Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 2:32:53

Yeah, LATC tried to bomb my banks today...

AndrewMose Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 3:41:17

Originally posted by The Cloaked:
what are we thinking of a t10 cutoff?

$110M is my guess

crest23 Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 4:26:22

Steal tech, cash, food. My spy news is one hot mess. I like how latc sent his spies on a suicide mission on me, ha ha. He could have made more money selling his spies, he killed off so many. Lmfao.

Edited By: crest23 on Feb 28th 2013, 4:30:07
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

xinwei Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 5:29:32

any identified tech thieves that i can dumb my missiles on? i have one stealing from me for the past few days.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 5:33:10

try missiling tax man
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 5:59:22

#298 and #145 are the main tech stealers. My total tech loss is probably about 900k tech points.

#176 and #187 tried 2 ops on me each today and failed because I'm in 35 spy DR from the day before.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 6:01:44

At this point, I can't help but wonder if having higher expenses over the whole reset due to having a higher spy count is more beneficial than losing a million tech points.

Rockman Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 6:43:10

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
At this point, I can't help but wonder if having higher expenses over the whole reset due to having a higher spy count is more beneficial than losing a million tech points.

If only having a high spy count actually protected you from spy ops. It does to some degree, but if they're after you personally, and don't mind failing a decent amount of the time, they will still do a lot of damage, almost regardless of your SPAL.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 6:47:04

Originally posted by Rockman:

If only having a high spy count actually protected you from spy ops. It does to some degree, but if they're after you personally, and don't mind failing a decent amount of the time, they will still do a lot of damage, almost regardless of your SPAL.

This is exactly why I didn't even bother to get Spy tech to stop the tech being stolen from me. Even if I spent the millions into getting Spy tech up to 140%, they would still probably succeed and all that money is wasted.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

xinwei Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 7:27:16

confirmed that pumping spy tech to 150% is not helping at all

OneMansArmy Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 7:49:25

Plus if he is stealing your tech, pumping that into spy is just going to get more spy stolen and give him more spy tech right? lol

PaleMoon Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 10:11:21

I believe the tech you steal is directly related to the type of tech you have in your country.

So if you had no spy tech on hand, then you wouldn't steal any either. Obviously very easy just to buy 10-20k points and steal the rest.
"imo the true issue over there is and always has been palemoon." - Vic (Mr. Clear)

La Famiglia

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 11:09:18

Tech stealing gives the stealer the lower amount of 0.4% of the attacker's tech, or 0.3% of the defender's tech for every tech category.

Rob Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 11:55:08

Lets do a top 10 pick and see how many of the countries we get right. 1 point per country selected correctly, -1 for an incorrect pick. Positions dont matter.

In no particular order:

1. Awesome 2013
2. Quarantine
3. AustAgder
4. Promise Land
5. Happy New Year 2013
6. Keep Calm and Press Cash
7. Eevil War Machine
8. The James Craig
9. Invisible Cities
10. Listen to what Xinhuan says

Edited By: Rob on Feb 28th 2013, 11:59:19
See Original Post

oldman Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 13:09:03

a new demo record? he's 6M away from the record.

Rob Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 16:30:31

The record is almost certainly crumbling. Nicely done!
Curious how he stocked and destocked in this damn bushel market.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 16:41:26

Well he may have got slaughtered on food and still posted that kind of score because it was a good tech round. I got destroyed on food because I *KEPT* buying back in, over and over, down to the end I kept doing it, and I'll still finish over 105m if I spend my money. Also I think he spent some money stocking techs instead of food.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 16:46:22

I also lost 5m+ networth on oil, lol, I just had a feeling about oil. I mean, there's no food, and the big farmers that exist are a tyrant and a dict, not fascists, so I really thought I could buy up all the $300-400 oil and sell it for $500, but now I sold it for $30. Same thing I did with bushels, I held out for better and just kept holding out because I want to go big or go home. Even when I saw the prices start crashing I still refused to price low, and then the round was almost over and I still had the bushels and the oil.

On the other hand I spent $1b+ on tech every day during the crash and that market did end up spiking back up so that gamble helped prices as well as made me some money.

Edited By: blid on Feb 28th 2013, 16:51:24
See Original Post

Rob Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 16:49:31

Bloody hell. Gogy just stole around 350k tech from me.
This is going to hurt my finish

Its weird that so many got though considering i have over 2.6m spies and my allies have lots too

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 16:51:35

Do you know his SPAL? Is it, like, other worldly?

I'm surprised these tech stealers get away with it. Nobody just dumps all their missiles on them and then jumps.

Rob Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 16:59:34

21/33 ops got through. What the hell.

How high can his SPAL be? I have 2.6m. My allies have 3.3 in total.
How much more do i actually need to stop this crap?

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:07:07

Originally posted by Rob:
Lets do a top 10 pick and see how many of the countries we get right. 1 point per country selected correctly, -1 for an incorrect pick. Positions dont matter.

In no particular order:

1. Awesome 2013
2. Quarantine
3. AustAgder
4. Promise Land
5. Happy New Year 2013
6. Keep Calm and Press Cash
7. Eevil War Machine
8. The James Craig
9. Invisible Cities

My t10 prediction.

1. Awesome 2013
2. Quarantine
3. Promise Land
4. Keep Calm and Press Cash
5. Eevil War Machine
6. Happy New Year 2013
7. The James Craig
8. AustAgder
9. Serenity in Stress, if he doesn't war Street Fighter for the hit yesterday
11. Xchyler

Karim Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:10:04

The demo might have another 45mils NW on hand, if he didn't miscalculate his jump.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:17:06

I really doubt that Karim. It is actually pretty hard to sell down bushels on Primary, because there isn't any stocking demand unlike on Alliance.

The only countries that stock before the last 10 days of the reset are techers, and all techers want to dump during a crash, so it is near pretty hard to sell down the majority of your food stock without being lucky.

Rob Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:18:40

Thats 11. You're cheating Xin :p

Karim, another 45m networth? That would put him at 165? I dont think thats possible. If it is he will win this set

LATC Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:30:28

Originally posted by crest23:
Steal tech, cash, food. My spy news is one hot mess. I like how latc sent his spies on a suicide mission on me, ha ha. He could have made more money selling his spies, he killed off so many. Lmfao.

Heh well on most ops I was able to get about $17m worth of tech/turn (at current market price) or more than the extra $4m/turn extra I woulda have gotten cashing those turns by bombing banks.. and suicide mission? I failed at most 3 times on you, not sure how much I lost on each of those.
Are you guys stupid or what?

Karim Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:37:34

I don't know: checking his history on eestats he jumped 28mils the first day and 20 mils the second day.

What would be the point in jumping that early as a demo? Just to avoid military prices peak?
-[Panzer Division MD]-

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:39:46

Each spy is 1 NW. If you lost 40k spies on each op, that's 40k NW, or about 10.5m dollars worth at $262/NW.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 17:40:20

Yeah, demos can do well buying off the public market with no commissions, and there's much better military prices, plus it gives you more days to buy your efficient tanks/troops from the private. It's normal to start jumping that early - Bin Laden jumped even earlier and he's not going to 160m.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:46:33

Originally posted by Karim:
I don't know: checking his history on eestats he jumped 28mils the first day and 20 mils the second day.

What would be the point in jumping that early as a demo? Just to avoid military prices peak?

The jump is the right move.

If he chose to stock 3 extra days (so say his stockpile increased an additional 10% in size from stocking 24 days to 27 days, 10% only due to the falling tech prices), but if the rise in military prices plus the fall in food price is more than 10% in those 3 days, then it wouldn't be worth it. Food fell about 10%, and military rose by about 7%. Jumping 17% less with 10% more stock is the worse option.

Karim Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:47:45

Makes sense then :)

So we'll have to wait tomorrow to see real weight of each country, i guess.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

crest23 Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 17:56:43

Originally posted by LATC:

Heh well on most ops I was able to get about $17m worth of tech/turn (at current market price) or more than the extra $4m/turn extra I woulda have gotten cashing those turns by bombing banks.. and suicide mission? I failed at most 3 times on you, not sure how much I lost on each of those.

66k spies you were losing, ouch. You can only sell 25% of that tech today and even less tomorrow at even lower prices.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 18:04:07

How many ops did he fail

LATC Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 18:07:56

lol dang, I really should pay attention to the # lost when I fail.. I get angry so I hit back and then 'spy' right after.

Xinhuan Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 18:17:40

You're just gambling LATC. I know some players who will not hesitate to throw some missiles at you on the last day for stealing their tech, and those missiles are sufficient to completely negate any gains you made by stealing.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 18:29:58

I'd let a few slide, but I'd probably go to war with someone after 5 to 10 steal tech operations. People are free to play however they like of course, but I'm surprised that nobody has gone to war over the tech stealing yet.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 18:30:43

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
I'd let a few slide, but I'd probably go to war with someone after 5 to 10 steal tech operations. People are free to play however they like of course, but I'm surprised that nobody has gone to war over the tech stealing yet.
Yes, I'm very surprised

crest23 Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 18:36:13

Kitty Litter went after the IRS over it, ask him if that went over well. Going to war after 10 ops is dumb, you go after you have sufficiently prepped for war. So far he has lost way more than he would have had he continued to bend over. With or without the war, Tax Man is still a crappy country. So it is heads, you lose, tails, you don't win.

Edited By: crest23 on Feb 28th 2013, 18:41:40
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

BobbyATA Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 18:38:53

I like Kitty Litter more and more. That guy stayed allied to me when I had 1/10th-1/20th of the turrets he did. I didn't even realize we were still allied for a while, I just dropped him the other day. Just insane loyalty.

herbs12 Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 18:39:06

I am with shq in the rear so lots if radio watch and if I have signal on my phone will get time in to finish the set off.

If no signal then my country will be stuck at its current net. Anyhow good luck to all and nice work so far Crest with your country.

Afaik, Serp let's see some big jumps from you two. Need to represent the commie power lol.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 18:51:35

PromiseLand isn't crest

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 18:53:21

Kitty Litter went after the IRS over it, ask him if that went over well. Going to war after 10 ops is dumb, you go after you have sufficiently prepped for war. So far he has lost way more than he would have had he continued to bend over. With or without the war, Tax Man is still a crappy country. So it is heads, you lose, tails, you don't win.
You're looking at it like he cares he lost way more than he would have. People choosing to war KNOW they're going to lose net in war, they choose it anyway.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 19:02:47

I tried to spy into Tax Man to see if he had any SDI and check if it would even be worth it for me to send my missiles, but after 2-3 failed spy Ops I decided to just focus on netting.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 19:05:08

I think I was right that it would be easy to jump out of humanitarian range though, after missile dumping on him

LATC Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 22:19:41

OMA, don't bother missiling him, his SDI will eat your missiles for breakfast.

Do you guys think its right that if you don't fail an op stealing tech (or food/money) it allows someone to missile/AB/GS/BR you if they/you are in GDI? As nice as it is that you can identify who is doing it, doesn't it defeat the purpose of having a much higher SPAL?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 22:26:40

Well the real purpose of having a higher SPAL is succeeding on your ops, not hiding your identity, but also, silly thing to complain about. If you don't want people to know it's you then don't steal their stuff. Don't you think stealing thousands of tech points should break GDI? So how could you change it anyway?

LATC Game profile

Feb 28th 2013, 23:26:09

I mean I just started stealing tech the last few days cuz it was happening to me so I was seeing if it was worth it. But like the last few sets when I lost tech, I thought it strange that I could brute force figure out who did it to me even tho they never failed.

I would just change it so GDI unlocks once they fail a harmful op.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 28th 2013, 23:40:20

Oh that's actually a simple change that I hadn't thought of. Still though, not sure if the thieves need extra protection.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 1st 2013, 0:16:16

Since i wont be beating my $70m NW from last set, ill be going out with fireworks, thnx tech thief for making my decision so easy!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

https://youtu.be/...pxFw4?si=mCDXT3t1vmFgn0qn

-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF~SKA=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

LATC Game profile

Mar 1st 2013, 3:02:58

Originally posted by blid:
Oh that's actually a simple change that I hadn't thought of. Still though, not sure if the thieves need extra protection.

Yea maybe not, but it would make for an interesting new strat.. piracy. Get really high spal and steal tech/food/money/oil from ppl, a low land type strat. Can be played with a commie or dict.