Verified:

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 0:32:03

Exactly my point. The only player interaction is social and not ingame as it should be. This server is boring and stagnant. Nothing ever changes. Either you get hit by NBK, IMP or CC or you dont. Those that do, fluff moan and complain, those that dont, fill up the top 100 with land traded and self farmed countries.
FFA Server - Paragon of Duality
Alliance Server - Moral Decay

KyleCleric Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 0:35:40

Great job, TKO.
This is our fluffing city. And no one is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 0:38:10

Yes, God forbid player interaction be friendly. If you're not being douchebags to each other, you're not interacting properly.

When the threshholds for top 10, top 100, etc. more than double in just two sets time, the game is "boring and stagnant" and "nothing ever changes".

Great job TKO and PANLV. Good to see netters finally not sucking :)

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 0:40:44

TKOwnd 343 $39,084,197,580 $113,948,098
PANLV 184 $27,187,391,004 $147,757,560

You better have that country name ready havoc :P

Good show TKO, that's alotta NW
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 0:46:33

Any game with troops, jets, turrets and tanks should not be driven by friendly player interaction. It can be governed by friendly player interaction, but not driven by it. As I said before, if this isn't a war game, change the name of troops/tanks/jets to daisy/lillies/roses so you can really have the game you want to play.

And the threshholds for top 10 - top 100 doubled in two sets because instead of 30% of the players self farming / land trading, its more like 75% now. And of course that's going to happen when the server was designed to drive a big chunk of the anti-self farmers from the server.

Rockman Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 0:57:34

What is wrong with friendly player interaction? In the real world, countries have militaries, is it preferable if the US and Europe are douchebags to each other? Or should they be friendly?

Countries thrive when they work cooperatively, and they suffer when they act against each other. Countries become rich and happy during peacetime, not during war.

Any game with markets and production should thrive on mutually beneficial interactions, rather than being dependent on people artificially creating conflict contrary to their own self interest.

In the real world, engaging in war has long term consequences and is inadvisable. The goal is to keep your own country from getting ruined, not to ruin other countries with no regards to your own country's well being. Mutually Assured Destruction was a valuable part of foreign policy in the real world, but the immature people playing this game don't have the self-preservation instinct to ensure that mutually assured destruction deters them from acting counter to their own self interest.

If you want this to be a mutually assured destruction wargame, just put a big red self destruct button when you login to the country so that you can cause armaggedon and blow yourself up. Don't call them troops/tanks/jets, just call it self destruct button/ suicide bombers / kamikaze pilots.

Twain Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 1:07:53

Originally posted by DeDLySMuRF:
Any game with troops, jets, turrets and tanks should not be driven by friendly player interaction. It can be governed by friendly player interaction, but not driven by it. As I said before, if this isn't a war game, change the name of troops/tanks/jets to daisy/lillies/roses so you can really have the game you want to play.

And the threshholds for top 10 - top 100 doubled in two sets because instead of 30% of the players self farming / land trading, its more like 75% now. And of course that's going to happen when the server was designed to drive a big chunk of the anti-self farmers from the server.

better idea: instead of using the military as an obvious reason to show him its a war game, use the way the players are ranked: by networ... oh wait. nevermind.

Pain Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 2:41:31

twownage
Your mother is a nice woman

Havoc Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 4:05:22

rocktwonage
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 6:11:53

Hey I really don't care anymore. Its your server now, not mine. I want no part of it. The game mods obviously wanted this server to go in this direction, so I'll let it go on without me.

I'll continue playing the other servers, where this game still has player interaction. This server is pretty much dead in that regard.

highrock Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 6:17:31

Has anybody beaten my one man tag no self farming ANW record here yet?
formerly Viola MD

Pain Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 6:30:38

idk whats the record? i would say probably not as most people dont try to net in 1 man tags.
Your mother is a nice woman

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Sep 30th 2011, 6:31:20

if you dont care why the hell did u even bother to post ??

FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 9:30:11

Originally posted by Warster:

Out of curiosity, how many countries in the top 10/25/50 were not involved in land trading or self farming? I'm not playing, so I don't really know.

But if Networth records are being broken, I suspect that 90% of the countries were self farmed and land traded. Am I right?

I said from the start that I am not playing, and that I was just curious if the ANW record was broken only because more people self farmed and land traded. That has obviously be answered.

vern Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 10:48:35

dedly makes very good point

bertz Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 11:12:03

If the game is dead, then we who plays it are walking dead? lol

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 13:14:13

Originally posted by Warster:

Out of curiosity, how many countries in the top 10/25/50 were not involved in land trading or self farming? I'm not playing, so I don't really know.

But if Networth records are being broken, I suspect that 90% of the countries were self farmed and land traded. Am I right?

I said from the start that I am not playing, and that I was just curious if the ANW record was broken only because more people self farmed and land traded. That has obviously be answered.

That doesn't really answer warster's question .. curiosity usually implies caring. And yes netting records were broke and will continue to be broke by people utlizing their resources in better ways
Wiggity

msn -

Twain Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 14:45:35

Also a couple of fun stats:

TKO vs. PAN

T10s, TKO kicked our butts, getting 7 of the 10 slots. With Elysium getting the other 3, PAN was shut out.

T100s, PAN won 44-36, and the two clans combined therefore had 80 of the 100 t100 countries.

Elysium also had a pretty darn good showing for a first set together and it'll be interesting to see if they can make a big step up against TKO, PAN and other clans that MIGHT netgain like Mercs. I'd imagine it'll be tough for all 4 of these net-first clans (at least that's what I assume Mercs is trying to be, just an assumption though) to all netgain peacefully. I'd imagine one of us will be picked off for a war. I vote for someone other than PAN. :P

mike Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 15:12:25

Hey I really don't care anymore. Its your server now, not mine. I want no part of it. The game mods obviously wanted this server to go in this direction, so I'll let it go on without me.

I'll continue playing the other servers, where this game still has player interaction. This server is pretty much dead in that regard.

selffarming is something others choose to do that i never will. that doesnt take away the interaction in the server. if you are going to post thoughts that simply don't make sense, the server is glad you are gone. enjoy dagga in 1A.
Carpe Cerevisi

KeTcHuP Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 17:34:36

How is it any less interaction then a all-x coutnry?
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

DeDLySMuRF Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 21:05:21

Who said anything about all-x countries? I don't run all-x countries on the other servers.

FFA is different though. Everyone either runs all-x, self farms or does land trading. That is why I think this server is pretty much dead and there is no real player interaction.

Chaoswind Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 22:17:24

I grab with half of my 16...

and grabbing is much better than land trading, just takes a ton more time + the risk
Elysium Lord of fluff
PDM Lord of fluff
Flamey = Fatty
Crazymatt is Fatty 2

Bigwiggle Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 22:32:44

I don't see a dead server ;) It's tough to not have player interaction when every clan is constantly close to war
Wiggity

msn -

ZIP Game profile

Sep 30th 2011, 23:52:09

come to #elysium on ee server
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

NightShade

Oct 1st 2011, 0:27:53

Heh. :P
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

KeTcHuP Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 2:08:13

There wouldnt be this much debating if this server was dead.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

kemo Game profile

Oct 2nd 2011, 3:31:00

weird how a dead server keeps growin every set
all praised to ra

Drinks Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 10:59:47

I agree with kemo too often.

But yet again, what kemo and ketch and biggle said ^
(thats right i nick named your nickname bigwiggle)
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Bigwiggle Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 17:59:57

This could be a damn competitive set for TKO/PAN/Ely if all 3 net. My decay bonus being nerfed makes me a sad panda though :(
Wiggity

msn -

Angryjesus Game profile

Oct 3rd 2011, 20:31:04

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:
This could be a damn competitive set for TKO/PAN/Ely if all 3 net. My decay bonus being nerfed makes me a sad panda though :(

me too. a very sad panda :( :(