Verified:

Havoc Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 16:55:44

.. is gonna be like 700m or some fluff isn't it. Easily the highest all time. We need to collectively chill lol. It's a bit crazy how much bots have changed this game, even when there was tons of noob untaggeds there was nothing like this was there, outside of FFA?

As much as the change is nice, I'm lowkey starting to get over it and the time input necessary:/ Kind of miss when all-x had an outside chance at t10 and had been done.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 5th 2018, 17:11:18

I already asked to have the bots cut from 250 to 200. Primeval agreed. When we agree it's rarely wrong, considering how unlike we are.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 19:46:49

not even in FFA, if farmed some untagged could half expect to get missiled.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 21:21:37

The number of bots should be on a progressive scale dependent on how many real players there are. The ratio can be determined but that is how it ought to work.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 5th 2018, 21:22:29

In any case having bots to lg is far better than all-x as that gets real boring fast....

Buch Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 21:23:10

Every player sould start with 100k land fully built the way they want it.

Symbolic Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 21:24:58

I just think the bots should be able to fight back.

mrcuban Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 22:23:01

Just create bots that retal, problem solved.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 5th 2018, 23:07:21

bots will start attacking eventually (as of those who read qz's and pang's posts about bots know).

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 5th 2018, 23:12:32

If the 250 bots we have now start hitting back they will be better to farm for the people who learn how they work.

We have tried 100 bots, it was too few for several reasons, the most obvious being that t5 was not possible without a 3-4 week tyranny grabbing phase even if you wanted to play rep casher. DR just went way too high to make grabbing effective until the wars broke out and the techers stocked.

We have also tried 250 bots and we all agree it's too many for different reasons. For me it's that on many bots the DR does not pass into the range in which DR matters which makes grabbing very simple at some points of the set. Simple is not equivalent to good. Good grabbing is preferable, good and complex.

Edited By: Gerdler on Jun 5th 2018, 23:16:01

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jun 6th 2018, 1:43:23

I am going to win

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

archaic Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 1:50:43

Wouldn't bots retalling reduce their DR and actually increase returns (assuming you didn't get broke by a bot and lose 4k acres to an AI retal - which would be E P I C!)
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

samxz Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 5:51:33

You guys need a bots, that can retal,.... a bots with AI that can think, ally and form their own alliance, and war and wipe out all the human players.
You guys need a terminator movie style games :P

If this gonna happen, i will come back from retire and play :P

mrcuban Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 8:42:25

Bots already have allies... At the moment what competitive edge do netters have to have when they can farm AI countries for 350k acres and have a net finish with next to 0 defense?

I think it would change the dynamic and bring a little more thought into netting. If a player thought he could be retalled. He might play a little differently.

I don't think the answer to making the game more interesting is to give free land. Netters have always been able to net with an all-x. That was the essence of a netter. Or someone who could effectively grab, stay within retal rules and make a great netting finish.

I admit this set i was netting to 100K + acres and would have finished with a 300m nw country (my PB for sure).

Being forced to war was a great change!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 6th 2018, 10:12:24

Originally posted by mrcuban:
Bots already have allies... At the moment what competitive edge do netters have to have when they can farm AI countries for 350k acres and have a net finish with next to 0 defense?

There are two countries with 350k+ land, so how is it not competetive? Why are there not 20?

Your arguement is not valid. Grabbing is obviously still competetive, what does it matter that 4 guys are over 300k acres? what matters is where they are in relation to the rest of the players in the game.

Originally posted by archaic:
Wouldn't bots retalling reduce their DR and actually increase returns (assuming you didn't get broke by a bot and lose 4k acres to an AI retal - which would be E P I C!)

Yes. Exactly what I meant. If it's more costly to grab bots, the more skilled players will have an even bigger advantage, which I think is great. I want grabbing to be more complex in every way, so that countries form up from best - second best -...- twentieth best and so on. Right now because grabbing is not complex enough you can grab like a god with the wrong strategy and fail to get T10, because a mediocre grabber will still grab almost as much as you and he might have been lucky enough to pick 'the correct strategy'.

Lower the bot numbers to 200 and DR will distinguish the great grabbers from the mediocre ones even further. If bots then start retalling it will make the great grabbers soar way past everyone else. But I think it's harder to make bots retal than to lower their numbers from 250 to 200. So might want to start with the action that takes 2 minutes rather than wait for what could take a year.

maverickmd Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 13:04:31

the real question is why dont they increase the explore values to 100 acres per turn with no DR

Suicidal Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 13:12:15

Get rid of the bots, for just one set, and let's go back to old school......LGing across alliances, trash talking, starting serious retals, and maybe even an unplanned war and stuff......as for LaF, all alliances hit back at 1:1 not your frikkin' 200% BS or L:L......let's kick it old school

chapman951 Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 14:38:08

Originally posted by maverickmd:
the real question is why dont they increase the explore values to 100 acres per turn with no DR

Ohhhh! Excellent suggestion! I believe that would help increase activity too.

Riddler Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 15:07:47

Its simple, put a land cap on the amount the bots are willing to go up to, then they start stocking. lets say the bots hit 8k acres and stop growing they will stop being hit for land once some of the countries simply grow so much that hitting an 8k acre country has little to no benefit.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 6th 2018, 16:17:02

Originally posted by Suicidal:
Get rid of the bots, for just one set, and let's go back to old school......LGing across alliances, trash talking, starting serious retals, and maybe even an unplanned war and stuff......as for LaF, all alliances hit back at 1:1 not your frikkin' 200% BS or L:L......let's kick it old school

To be fair all the land I have taken from you in primary I don't see how it would be challenging either way. The bots were added to protect YOU from US. Remember that.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 6th 2018, 16:48:29

Oooooo. Them's fightin' words, sui.

sinistril Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 17:09:59

Meh, get rid of the bots and it will just be like team server where netters don't hit anyone. Let's not get it twisted. Honestly, the amount of bots in the game isn't really a big issue, it's the pace of the game. The turn system is so 1997. Making a game that is 20 years old more interesting is difficult and would take far more than just changing the amount of bots available. I still think rotating server types. ie, last survivor wins, is the best hope at mixing things up there is right now.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

DruncK Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 17:44:39

Your argument of making bots retal is redundant Gerd. The best way to differentiate netters from top netters would be no bots. You want more complex grabbing, try it vs human players.

Bots are garbage and should have ONLY been used to inflate numbers secretly to make the game look like it still had a chance at being revived.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 6th 2018, 18:15:34

I have won every non-bot server, and I have the NW record and land record in tournament, so yes I have grabbed human players, and I am pretty good at it. Far better than you. Come to tournament and get 50m NW in game A, why don't you?

DruncK Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 18:18:23

Yes, but you have yet to be able to enjoy this game the way it was intended. 1a IS a solo server now as far as netting goes. You would probably finish even higher comparatively here if you were able to rape everyone on retals, no?

archaic Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 20:10:25

Originally posted by DruncK:
Yes, but you have yet to be able to enjoy this game the way it was intended. 1a IS a solo server now as far as netting goes. You would probably finish even higher comparatively here if you were able to rape everyone on retals, no?

You mean enjoy the game the way you intend don't you? Lets face it Drunk, you have no interest in building a netting country, you just want to fight. You seem to forget that the way you are suggesting was tried for a longtime and the endless wars just drove people away. Warring properly every single set just requires far more effort than most 40+ year old Earthers are willing to put forth. Its basically a guy who likes demolition derby asking a guy from Formula One to 'come at me bro' - why would they?

Besides, you seem to have forgotten who ALWAYS won EE when there were no bots and it was a server for only the strong. Most of the alliances that are gone or reduced to 3-5 members are the legacy of Laf's domination of the game. If you want a server with no bots, no rules, just big swinging fluffs - then you want to be Laf farmland. Just ask PDM, EVO, MD . . . oh wait, you can't ask them anymore because Laf ended them.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Marshal Game profile

Jun 6th 2018, 20:13:26

if no bots then again landtrading pacts between alliances or intra-tag farming or less pacts to small tags by big tags or again farming 1 player tags or untagged players for 10 acres due dr and dr camping. none of those sound good.

Savage Game profile

Jun 9th 2018, 0:33:52

Hey Gerdler, would you say grabbing has evolved into something dependant mostly on time or skill? I.e. with your same skill but 50% less time how effective could you still be?

Is there a lot of target camping still going on? Was it unnessary with the 250 and that’s why you want 200?

Marshal Game profile

Jun 9th 2018, 10:24:30

500 countries so with 250 bots every1 has personal bot to farm, with 200 needs to look around bit more.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 9th 2018, 13:21:16

Originally posted by Savage:
Hey Gerdler, would you say grabbing has evolved into something dependant mostly on time or skill? I.e. with your same skill but 50% less time how effective could you still be?

Is there a lot of target camping still going on? Was it unnessary with the 250 and that’s why you want 200?

With 50% less time I'd get maybe 5-8% fewer acres I think. But it would not matter all that much because those grabs are still really big and so my bpt limits me more than my grab size.

20% fewer bots would put them on marginally fewer acres and significantly higher dr which would make it harder for me and everyone else to find the best targets. When dr is low I just need to sort the bits by land and remove a few that were hit most and then I have the best returns listed. It's simple. Too simple.

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 9th 2018, 14:27:22

Well, irregardless of the game context, we all are one of these players -
1. Those who don’t have a clue and it’s just riding along and is cool with whatever
2. Those who think they have a clue but actually don’t so they just finish whatever and is cool with that
3. Those who don’t care what their finish is as long as the others are finished.
4. Those who has a clue on how to build a great country but simply don’t care enough to calculate to the tee everyday
5. Those who know it all and seek to perfect the game and builds all sorts of spreadsheets and tools to help them win.

No matter how the game context change, usually those few always wins

lol crap post I know
*bonus*

Marshal Game profile

Jun 9th 2018, 14:39:02

3 here

laf is full 5

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 9th 2018, 20:54:19

laf has a lot of 4, and 5 maybe but really some of all of them.. our outlayer is DP who is the full spectrum 1-5 depending on his mood and perhaps he rolls a die every morning too. :)

drkprinc Game profile

Jun 9th 2018, 21:25:35

I'm not getting top 5 I've put minimal effort in this set and wasted alot of stock on conversion of bushels from 70 - 35
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2018, 0:41:15

#4 reporting in!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 10th 2018, 0:50:33

Come on Zorp I know you are more #5 than almost everyone in this game LOL. You are a #5-denyer!

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 10th 2018, 0:57:10

I guess #2 suits me best.
Just shut up and have another beer

Marshal Game profile

Jun 10th 2018, 11:58:50

^bullfluff

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Jun 10th 2018, 15:22:15

Counting to 5 takes to much effort
*Splat*

DruncK Game profile

Jun 10th 2018, 16:28:30

6 - Those of us who just want to watch the world burn, skill is irrelevant