Verified:

viperbeauty Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 14:46:10

Every time I am about to finish the game in the top 10. I always get attacked to oblivion during the last few hours of the set.

Third time in a row that I've been so close to finishing Top 10!!!

h2orich Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 15:01:40

Sadly, it happens.. :(

blid

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2013, 16:53:47

I don't like all the idiots like #5 roaming around out there. They'll hit you when you're ranked near the top and for some reason think you're not allowed to retal. They get 10m turrets so you get 10m jets and they can't handle it. Not that knocking a country with 18k buildings down to 1k buildings isn't somewhat satisfying, but still.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

st0ny Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 17:51:32

viper: try everytime you get a good chance of finishing #1 then complain.

blid: just to answer the title of this post... i hate ppl like you...
yea, of course you're allowed to retal... and if you're allowed to retal, i'm allowed to farm you. and you have every right to AB me. we'll keep doing this and you and i will never reach the top.

seriously... keep coming at me as an all jetter and i'll never stop farming you... you can AB all you want because by the time ppl like you can catch up and get enough jets, ppl like myself have already been stocking for an entire day or more. i wont have a problem farming ppl like you without a care for my buildings.

Edited By: st0ny on Jun 30th 2013, 17:53:42
See Original Post
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

blid

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2013, 17:56:08

And will you ever stop getting parking lotted? Hahaha. Is that seriously you? You have to realize that RORing a decent player is just an exercise in futility.

Let's see, I was rank 10 when I first got hit. Why would anyone think they could get away with that hit? And I was rank 4 when I retaled. Oh yeah, a seriously annoying "jetter" ranked 4th in the game.
http://earthgraphs.com/...last_h=72&tab=history
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Vic Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 18:09:26

THINGS VIC HATES:

ONCE AGAIN - I'VE RUN OUT OF TIME TO HIT NEW COUNTRIES THIS SET.
BAHH.
FULL TURNS + 194 STORED DAMNNNN

st0ny Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 18:18:49

blid... your country isnt the one i'm going at it with... but if you were an alljetter... i dont mine being a parking lot forever as long as i bring you down with me. :D

blid

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2013, 18:23:54

I had 2m turrets and 9m jets or so, because that's the amount of jets I needed to retal. If I needed 11m jets I would've got 11m.

st0ny Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 18:27:42

and i'd farm you if you hit me with that kinda units, i'd farm you with at least 4 PS... of course when i do that, i'd have thrown my set out the window and fully expect your ABs... :D

blid

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2013, 18:54:58

Hopefully you'd be smart enough not to make the dumb attack in the first place. Why farm me? If I have 11m jets/2m turrets and you have 2m jets/11m turrets aren't we basically the same? Why can't I take my land back?

st0ny Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 19:09:57

i'm SMART enough to make the 'dumb' attack be cause i need to grow.

you can most definitely take your land back... which also means, so can i...

i'd farm you because you opened yourself up for farming with those kinda units. not because you retal.

no, we're not even close to being the same. if you had 11m jets/2m turrets and i had 11m turrets/2m jets, who do you think will win the trade off in the long run? i'm sure you know the answer to that question... and that is the reason why you resort to AB.

let me just ask you this. if you had 10k acres, 11m jets/2m turrets, then i came along and grabbed you with 3.5k acres, 2m jets/400k turrets, what would you do?

blid

EE Patron

Jun 30th 2013, 19:22:48

Hm, you're "smart" enough to make the "dumb" attack? That sounds kind of dumb to me. Does that mean you just don't acknowledge that it's possible to make a bad attack? Even hitting someone in the top ten isn't "dumb" according to you? That makes very little sense.

If someone hits me and gets 10m turrets, well yeah, I'm going to need a lot of jets to hit that guy back. Does that mean I'm not allowed to buy a lot of jets? Am I just not allowed to retal? The dude took 1150 acres from me. Do I have to buy equal number of turrets and grow to twice the idiot's size to get your approval for my retal? By the way, 2m turrets isn't exactly no defense, and between me and the guy who hit me to begin with, I'm the better player with the better country. I'm not sure what "trade off" you're talking about but I would out-net the other guy easily and if he's dumb enough to ROR I will parking lot him and out-net him too.

Your hypothetical isn't worth thinking about unless it's a retal. I'm not coming along and grabbing someone here, I'm retaling a clown who thinks he can hit top ten players and not be hit back.

I know how to be the guy on top grabbing the lower players and I know being retaled by heavy jet guys sucks. But there's something called brains involved. You can not attack guys in the top ten if you don't want to be hit back. You can look at how many turns remaining and how well-built their countries are if you don't want to be hit back. If someone DOES hit you back and that person is ranked 4th in the game at the time, hey, maybe they're not a bad player you should try to push around. Just a thought. If they have a garbage country and no defense you can try to farm them I guess but guess what, there are times when maybe you just attacked the wrong person.

st0ny Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 20:10:37

you really need to re-read your first couple sentences... also, how can you be in the top ten and he ends up with 11m turrets and you end up with 11m jets/2m turrets? pls dont tell me that you were in the top 10 during the first day of the game. anyone can just create a country and be top 10 on the first day.

if he can hit you can get 10m def, before you can even think of attacking him, maybe you should consider playing a little more often and not purposely wait to get these 'retals'?

2m turrets IS no defense if you have 11m jets. and NO, i doubt you are the better player and you have a better country. you will probably out nett him ONLY because you got FS with your ABs effectively rendering his country useless and unable to generate income.

whats the difference? take it as a grab or retal. doesnt matter. what would you do? again... top 10 during day 1 is fluffs unless you can maintain.

blid.. seriously... proof read your stuff. before i go on... AGAIN... BEING TOP 10 DURING THE FIRST DAY IS fluffS... i'd say at least 50% of the players have one time or the other been in the top 10 during the first day.

it doesnt matter if the person is ranked #1 when he hits me. if he has your kinda units, 11m jets/2m turrets, i'd farm him and fully expect that person to do something back.

braden Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 20:38:24

I hate vic

but by hate I mean adore and forgive for his masshole upbringing!
communist!

Vic Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 21:29:05

hahah :p
cmon you know i'm the sole conservative in the state

Vic Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 22:40:36

omg fux000rr just realizing i'm going to end the set with a ton of stored turns :/

Vic Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 22:42:27

fluffffff fluff fluff fluff

Turns (Stored) 141 (190)

can't believe i did that

CX LaE Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 22:47:33

Vic = n00b!
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

Vic Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 22:49:31

super n00b!

CX LaE Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 22:57:01

HAH! :P
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

braden Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 23:00:08

i do it often, myself ;)

you and my boy, scott brown!

Vic Game profile

Jun 30th 2013, 23:35:46

scott's the man

and ughhhh
Turns (Stored) 0 (177)

braden Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 0:01:47

been there farr too often

blid

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2013, 0:10:33

Originally posted by st0ny:
you really need to re-read your first couple sentences... also, how can you be in the top ten and he ends up with 11m turrets and you end up with 11m jets/2m turrets? pls dont tell me that you were in the top 10 during the first day of the game. anyone can just create a country and be top 10 on the first day.

if he can hit you can get 10m def, before you can even think of attacking him, maybe you should consider playing a little more often and not purposely wait to get these 'retals'?

2m turrets IS no defense if you have 11m jets. and NO, i doubt you are the better player and you have a better country. you will probably out nett him ONLY because you got FS with your ABs effectively rendering his country useless and unable to generate income.

whats the difference? take it as a grab or retal. doesnt matter. what would you do? again... top 10 during day 1 is fluffs unless you can maintain.

blid.. seriously... proof read your stuff. before i go on... AGAIN... BEING TOP 10 DURING THE FIRST DAY IS fluffS... i'd say at least 50% of the players have one time or the other been in the top 10 during the first day.

it doesnt matter if the person is ranked #1 when he hits me. if he has your kinda units, 11m jets/2m turrets, i'd farm him and fully expect that person to do something back.
lol it wasn't on the first day. Why did you tihnk that? Do you think im dumb or bad at this game or something? He hit me on Saturday night and I hit him back Saturday night. I was rank 10 when he hit me and rank 4 when he ROR'd. How else would we be dealing with numbers in the millions of jets and turrets? I even linked the country histories so you could have seen this for yourself... it stands to reason if someone goes 10m turrets you need to go jet heavy to break them... 95% of people here agree with the right to take a retal... so, I don't really have anything to add.

Edited By: blid on Jul 1st 2013, 3:52:01
See Original Post

crest23 Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 3:47:22

viper: try everytime you get a good chance of finishing #1 then complain.

blid: just to answer the title of this post... i hate ppl like you...
yea, of course you're allowed to retal... and if you're allowed to retal, i'm allowed to farm you. and you have every right to AB me. we'll keep doing this and you and i will never reach the top.

seriously... keep coming at me as an all jetter and i'll never stop farming you... you can AB all you want because by the time ppl like you can catch up and get enough jets, ppl like myself have already been stocking for an entire day or more. i wont have a problem farming ppl like you without a care for my buildings.

That's why blid has multiple wins and you have no wins. But hey, if it works for you, keep going.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

st0ny Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 4:50:42

blid: sorry, i thought it was the first day. my mistake. i did not check the link.
i have to ask, why is it you only have 2m turrets when he grabbed you?
and like i said, all jetters can come anytime and i'll never stop farming them. i started stocking saturday morning. i'm Marigold Peel Fresh. go check out my news to see when i stopped attacking. so even if i was a parking lot i'd still farm you and out nett you if it were to happen to me saturday night.

crest: actually, i've won before, just not recently. and thats because i just started playing again about 6-7 sets back after years and years of not playing. i'm one of those old timers.

h2orich Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 9:48:18

Why blame people when they go all jetter and retal you back when you hit them in the first place? We dont care when you started stocking, many of us plays delayed, meaning actual grabbing only happens after Friday night, so doesnt mean that you started stocking on Saturday, other people should do otherwise.

If they do retal you, dont bother... eat the retal, suck it up like I always do if I want to net and move on. Why give up your netting set for someone who doesnt even care about their country finish by running 300 turns and going all jetter just to retal you?

st0ny Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 13:13:46

h2o, are you telling me to just go all explore and not hit anyone if i dont want to get retalled? or should i just play the way you guys play and go delayed? why dont the admins just set the rule that you have to play delayed?

and i dont blame them for a retal. honestly. retal all they want. but if they come at me with an all jetter, all i see is free land. and if they can retal with an all jetter, i can farm.

and like you dont care when i start stocking, i dont care when you start grabbing. fair right?

you have a point here. i could easily let it go and continue netting. but i feel that if i dont farm them, more all jetters will come at me. so i'll make an example of one and hope the rest learns from it. also, most of them are pricks. this set the guy who retal on me sunday, said he did it because his set is screwed anyways. not because he wanted the land back to netgain, but because his set is screwed so hey, why not cripple someone else netting?

i dont mind doing this every single set because i have full confidence that i can out nett these players any other time. give me one set where i'm lucky enough not to bump into any of this pricks and i'm sure i'll get a good finish.

Edited By: st0ny on Jul 1st 2013, 13:17:41
See Original Post

ingle Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 13:59:29

Majority of players usually don't retal, however, if you hit enough players there will be a couple who are willing to go all jets to retal you.

Eating one large retal doens't mean the end of the set (h2o got retalled for 2k and still got 1st)

Even though you see "free land", the repercussions involve ABS or missiles and lead to a 1v1 war which isn't conducive to "netting". You're better off not taking the "free land".

i dont mind doing this every single set because i have full confidence that i can out nett these players any other time. give me one set where i'm lucky enough not to bump into any of this pricks and i'm sure i'll get a good finish.

Of course anyone given a set of "free farming" and not being "retalled" by their targets will get a decent finish. :P

st0ny Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 17:37:31

ingle... if you check my news (MariGold Peel Fresh), you'll find that i didnt really attack alot compared to alot of ppl.
i also know that most of these last minute 'alljetter retallers' are commies. so i make it a point to avoid hitting commies but i am still 'lucky' enough to bump into one of these 'alljetter retallers' almost every set... its just my luck man i tell you.

you're right here... eating one retal doesnt really screw one's reset up much. and it is better to not take the 'free land' but, its just not me to let these pricks get away with it. i say pricks because most of the ones i've met are. this set it was a buddy of yours mate. :P you can check with him if what i said about him doing it because his set was screwed is true. :D

crest23 Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 18:31:24

Problem with this is pretty soon your history will show you to be a crappy player set after set.

Viva, blid, myself, AzN, mdemon, have all in the past 'mostly jetted' to retal, and I don't know your history, but I'm pretty sure any of these guys will outnet you every set.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

crest23 Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 18:35:51

You are also not teaching anyone anything if you use a different name each set. And if you use the same name and pull this crap, you'll have suiciders on your hands and either way, your history will show you to be a crappy player.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2013, 18:38:44

st0ny isn't bad, I remember he had a set where he had a real big commie coming along before someone started suiciding him or something. But yeah, he hasn't won like all those people you list, who have gone heavy jets to retal.

crest23 Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 18:45:46

I'm sure he tried to be a douche and paid for it, meh.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

st0ny Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 18:47:22

crest, i think that pretty soon my history will show that i have TOTAL DISRESPECT(ya can qoute me on this) for the alljetter 'strat' instead of me being a crappy player.

i say this because people who can calculate would look at my country history and be able to estimate the type of nettworth i would've ended with if i had not decided to farm that one fella.

can you estimate the kinda nett i would've ended with last set? can you honestly say that the players you named would've out nett that estimated nett last set?

blid

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2013, 18:51:10

st0ny, let me explain the jet thing from the perspective of a netter: say I have 200 turns on hand and $500m. Someone has attacked me and I want to retal. I can spend the $500m entirely on jets and make the retal right now, but my turret count will be low. I can
a) take the retal now, and take those next 200 turns with 1000 more land
b) spend those 200 turns now to get more defense, just in case the guy is you and decides I'm a "jetter" and wars me

ignoring networth matching sort of stuff, a) obviously has the higher netting potential, right? so, in your own terms, i guess it's being smart enough to be dumb. the 200 turns on hand signifies first that i easily could boost my defense, and second that if you get bent out of shape by a fair and timely retal, i'm ready to punish you.

st0ny Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 18:51:26

blid, that reset happened like most of my resets. an alljetter and myself crossed paths. like i've said, i'll never stop farming em. even if it cost me my set.

crest, i am a douche in your books like you're an idiot in mine.

st0ny Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 18:54:02

blid, how many turns do you have to run before you get the 11m jets needed to retal? wouldnt it be better to use those turns to grab smaller countries a little more and grow then take the retal later when you have more defense?

i could be wrong here. do correct me if i am.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2013, 18:56:09

that's a different question outside of my hypothetical. in my hypothetical i set up the choice where i already have the money, and could retal now (with low turrets) or inefficiently boost my turrets before making the retal.

the answer to your question, though, varies based on the set. some sets, yes, if it takes too many turns, i continue grabbing as usual until i catch up with the person later on. problem is that leads to "late" retals in the minds of some people. last set, however, i was playing an all-x/retal only country becuase i didn't have time to grab. so it didn't matter, i wasn't gonna grab anyone else, so i just explored as many turns as necessary

st0ny Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 19:09:14

blid: again, my personal opinion here. if you have 500m, wouldnt it still be better to buy tech, grab and grow as normal then do the retal later?

the all-x/retal strat. thats actually another problem i've been whining about. lol. but i decided that all explore commies dont really stand a chance of winning a set so i just ignore these coutries totally nowadays.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2013, 19:20:55

if i have $500m and can gain 1000+ acres with my retal in under 5 turns, that efficiency is hard to beat.

why ever would you have a problem with all-x/retal countries? it's just a strat to play if you don't feel like taking the time to grab. explore your land, and if someone hits you, hit them back... low commitment, fun, fair

st0ny Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 19:24:25

check out my post in the other thread.

crest23 Game profile

Jul 1st 2013, 20:33:15

the all-x/retal strat. thats actually another problem i've been whining about. lol. but i decided that all explore commies dont really stand a chance of winning a set so i just ignore these coutries totally nowadays.

Now I get it, you are stupid enough to hit someone that you know can retal you, 11 million turrets and all. You are bitter enough to suicide them because they retalled? You just said, and I quoted above that you only do that when you see that they are better than you and might win the set, and you are not a douche? I guess I really am an idiot, lol.

crest, can you estimate the kinda nett i would've ended with last set? can you honestly say that the players you named would've out nett that estimated nett last set?

FYI, I compare your country with ebert's from last set, he's been best theo techer for a long as i stopped playing, I doubt you were going to finish better than him. He finished at 22mill.

Edited By: crest23 on Jul 1st 2013, 20:56:30
See Original Post
The Nigerian Nightmare.

raz Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2013, 22:15:45

blid let me know your country name next week, ill make an example out of an idiot like you...I cant stand idiot players who try to bully others.
Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You win this round. I concede.

blid

EE Patron

Jul 1st 2013, 22:17:11

Who am I bullying? What are you talking about?

Vic Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 0:50:16

raz blid is about as far away from a bully as one can humanly be

h2orich Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 4:32:59

st0ny, I'm not expecting you to go all-x and not hit anyone. Select/judge targets properly, hit those who you can think can not retal you.

You know all jetters are all out there to either 1)retal you(like what blid said), 2)to ruin your set. They obviously do not care about their country finish when they spend 500m cash on jets, just to retal you and ruin your set. Why break GDI? to let them further destroy your country? If an all jetters retal you x 2 or hit u x 2, then its worth to destroy him since he will be hitting you all set long. But if it's just a retal, suck it up and let it go. Continue to bottom feed, u'll get back your land in no time.

Whats the point of saying "they are low turrets so I should farm them? Express is just a set with 1800 turns, after turn 1300, it becomes pointless or non beneficial to build any more land.

You're bound to find many all jetters in express, and with your mindset, you're just wasting your time trying to net and let it someone who doesnt put much effort in their country ruined for you

st0ny Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 5:09:11

Originally posted by crest23:
Now I get it, you are stupid enough to hit someone that you know can retal you, 11 million turrets and all. You are bitter enough to suicide them because they retalled? You just said, and I quoted above that you only do that when you see that they are better than you and might win the set, and you are not a douche? I guess I really am an idiot, lol.

idiot, read and follow the entire conversation. and yes... you really are an idiot.

Originally posted by crest23:
FYI, I compare your country with ebert's from last set, he's been best theo techer for a long as i stopped playing, I doubt you were going to finish better than him. He finished at 22mill.

idiot, if you dont know how to calculate the estimated ending nettworth based on the history, dont shame yourself publicly like this. just keep your mouth shout or ask someone else for help privately.

i was allied to ebert. and yes, he is a very good player. but does he go alljetter all the time like what blid and me are talking about?

also, maybe you could check with ebert on who would have finished better last set if i did not go farm that one fella. if you really know him that is, which i doubt because ebert seems like an intelligent fella while you on the other hand...

Edited By: st0ny on Jul 2nd 2013, 5:17:05
See Original Post

st0ny Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 5:22:35

Originally posted by h2orich:
st0ny, I'm not expecting you to go all-x and not hit anyone. Select/judge targets properly, hit those who you can think can not retal you.

i do select my targets but i just manage to bump into one of these jetters or pricks every set.

Originally posted by h2orich:
You know all jetters are all out there to either 1)retal you(like what blid said), 2)to ruin your set. They obviously do not care about their country finish when they spend 500m cash on jets, just to retal you and ruin your set. Why break GDI? to let them further destroy your country? If an all jetters retal you x 2 or hit u x 2, then its worth to destroy him since he will be hitting you all set long. But if it's just a retal, suck it up and let it go. Continue to bottom feed, u'll get back your land in no time.

Whats the point of saying "they are low turrets so I should farm them? Express is just a set with 1800 turns, after turn 1300, it becomes pointless or non beneficial to build any more land.

You're bound to find many all jetters in express, and with your mindset, you're just wasting your time trying to net and let it someone who doesnt put much effort in their country ruined for you

what you say makes sense really. i really do agree but i have this short fuse ya see...

NukEvil Game profile

Jul 2nd 2013, 14:37:33

People have the right to retal once per landgrab. People have the privilege to retal or landgrab more than once if they wish. Note that privileges can be taken away far more easily than rights. Check my country history to see why.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.