Verified:

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 20:59:04

I've never been one for writing fancy, or clever war decs. I am also concise and to the point, so here it is:

LaF had every intention of netgaining this reset, and in the spirit of that we made multiple attempts to pact SOL (the most recent attempt being a few days ago) but to no avail.

But still, we hoped that we could netgain, figuring that SOL would have no reason to come after us again after last reset. However, as the reset carried on, more and more evidence began to mount that they WOULD in fact hit us.

I will not try to claim that we knew 100% that SOL was going to hit us. But they were attempting to isolate us from our allies, and pacted pretty much the entire server outside us and 1 other viable target.

That other viable target appeared to become less and less viable as the reset went on, and signs that we were in fact the target continued to collect.

They were spreading a lot of pretty hateful... lets call them untruths... about LaF to other alliances around the server throughout the course of this reset. Untruths such as: we had made no attempts to pact them, that we were acting arrogant towards them, and that we spat in their face last reset when offered a ceasefire.

Unfortunately this placed LaF in a position where we felt that the chances of getting struck were significant, and that we needed to heavily war prep. We couldn't' allow ourselves to be caught with our pants down like we did last reset, not twice in a row....

Once you go into that degree of war prepping, there is no going back. Netting was ruined, and even if it wasn't, sitting around waiting for the other shoe to drop with SOL wasn't something we were willing to do.

So we decided to make this fight happen on our terms.

Good Luck to SOL.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 21:03:57

Good luck to SoL. This time we're not half asleep.... but neither are you :p
You will try to play this up as LaF being the aggressor, but SoL has known and planned for this for a bit -- since other alliances that I know feed info to SoL were bringing it to my attention. Please do not claim otherwise :p

This was an unfortunate chain of events this set -- I wanted to get rank #9.

Edited By: Pang on Oct 24th 2010, 21:15:29
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:24:43

Nothing unfortunate it shows the massive paranoia LaF has lol. (It's a gutsy move though)

But I find it funny that LaF has contradicted itself in this and seeks to repeat warring whilest they preach so against repetetive wars. I publically stated I would not FS LaF unless heavily provoked.

I also told those same allies we would not FS LaF unless provoked. As for us offering a CF/pact out last set we offered that it didn't happen that's no problem.

Guess now we are going to have to prove that an FS is NOT to powerfull and an alliance can actually come back from one :-) and we will.

PraetorNLS Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:29:18

As always, LaF is paranoid, and makes assumption based on bad/wrong intel.

Included below is a screenshot of a conversation we had this morning, aprox 9 hours before LaF FSed us, (we meaning 2 Heads and 2 commanders).

http://home.no/andersv/SOLHQ24oct.jpg

So i feel like im having a broken record here, we had no intention of FSing/hitting/provoking LaF whatsoever,

YOU are the agreesor, trying to bring back an old feud i personally thought we had burried long ago, that your leaders LaF is unable to se the woods for all the trees, is unfortunate, but a reality

So make your minds, are you hitting us over last set ?
or did you hit us because you assume things and dont come and talk to us ?
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

ponderer Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:29:54

not sure if it's really a FS if the other side starts hitting at about the same time and turns out almost as many hits.
m0m0rific

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 21:32:39

neither of you answered any of the points in h4's post and just try to SPINNNNN things as I expected :p

SPIN SOL'ERS SPIN!
DANCE DANCE DANCE :p

As for paranoia -> we saw how it goes when we aren't paranoid last set ;)
and this set you didn't even give us the lipservice of saying we're friends.... :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 21:33:04

I talked to SOL plenty, but actions speak louder than words.

SOL has a history of lieing to us.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 21:34:53

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
I talked to SOL plenty, but actions speak louder than words.

SOL has a history of lieing to us.

not just us -- also our allies and the earth community in general.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:34:58

Thought things from the last game was supposed to be dead and buried.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 21:36:02

SOL was lieing to us as recently as last reset (which is why last resets war happened, because we were pissed about it, and as a result took SOL off DNH)

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:37:56

rash stuff like taking off dnh tend to start wars.. LaF is starting to sound like a War alliance/Clan

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 21:40:55

Not setting someone to DNH starts a war now? That is news to me.

It wasnt a rash move either

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 21:41:30

Junky -> taking someone off DNH != war
DNH is for friends and pacted folks, when it was obvious that SoL didn't consider LaF to be in either category, we simply moved them to the same category that they felt we were in

3 hits is also usually not worth going to war over (but SoL claimed it was last set)

you're not a good spinner, you should leave it to your buddies
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:42:05

Ponderer.

The fact that we have an automated SMS bot that sends all SOLers a text msg when we get hit with a simple button click doesn't mean we were ready for this :)

We just have a lots of loyal members who will respond as soon as possible to an order to assemble their countries SOLdiers.

LaF has FSed us we didn't expect them and had other plans.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 21:43:21

Makinso:

ops on your countries show that you, as an alliance, were ready to FS as early as today, should you have felt you wanted to. LaF was unwilling to take the chance that we would see a repeat of SoL's aggression last set, as Marshall's post indicates. We tried to sign a pact numerous times, but SoL was unwilling to and instead began grabbing LaF on a regular basis all set long. More than LaF did last set, which provoked your FS on us, so you claim.

Your alliance was fully pretty much war-prepped today :p
This is not an apples to apples comparison of last set

Edited By: Pang on Oct 24th 2010, 21:45:41
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 21:44:13

well, I'm sure the fact that they have a spy in our ranks contributed to their knowledge of this as well.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:44:21

hmhmmm rubbish Pang.

We are far from full turns saved. We were actually going to strike out tuesday evening and LaF was definitly not the target.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:45:45

And H4 That's like the oldest dumb comment in the book :-P of flaming 101?

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 21:47:08

Originally posted by Makinso:
hmhmmm rubbish Pang.

We are far from full turns saved. We were actually going to strike out tuesday evening and LaF was definitly not the target.

if you are upset you had other plans and we spoiled them, maybe signing a pact with us (which we would have been willing to sign) would have been advantageous?

You can't have it both ways where you hold ppl open and act surprised when they hit you after you continually provoke them and spread untruths around the server to attempt to get their allies to leave them hanging. :)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

PraetorNLS Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:47:16

Ok, i will play your game Pang

LaF had every intention of netgaining this reset, and in the spirit of that we made multiple attempts to pact SOL (the most recent attempt being a few days ago) but to no avail.

We know you wanted to netgain, and had no intention of FSing you, se my post above.
That we choose not to pact LaF at the current time, is because, well, we havet pacted in years (with some exceptions), we like having options open and beeing able to intervene where we se fit and in our best interest, pacts often get in the way of this, we know who our friends are, and they know they can count on us, even without pacts.

But still, we hoped that we could netgain, figuring that SOL would have no reason to come after us again after last reset. However, as the reset carried on, more and more evidence began to mount that they WOULD in fact hit us.

What evidence ? that we were getting oil and war techs ? lol please

I will not try to claim that we knew 100% that SOL was going to hit us. But they were attempting to isolate us from our allies, and pacted pretty much the entire server outside us and 1 other viable target.

Good, because your were wrong, as i said before, we pacted a grand total of 5 alliances this reset, including Elysium.

That other viable target appeared to become less and less viable as the reset went on, and signs that we were in fact the target continued to collect.

Your intel must be the worst ever, se my post above.

They were spreading a lot of pretty hateful... lets call them untruths... about LaF to other alliances around the server throughout the course of this reset. Untruths such as: we had made no attempts to pact them, that we were acting arrogant towards them, and that we spat in their face last reset when offered a ceasefire.

lol what ? Im too old for these accusations H4

Unfortunately this placed LaF in a position where we felt that the chances of getting struck were significant, and that we needed to heavily war prep. We couldn't' allow ourselves to be caught with our pants down like we did last reset, not twice in a row....

se above post, sad for your members that LaF leaderships vision is blured and ran them into a conflict for nothing.

Once you go into that degree of war prepping, there is no going back. Netting was ruined, and even if it wasn't, sitting around waiting for the other shoe to drop with SOL wasn't something we were willing to do.

So we decided to make this fight happen on our terms.

Good Luck to SOL.

Then just say that, you war prepped, you didt have a target, SOL was there and open, so you hit, fair game, we can live with that, just stop the BS.

Good luck LaF
Praetor - disqualified from the human race for being three laps ahead in the second round.

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:47:23

I was hoping you guys were though, if it is any consulation :-D

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:49:05

LoL Pang where did I say I was upset.

I'm saying it's rubbish to say we were fully ready with turns etc.

locket Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:49:28

Either way it was us or NA getting hit. And if you had wanted to pact us you would have done so earlier than 5 weeks. Also, the amount of times you landgrabbed us had been increasing from what I can see. All signs point towards this.

NukEvil Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:55:37

I doubt the reasons this war started really matter now.

At least, not in comparison to the fact that SOL has more kills than LaF, despite LaF's FS having started less than 3 hours ago. Nice turn-around time there, SOL ;)
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

locket Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:57:21

Kinda disapointing seeing people with 0 sdi :P but i guess thats what happens when netters have a short time to prepare and they arent bright :P

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:58:46

Just got on.. saw the news.. and jumped right in.. this is about as even a war, as anyone is gonna get.

PraetorNLS Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:59:02

Originally posted by locket:
Either way it was us or NA getting hit. And if you had wanted to pact us you would have done so earlier than 5 weeks. Also, the amount of times you landgrabbed us had been increasing from what I can see. All signs point towards this.

SOL/LaF land exchange has been minimal, 2 incidents on the 17th and 1 on the 19th

How that is an increase ?

swampy Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 21:59:12

I would like to thank you for my EARLY wake up call and thought LaF would of got more kills.

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 21:59:21

so you are going to blatently lie here now as well Prae?

You have pacts with everyone minus about 4 tags (LaF, Omega, NA, PDM), one of those you tried to sign but pulled your offer off the table when they told you that they would only sign if you signed LaF. Oh also... you didn't sign elysium (or if you did, it was very recently)... Why do you feel the need to lie?

I have logs showing your FR's saying those "untruths" I spoke of in my post. So I'm sorry but there is no way you are squirming out of that one.

SOL has been giving us the same line for over a year "oh we don't sign pacts anymore, but we still consider you guys to be a DP". YOU PRAETOR gave me that line last reset when I came to you for a pact.

I let it go and left SOL on DNH on the principle that we were "unofficial DPs" just like I had every reset for the past year. It wasn't until I found out that were were signing pacts left right and center (LCN, Omega, SoF, Collab) and simply lieing to us that we got angry and removed the DNH status.

Lastly, you do have a spy in LaF. He/she was there last reset, and they are still there this reset. It is so obviously the case that I've had other alliance leaders coming to me this reset, alliance YOU classify as your friends telling me "Hey, you guys know you have a SOL spy in LaF right?"

So I don't buy that you weren't aware of this coming either, you were well aware of it and if you wanted to sign a pact with LaF 9 hours ago, then you would have signed one with me 6 hour ago when I was talking with Mak on MSN about these issues.

So... care to be honest now?

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:03:14

This got way too long way too fast!!

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:04:42

question... if SOL had a spy in LaF, and you knew about it.... why would you still keep them in your clan?

just a question.

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 22:06:45

because we have not flushed out who it is yet?

anubis0079 Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:09:07

I am so excited, regardless of politics. It is a chance to put on a great war. Best of luck LaF you are gonna need it. We will see you in the fight.

Thanks for giving us a reason to WAR!!!!

Go SoL!!!!!

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"
Have a heart.....they are really fresh.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:10:20

Yes Praetor lied!!

We have 6 pacts including ely lol. He didn't see the 2 I signed most likely. 2 of those pacts are NAP or have voidable terms in them for our DPs. Those are the two I signed :)

So yes 4 solid pacts 2 pacts forged upon still warrable if you harm our friends terms.

SuperFly Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:11:46

Go LaF!

PraetorNLS Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:12:39

lol, i dont have any FRs , SOLs FR dept is me, and a retal mod im training up atm.

Yes i did, and i was honest, i did consider LaF a friend until you tried to take advantage of me and SOL.

The only time i pacted Omega was apart of a CF agreement (it was a 2 set pact with Omega/LCN and SOL) and apart from that pact, it was the only one we had that set.

I dont have to pact SoF, Ivan/cypress/Murf has my full confidence regardless of what is written, same with other alliances and they know who they are without me calling it out in public.

You are welcome to belive that, keeps you on your toes, if we do, i dont know about it, and seeing im the oldest head in the alliance, i guess i should, i honestly dont have a active member to spare to run a country in LaF and spy on you.

We didt contact you because SOL is a triumvirate, all 3 heads needs to agree, and our head of war didt come online until i SMSes him about us beeing FSed, lastly, it didt strike me as urgent to contact you because i didt have a clue, so there you se how good my intel is :P

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:12:52

small amount of members... and still can't find a "spy"... bigger alliances have found spies faster then a reset... maybe you don't have a spy.. but instead have a case of being paranoid.

not sure why you'd think a clan that FS'd ya, and won... would want to war you guys again the next set... but whatevs, look forward to killing more.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:13:59

H4 get the spy idea out of your head. There is no spy. If you have allies claiming so I would like to have a nice word them :). Whomever planted t hat idea in the LaF heads sure is cracking himself up laughing now LOL.

It just added to your paranoia.

They can contact me on my messengers.

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 22:16:24

We actually believed strongly there was a spy long before anyone else came to us about it. Others coming to us about it just added fuel to the fire.

PraetorNLS Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:17:39

i now have my restart name, if you can manage to kill me this war ;P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 22:20:44

mhmm

I don't believe for a second that SoL doesn't have spies in LaF.
Too many partially-active members deleted their countries for "RL issues" after SoL FS'ed us last set :p
Or went MIA right after the war started, and never logged into their country again :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:31:56

LoL Pang.

So last set they were veterans who only wanted to net that left. And now they are all our spies?

Spin Dagg.... uhmm Pang spin pang! :-P

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 22:48:48

?

wha?

there were various reasons people left... some make me think they are spies, others don't...
what are you complaining about now? that there are multiple reasons why people come and go from alliances? :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 22:50:24

ok... lets put a stop to this right here.

So far interactions have been pretty civil... lets keep it that way.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 24th 2010, 22:50:34

if sol didnt want to war im assuming it would have been easy to pact laf, as to whether sol was 100% ready or 100% knew laf was hitting when we did i believe so but could be wrong

but it should be pretty obvious sol is happy with this turn of events either getting a 'free' war or forcing laf into a war makes no real difference to them i expect

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:56:27

Originally posted by locket:

I have to say, it's not too often I agree completely with locket. Thanks LaF for keeping us peaceful!

Also, let's not pretend SoL spies are something we've never seen before. Hell, Samacha was in NA as Uncle Sam when I joined!
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

swampy Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 23:09:11

lol spies in LaF from SOL?? lol we have better things to do.

Dark TwizTid

Patron

Oct 24th 2010, 23:11:20

^^ swampy loves me

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 24th 2010, 23:13:13

You all are taking this game way to serious :p

On a slightly more positive note this means it will be easier to make top 10 :)

P.S. It was a joke, but seriously it will be easier!

P.P.S.S That was a joke too...

but seriously...

Edited By: Makinso on Oct 24th 2010, 23:20:17. Reason: Took out huge space
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 23:17:46

I was 97% sure SoL was going to hit NA

thanks LaF
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford