Verified:

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 15:38:45

Oh. And while I'm at it, I prolly should apologize (to all) for the bad language and poor behavior.

Doesn't change my opinions and attitudes but I can certainly find a more constructive way to voice those opinions and attitudes.

Consider me on parole. ;)

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 15:58:50

Originally posted by Dragon:
Are you psychic or something? A certain summer rain smellin' character did a very bad thing to me. Funny you should bring that up in this thread and some guy with that country name does DSO's on me, too.

Can you maybe give me this week's winning Powerball numbers?

What can I say, I pay close attention to what goes on on this server. I saw "Nukevil smells like..." make the first hits of the set....7 taps on you, and 7 taps on gregg. I'm surprised neither of you have hit him back yet.

I obviously can't dissuade you from your thoughts on what is an appropriate level of grabbing - but I will reiterate once again, that it's guys who go to war over something as simple as a double tap that are driving players out of this server at a very regular rate. It's been said time and time again, but it's yours to do with it what you like. If you like having the Express server to play on though, I'd strongly suggest rethinking your standards for what level of action you take to something that you could quite easily retal evenly (and usually at a great gain for yourself) if you were just to exhibit a pinch of patience.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 16:18:04

Huh? He never grabbed me. He DID do 7 DSO's though. Although I really don't know what he was thinkin' after he disarmed all my missiles, I would have expected him TO grab me a bunch.

Look. I respect your point of view. I just happen to disagree with it. If guys quit playing this server because they can't learn how to do more with less and actually use some skills to win, that's unfortunate, but oh well. Cause and effect.

It's all about choices and consequences. If I log on todayand decide I'm going to grab some other players 3, 4, maybe 5 times, that certainly can't be "fun" for them and they might also quit playing. Or I might eat a bazillion missiles or AB's. That's the possible consequences of my actions.

So which is worse? Being driven out by being flattened for farming or being driven out by being farmed?

It's not like there is no other option here. I can't tell you or anyone else that the multi-tapping and shameless farming that goes on here is bad and that you just have to quit doing it. All I CAN do is tell you that while you're free to do as you choose, if you visit my house too often or too much, a price is going to be extracted for that.

You know, you almost convinced me that a double-tap isn't excessive, but that's a really slippery slope, man. This reset, it's "expected by the server" that double taps are okay. It's only a mater of time till someone decides to push the envelope and start triple tapping. And quad-tapping, and.... well, you get the idea.

Edited By: Dragon on Jul 4th 2010, 16:21:16
See Original Post

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 16:30:47

I guess I should say this as well.. "True" suiciders are definitely extremely harmful to this or any server.

However, my definition of exactly what a "suicider" is is pretty narrow. To me, a suicider is a player who without cause or provocation maims or kills another player simply because he or she can and feels like ruining someone's reset for no good reason.

Charles Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 16:36:04

no you're right, we should raise an army of suiciders!!!

Obviously i'm being sarcastic....

But seriously, i've been farmed before and yet i've never suicided. Why? because i find it boring. I'd profer to buy up a few mil jets and hit his arse right back!!! And then finish with Higher NW than him. Ultimate victory. Honestly there's no excuse to being farmed and then not being able to retaliate "in kind". We all have the same amount of turns & resources available to us. If you have been farmed it means you have VERY little defense compared to your land, morale of the story, you dont want to be hit get more defense so that they can only break you once with a PS...

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 16:45:58

I know all that stuff. In fact, I hardly ever get grabbed because I DO pay attention to defense. Well, I've been grabbed a little more this set because I decided to make someone a parking lot for some DSO's. Not the point.

It's not up to you or me to decide how someone retaliates for being farmed. I gotta call BS because I'm not into that whole "blame the victim" deal.

starstalker4

Jul 4th 2010, 16:55:57

dragongregg goes for 5000 acres of ABs against the guy who hit him and me

great

i suspect that both of them are having more fun playing this game then the so-called winners in the top ten

it does point out the unintended consequences of the rule that one can not drop land

he gets ABed and is not allowed to drop the land

the admins say that they want to discourage disproportionate retals and then pull a rule out of thin air that makes those retals even more effective

gotta love it

Edited By: starstalker4 on Jul 4th 2010, 17:04:41
See Original Post
if you can win a game without ever fighting a battle; it is not a war game

Charles Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 16:58:21

but it's us (the community) that shapes how people should react to being hit. and if we are the only ones talking about it people will consider our opinions before they turn someone into a parking lot for 2 hits.

How do you define a double tap btw? Is it consecutive hits? or every 2 hours (the length of a PS), or more than one a day? or one every 3 days?

Imo it should no longer be a double hit after 15 hours (the equivelent period of time between hits equals the Alliance standard of 3 days, 75 turns issued).

starstalker4

Jul 4th 2010, 17:10:26

why should the community have any input into how any individual reacts to an individual attack??

for myself i followed dibs advice and sent the guy a thank yu note

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 17:29:54

wait, what? can't drop land? wtf are you talking about? I dropped 8k acres last set after I got suicided for a double tap.

Dragon - Do you not understand that if people continue to leave the server for the exact same attitude that you yourself said you know is making people leave the server, it's eventually going to be shut down? Do you really think they will continue to run a server that costs more money/time to run than it generates in ad revenue?

Sorry mate, but your idea of what's acceptable for being grabbed is just plain out selfish - if you don't wanna get grabbed, run a strat that can't be broken (C/I, T/I --> TTR, etc), don't act like a 5 yr old who got his favorite toy snatched from him.

gregg - because it's our server they're killing too. Why don't you just go back to posting under your regular nick, we might even start to take you seriously if you actually had the gumption to quit trying to hide behind poorly conceived aliases.

Edited By: NOW3P on Jul 4th 2010, 17:31:20
See Original Post

Charles Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 17:32:18

lol, i hoped you'd understand the concept of how the community affects an individuals actions as this is presisely what you are doing. You are trying to change the way people play the game by threatening to maim anyone who double taps. Am i wrong?

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 17:33:35

in all fairness, gregg isn't threatening, if that's who you were directing that at.

Charles Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 17:36:53

Originally posted by Dragon:
I'll kill or maim for a double tap. How's THAT for candy ass clanny etiquette?

Fact is, you grab me more than once on this, the Tourney or Primary servers, you better turn it into a kill run.

There's many references like that throughout this thread made by various people.

Also no-one commented on the definition of a double tap in one of my previous posts?

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 17:40:25

Personally, I consider a double tap on THIS server to be 2 consecutive grabs. It's not really appropriate (imo) to use the same time standards as a server where turns roll at 1/5 or 1/6 the speed. I would say 24 hrs is a pretty realistic time frame to qualify additional grabs as "double, triple, etc". But then again, I usually don't do FA as I'm generally to forgiving on things that are so inconsequential as land loss.

My guess is Dragon considers a double tap 2 grabs throughout an entire reset though, given his attitude about things in general.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 17:55:31

Originally posted by Charles:
How do you define a double tap btw? Is it consecutive hits? or every 2 hours (the length of a PS), or more than one a day? or one every 3 days?

A double-tap is 2 consecutive hits, although I guess if you want to really de-simplify the issue, it could be 2 hits within any 24 hours, etc.

[quoteImo it should no longer be a double hit after 15 hours (the equivelent period of time between hits equals the Alliance standard of 3 days, 75 turns issued). [/quote]

I'm mostly talking about the guy who grabs you 2, 3, or 4 , etc. times consecutively in one run.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 17:59:36

Originally posted by NOW3P:
Dragon - Do you not understand that if people continue to leave the server for the exact same attitude that you yourself said you know is making people leave the server, it's eventually going to be shut down?

And by people grabbing excessively, they're driving off players tired of being landfarms and generally creating their own problems.

You're trying to justify what I feel to be excessive land grabbing, and if that's the mentality of players on the server, it NEEDS to shut down, I guess.

Sorry mate, but your idea of what's acceptable for being grabbed is just plain out selfish - if you don't wanna get grabbed, run a strat that can't be broken (C/I, T/I --> TTR, etc), don't act like a 5 yr old who got his favorite toy snatched from him.

That's priceless. What's selfish is players who think they're entitled to farm targets with no repercussion or consequence.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 18:06:21

None of it matters to me so long as nobody grabs me more than once. It's not my job to Police the Innocent Victims of Express. My job is to make you pay however I see fit if you come to my house more than I think you should.

I'm not going to convince you that it's bad that players find it acceptable to camp on an easy target and relieve it of a ton of acres.

Pain Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 18:50:28

i consider a double tap to be consecutive hits. if a guy hits me once then hits me again 2 days later im not gonna kill him for it, but im not gonna be happy and im def going to make sure i retal him for the hit. only reason i say this is because i dont always remember who i hit 2 days prior so it may not be someone whos just using you as an easy land target. i make it a point to not hit the same country more then once a set in ANY server.
Your mother is a nice woman

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 19:12:58

Originally posted by Pain:
i make it a point to not hit the same country more then once a set in ANY server.

There it is in a nutshell. Good sportsmanship.

starstalker4

Jul 4th 2010, 20:16:12

poor now3p

he doesnt even know there is a no drop land rule in express

he seems to think he is an expert on this server but he does not even know the rules his lack of education is hampering him yet again

i hope u all r starting to realize that his blathering about me being gregg is just bilbous blubbering bull bubblage

his opinion is not worth a pixel

dragongregg should feel free to retal however he wants

Edited By: starstalker4 on Jul 4th 2010, 20:50:57
See Original Post

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 20:29:57

Dude. You can keep baiting me, but since I'm not this Gregg guy, I really don't give a rat's ass. Mkay?

As far as NOW3P goes, he's entitled to his opinions just like you and I are and the truth of the matter is that I probably hold the minority opinion on the server.

I'm going to do my personal best to avoid insulting other players without backing off of my beliefs. How about you?

starstalker4

Jul 4th 2010, 20:55:43

how about me? ok

i have twice called for an end to the insults to no avail

but i will offer this pledge

if they stop lying all the time about me being gregg i will stop telling the truth in every post about their educational deficiencies

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 20:56:33

Originally posted by starstalker4:
poor now3p

he doesnt even know there is a no drop land rule in express

he seems to think he is an expert on this server but he does not even know the rules his lack of education is hampering him yet again

i hope u all r starting to realize that his blathering about me being gregg is just bilbous blubbering bull bubblage

his opinion is not worth a pixel

dragongregg should feel free to retal however he wants

You destroyed 10 Unused Lands.
This consumed $0.

Seems to work just fine for me - maybe you're not quite as informed as you'd like to think, gregg.

Dragon - lemme help this sink in fully for you, as it seems you're giving yourself a conniption over nothing....

Star Stalker, LaE Recruiter, and linconln = a player by the name of gregg. He dropped the gregg nick after he made a complete tool of himself, and one of the forum developers outsted his other aliases by stating that the IP's for all accounts are a direct match to his gregg nick. Nobody is baiting you, we're referring to him by his real nick, instead of the alias he posts from under the delusion here that nobody is intelligent enough to catcho on to his borderline schizo personality.

It's much more fun than addressing the alias directly, as they usually draw out those long, snarky posts like you see above, which generally turn out to be misinformed and full of bs.

Edited By: NOW3P on Jul 4th 2010, 21:02:13
See Original Post

starstalker4

Jul 4th 2010, 21:01:46

someone else want to enlighten this guy?

he apparently can not learn from me

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 21:04:16

What, u need a screen shot? Sorry gregg, you're just wrong on that one....and, of course, oh so many other things:

http://i85.photobucket.com/.../k48/jdbates/forgregg.jpg

Edited By: NOW3P on Jul 4th 2010, 21:09:29
See Original Post

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 21:14:31

I didn't mean that you were baiting me NOW3P. I meant him.

Despite the fact we couldn't disagree more on this subject, I think you're a good guy and truly interested in keeping the game viable; we just see differing avenues to that end.

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 21:41:31

I know I'm not baiting you - just wanted you to understand that he's not either, just a simple misunderstanding on how he prefers to refer to himself

I'm sure you're a good enough guy, hopefully no one is dumb enough to take these boards and what's posted here personally. Folks around here sometimes forget it's ok to disagree, and that doesn't make the other person a bad person, moron, dumbass, etc, etc, etc.

lincoln

Jul 4th 2010, 21:45:15

starstalker,
we all know he dropped out of college
u need not remind us every single post

the rule was recently put in place and NOW3P is just slow

if he really believed u were gregg he would not challenge u on the rules of the game

NOW3P run a simple experiment
LG somebody and then try to drop the land

then ask starstalker4 to explain the rule to you

oh and dragon there was a moderator who claimed that starstalker4 had the same puter as gregg but then one of the admins came on and said that was not true

i believe an admin over a moderator

Edited By: lincoln on Jul 5th 2010, 4:32:10
See Original Post
FoG

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 21:45:54

Well it didn't help that I came in here leading with my temper. As I said before, I could have found better ways to get my point across.

Dragon Game profile

Jul 4th 2010, 21:46:01

Oops. Double post.

Edited By: Dragon on Jul 4th 2010, 21:46:25
See Original Post

lincoln

Jul 5th 2010, 4:38:21

ok i had a long talk with an admin

i understand now what happened with SYN and LaE and how primeval misled so many people into believing starstalker4 is gregg

it didnt help that he wrote that funny novella about gregg

my puter is now cleaned of all malware

even though that all happened before i started posting it is a fascinating story

FoG

ICe Man

Jul 5th 2010, 4:44:40

Wow... lol
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Pain Game profile

Jul 5th 2010, 5:37:26

you gotta give it to him, he plays a great schitzo.

Havoc Game profile

Jul 5th 2010, 13:30:13

kinda gives me the heebie jeebies.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

starstalker4

Jul 5th 2010, 18:27:03

it seems i owe NOW3P an apology

he really did believe I was gregg

so i apologize

it is primeval who did this
my puter is now also cleared of all malware

if any of you had any direct forum contact on the private message board with gregg after the NBK recruitment letter which was sent to all SYN players after what has come to be called the first infiltration
you need to clear your puters of the icq bot launchbox

Edited By: starstalker4 on Jul 5th 2010, 18:41:58
See Original Post

Pain Game profile

Jul 5th 2010, 18:55:43

just had to turn someone into a 14K acre parking lot. shame i had to do it. he grabbed me last night for 900 acres, which i would have let go, but then this morning he decided to come back with a double tap.

apparently the guy in 2nd place though he would double tap me this morning also, a serious BS bottomfeed. hes lucky i had 3 nukes or he woulda been a parking lot too.

Havoc Game profile

Jul 5th 2010, 21:18:08

Please stop referring to your computer/laptop/browser/IP/anything technology related as "puter" . It is unnecessarily bugging the hell out of me. Also, the drop land rule was explained in the bugs/suggestion forum I believe.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 5th 2010, 23:49:04

Originally posted by starstalker4:

it is primeval who did this
my puter is now also cleared of all malware

Primeval wasn't the forum mod/designer that posted all that info on how your IP matches gregg's. Nice try though. ;-)

I stand corrected on the land dropping change. I thought that was still in the possibilities box. Guess I should suicide more, I'd probably know these things...

Edited By: NOW3P on Jul 6th 2010, 1:00:06
See Original Post

Uticant Game profile

Jul 6th 2010, 0:22:06

I personally think double taps are not that bad. I would not feel the need to ruin someones round based on 2 hits.

You guys are being a little absurd. If there was 2k players then since there would be more targets, a double tap wouldn't be necessary. With less targets, double taps happen.

Express just allows someone to "suicide" on someone easier with all the turns that are accrued so quickly.

All explore is a good netting strategy here, but personally that gets a little boring. The landgrabbing in this game is what makes it interesting for me.

Crackhead Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 6th 2010, 1:15:01

I finished the fattest so I win

20285 acres

Edited By: Crackhead on Jul 6th 2010, 1:15:30
See Original Post

Pain Game profile

Jul 6th 2010, 3:23:09

double tapping is unnecessary. if you cant net properly with single grabs then you should play another server where land is more readily available. you guys think double taps arent that bad but when you log in and 3 different countries double tapped you its becomes annoying, and quite frankly it can ruin your set.

im trying to refrain from ruining peoples sets for double taps, but its the only way to get the point across that its unnacceptable. if it causes them to leave the game then good, one less asshole farming everyone.

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 5:27:40

Wouldn't the lack of available land on this server be MORE of an incentive to accept double taps w/o acting like a 5 yr old about it? Or would you prefer this just turned into an all-x server? I mean, with only 100 or so countries, only half of which are grabbable or worth grabbing, the targets are pretty limited, and not hitting the same country 2x in 24 hrs is damn near impossible. I know when I'm grabbing, I'm making 30-40 grabs a day....

And you gotta be kidding me on the whole 3-4 double taps thing...I got grabbed 9 times this set, retalled 5, and ended up with more land than I had before I was hit. I also would have finished top 3 if I had been home to destock my 1.8 billion in cash. Not to mention, that if you get hit 6 times between log-ins, DR's will protect you from losing much land after the first 3 grabs. Although imo, if you don't wanna get bottom fed, stay off the bottom would be my advice...getting grabbed 6 times between logins is a REAL good indication you're running far too slim on def.

If you think anyone else leaving this server is a good idea currently, I'm just gonna go ahead and consider your opinion completely invalid...especially when it's over something so completely childish, it's just ridiculous. Were you not around to see what happened to Tourney server under Jolt/Omac? I can pretty much guarantee you the current developers won't waste their time/efforts to run a server for 40-50 people (which at the current rate of loss, will be 10-12 weeks from now).

Edited By: NOW3P on Jul 7th 2010, 5:32:20
See Original Post

mrford Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 5:39:44

This thread is a kickass read
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Pain Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 6:50:08

Originally posted by NOW3P:
Wouldn't the lack of available land on this server be MORE of an incentive to accept double taps w/o acting like a 5 yr old about it? Or would you prefer this just turned into an all-x server? I mean, with only 100 or so countries, only half of which are grabbable or worth grabbing, the targets are pretty limited, and not hitting the same country 2x in 24 hrs is damn near impossible. I know when I'm grabbing, I'm making 30-40 grabs a day....

And you gotta be kidding me on the whole 3-4 double taps thing...I got grabbed 9 times this set, retalled 5, and ended up with more land than I had before I was hit. I also would have finished top 3 if I had been home to destock my 1.8 billion in cash. Not to mention, that if you get hit 6 times between log-ins, DR's will protect you from losing much land after the first 3 grabs. Although imo, if you don't wanna get bottom fed, stay off the bottom would be my advice...getting grabbed 6 times between logins is a REAL good indication you're running far too slim on def.

If you think anyone else leaving this server is a good idea currently, I'm just gonna go ahead and consider your opinion completely invalid...especially when it's over something so completely childish, it's just ridiculous. Were you not around to see what happened to Tourney server under Jolt/Omac? I can pretty much guarantee you the current developers won't waste their time/efforts to run a server for 40-50 people (which at the current rate of loss, will be 10-12 weeks from now).

why with less land on the server, would that make anyone be more open to accept double taps? wouldnt it be the complete opposite?

you do realize not every strat allows you to be in the top 10 all set, so being bottom fed is pretty much unavoidable. and how do you figure DR will protect you? isnt it like 4 hours for DR to end? i dont know about you but i dont sit on my PC all day waiting to log in to my country every 4 hours. i log in after full turns which is about once a day.

i dont really think i need to sit here and make a long winded post on why i think multi-tapping in a short timed, land thin server is bullfluff. but you can defend it all you want. im going to continue retalling as i see fit for more then one hit.

de1i Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 7:16:31

Land being scarce or not I find it hard to accept 1 LG, 2 is just pushing it :)

Pain grabbed me last reset :(

Pain Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 7:17:41

Originally posted by de1i:
Land being scarce or not I find it hard to accept 1 LG, 2 is just pushing it :)

Pain grabbed me last reset :(

im sorry deli :(

send me a pact this set if you want.

de1i Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 7:27:45

Will do, I almost sent 60 missiles your way just because :)

Pain Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 7:31:29

i wouldnt have been mad at you, its that 1:kill policy running off into express :P

de1i Game profile

Jul 7th 2010, 7:39:50

1:bored and missed playing 2 days ;)

General TwizTid

Jul 7th 2010, 12:09:25

So what happened to this starstalker/gregg character?
General TwizTid
NBK HFA - FFA
EEVIL Member - Alliance
MSN:
yahoo:
#nbk on irc.gamesurge.net
http://nbk.boxcarhosting.com
[01:37] <@Gambit> if it has a hole, ill fill it!