Verified:

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 18th 2011, 14:19:56

@zarcon: there's always going to be something to argue about. From the day I started playing this game until the present there was always something game related that people would debate.
:P
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 19th 2011, 4:16:18

There is a cost to making the DR/ghost system more complex. It's already too complex for most players to understand or remember. This isn't a bug or exploit that's easy to solve like the restarting tech ally exploit.

Even if we did code out intratag hits, people would just find a way around it. You're going to have to take a stand against the behavior you don't like eventually. We can't code every little thing out of the game.

AxAlar Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 5:02:11

Originally posted by hanlong:
i love the enthusiasm dagga

B+

that made me chuckle
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

NOW3P Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 5:04:36

Just make bot countries that attempt a 100 jet PS on a country immediately after every intratag hit :-)

Rockman Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 5:07:56

Why is farming untaggeds, and whining about the lack of untaggeds until bot countries are put in the game better than intra-tag landtrading or farming?

BobbyATA Game profile

Jul 19th 2011, 23:39:18

it already occurs that two people in different clans landtrade. And putting in DRs between coutnries would seem to limit to guys legitimately going after each other. I say its up to clans to limit behavior like this they don't like...

euglaf Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:09:03

Originally posted by Slagpit:
No one answered me, so I'm going to assume that exactly zero (0) landtrading countries have finished in the top ten. So here are the facts as I know them:

-an alliance has never landtraded to win average nw
-an alliance never landtraded to win total nw
-a warring alliance has never landtraded to get an advantage in war
-a country has never landtraded to get into the top ten

So what exactly is the issue here? Either the behavior some of you are worried about isn't possible or the server/players already self regulate it out of existence.

Also Dragonlance, if you're going to bring up the "OMG untagged farming" issue in every thread, I'm going to point out how much of it is due to people like you. I'm sure you don't want to have that conversation publicly, so kindly knock it off.

I guess thats one down. 3 more to go? although the warring one will probably never even be attempted... so really just 2 more to go?

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 5th 2011, 0:11:57

Yeah, KJ is a noob so he failed to knock him out of the top ten. If you're so offended, why not do something about it?

locket Game profile

Aug 5th 2011, 0:33:42

slagpit, you had to know someone would get top ten by landtrading sooner or later. And now it was one of the non netting clans.

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 5th 2011, 0:54:17

I landtraded on FFA to get an advantage in war.

exile

Aug 7th 2011, 3:43:45

Good read. Bonus points. Land trading is for sissies.

diez Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 5:25:04

Originally posted by highrock:
Originally posted by Slagpit:

-a country has never landtraded to get into the top ten

to be fair, no country has landtraded into the top ten because those who do it are utterly incompetent at netting and the good netters currently do not believe in it. i'm pretty sure any of the top 30-40 netters in EE could landtrade into the top ten easily if they chose to.

agreed, top netters have too much pride to do this kind of crap.

PS: it's intratag, not inter tag nubs -_-

AoS Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 5:43:39

Why not just have it have the same effect as having not enough food/cash on hand, and have military and population desert? I mean, would real people be happy if their country attacked their allies? Most likely not. The country could still do it, but it would have some pretty bad side effects. :P
The dreamer is banished to obscurity.

Dragonlance Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 6:44:59

no he genuinely wants intertag hits eliminated so that we are forced to landtrade within our alliances instead of grabbing...:p

MR BUTTMAN

Aug 7th 2011, 14:30:16

Originally posted by Ozzite:
Originally posted by highrock:
totally agree. it also makes absolutely no sense. in real life, fellow members of NATO do not attack each other.

thats a fluffing stupid argument

ha!

MR BUTTMAN

Aug 7th 2011, 14:38:06

oops, i quoted the wrong post :(

i liked tertius's comment 'they would if they had ghost acres!' in response to highrocks pose.. screw ozzite!

fazer Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 16:48:20

aos, I like that idea !
- -

Fazer - MGP

"if somethings not fun, why do it?"

http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=MGP

ZIP Game profile

Aug 7th 2011, 16:49:18

leave it alone - there is no problem
it is all in your head
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops