Verified:

Thomas Game profile

Oct 28th 2010, 6:44:28

Instead of typing how many buildings I want to build, it would be kick ass if there was a BPT button next to each type of building, with a drop down menu of how many BPTs of that building I wanted to build.

For instance, my BPT is 80. I want to build 400 Farms. Next to Farms I click the drop down arrow, select 5, and click Build. Bam, 400 Farms built. Didn't have to type fluff.

Same goes for Teching with TPT.

Of course manually typing the buildings/tech should still be an option if people want to split up their buildings & tech. But this would be much easier and less of a hassle.

The same could go for building CS as well, with them being built in increments of 4.

Fooglmog Game profile

Oct 28th 2010, 6:51:43

Would you explain how this is less of a hassle? I just don't see it... but I've been known to miss really obvious things before...

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

mrford Game profile

Oct 28th 2010, 14:12:55

Lazy!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

dantzig Game profile

Oct 28th 2010, 17:19:24

This would be much better for mobile play!!! Not so much if playing with a keyboard+mouse.
FoG

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 28th 2010, 18:56:59

Another option which might be easier than a drop down box, would be to have the bpt link next to each building type text box, and when you click on it, it writes in the bpt for you. click it twice, and you get double the bpt, etc etc.

So if you want 400 farms, you just click it 5 times real fast and hit enter. I've seen the concept in other games and it works quite well.

Thomas Game profile

Oct 28th 2010, 22:40:10

Yes laziness might be the reason for this. I just hate doing this during converting. Takes too damn long :P

NOW3P Game profile

Oct 29th 2010, 1:08:55

buy yourself a 10 key plug-in to put next to your mouse - problem solved.

Fooglmog Game profile

Oct 29th 2010, 5:16:28

Okay, the phone thing is a reasonable point, but I think that using the keyboard and tabbing between fields would almost always be quicker... I guess this would help those who are poor with arithmetic, but I see no other advantage.

A drop down menu would be especially slow when you're dealing with a large number of turns. You can have 132 turns on hand at any given time... to have a drop down menu with that many options just seems silly... and would certainly be much much slower to use when you get to any number that requires scrolling.

Also, those of us who simply tab between fields will hate this because it will slow us down. Having to tab twice as much to get from field to field will actually increase play time by a noticeable amount.

-Fooglmog
Guy with no clue.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 29th 2010, 18:33:12

u could use the ee user js addon. think its hosted on evo's site. it has dhtml buttons to click to add 1 turn of buildings to text box
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org