideal? Yes.
But sometimes ideal isn't an option. Keep it up man, and please know that an old earth buddy hears you, and is proud and would even suggest a name change to....

GetaHit

:)
Z is #1

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 18:32:54

Um, thanks, I think..

Anyways, no, being completely "clean" would not be ideal. Nothing is completely ideal. If we gave up every dependency life would be incredibly boring. When I first quit, I gave up drinking, cigarettes, EE and women. I soon returned to cigarettes, I love them. I returned to EE though I sometimes wonder why. I would return to women, except I am really unsure whether the cost of the loss of autonomy in a relationship with a woman is worth getting sex; I think hookers would be a better value. And I enjoy my weed and have it under control. I also like gambling still and i like to throw away $20 a month, and if I win with it I still end up spending that $20, but its under control.

But anyway, its good to hear from you Servant and I do appreciate your good wishes.. you certainly would remember my drunken rages from 6 years ago. I hardly ever do that any more, haha.

And Getahit is not in the Asterix comic strip.

Monex Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 18:36:01

That went in an entirely different direction then I intended. I was just trying to give the 2 people originally involved in this post somthing to read that they would have a common interest in.

Anyway, http://www.scientificfactsofpot.com "scientifically" proves ford wrong.

You know that they say... if It's on the Internet...

[url=https://www.torn.com/1994581]Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG[/url]

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 9th 2016, 19:19:32

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 22:37:49

Originally posted by Servant:
Hey Fix,

Proud of you man,

I remember a few years back, and yes you had a problem.

The fact that you found a way, to dial back from an uncontrollable addicton, to a controllable dependency is a huge step in functionality, self awareness, growth, and I am proud of you.

Ford is being an ass, Ignore the troll, we all know troll asses are hairy, stink, and usually hide screen names to spew toxicity at other random people to cover for their own personal issues.
He simply replaced addiction with an addiction to trolling, He can't help it, it consumes him, and he can't stop himself. Just pity him and move on:)

What you've done, is a big step, would being completely clean be ideal? Yes.
But sometimes ideal isn't an option. Keep it up man, and please know that an old earth buddy hears you, and is proud and would even suggest a name change to....

GetaHit

:)

It is easy to dismiss someone as a troll instead of arguing the points. It is a simple minded tactic. Whatever works for you. Nothing I have said in this thread was ment to troll. Get over it and whatever the source of your butthurt is.

Edited By: mrford on Jul 9th 2016, 22:43:34
Swagger of a Chupacabra

mrford Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 22:42:27

Originally posted by Monex:
That went in an entirely different direction then I intended. I was just trying to give the 2 people originally involved in this post somthing to read that they would have a common interest in.

Scientifically proves me wrong in what way?
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Heston Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 22:51:53

The site said scientific facts ffs.

Scott Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 23:00:54

Thank you.

If it isn't an addiction, why not quit for a month. Please record your non-addicted withdrawal...

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 9th 2016, 23:42:05

Originally posted by Scott:
Thank you.

If it isn't an addiction, why not quit for a month. Please record your non-addicted withdrawal...

This is actually a very good idea. When I run out of dope I'll do that.

Monex Game profile

Jul 9th 2016, 23:58:20

Just google "marijuana is not a drug" and you will unterstand.

mrford Game profile

Jul 10th 2016, 1:27:47

Lol, okay. Sure.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Jul 10th 2016, 3:33:32

HELLO.....
I AM NOT GOING TO POST THIS AGAIN......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY
NOW STFU

Scott Game profile

Jul 10th 2016, 3:35:09

Just google "marijuana is not a drug" and you will unterstand.

I googled "Monex is a fluffing retard" and google told me it is true...

Comments?

Heston Game profile

Jul 10th 2016, 3:56:57

My bong says marijuana is a drug. So does my vape. My recommendation says its a drug. So does my doctor. My doctor prescribed mairijuana to me. (She has nice boobs) I medicate with marijuana. Cause thats pc.