Verified:

KeTcHuP Game profile

Feb 24th 2012, 23:25:32

And targeting K4F. Cause he sux0rs.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Tbag

Feb 24th 2012, 23:49:51

1.suiciders know how to damage a country and kill also. NEW PEOPLE DONT.

2.This game would be so much better if brand new players were coming and staying here to enjoy the game, making the whole game better by the increase of players.

3.suiciders have always made it a pain...but then again look back over the years even those crazy people and all their bad ways, have kept this game interesting...(no superhero's without super villians)

4. SHOOT the villians, not the new guys looking at the wrong end of the gun before they figure not to pull their own trigger.

5. its simple folks, you guys know how to run a spy op, if the untag is built correctly to damage or kill...its probably a suicider...a new guy would not have a clue how to build and would show in the spy op...

6 all for stopping cheats and suicides, but not for chasing the few new players that happen to come by.
Netters, LOWER your expectations so I can live UP to them !!!
Tbag~KSM

Angryjesus Game profile

Feb 24th 2012, 23:54:26

Originally posted by Tbag:

2.This game would be so much better if brand new players were coming and staying here to enjoy the game, making the whole game better by the increase of players.

3.suiciders have always made it a pain...but then again look back over the years even those crazy people and all their bad ways, have kept this game interesting...(no superhero's without super villians)

4. SHOOT the villians, not the new guys looking at the wrong end of the gun before they figure not to pull their own trigger.

5. its simple folks, you guys know how to run a spy op, if the untag is built correctly to damage or kill...its probably a suicider...a new guy would not have a clue how to build and would show in the spy op...

6 all for stopping cheats and suicides, but not for chasing the few new players that happen to come by.

Obviously you only read the title or don't have basic reading comprehension but yes this is what we plan on doing.

ZIP Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 0:51:56

the game or the server?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

venum Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 1:25:28

To be honest, if the new player gets killed because they are trying to stop suiciders they probably wont turn into a suicider as its asking to get killed over and over again. Ya you might get mad and vent like I did on here but in the end as a new player, what are you going to learn by trying to war players who know how to war and you have no idea what your doing other then thinking I want payback. What the best thing the new player can do...like I did....let everyone on here know your new and hopefully they will respect that your trying to learn and to kill that person again (assuming they are truely netting like myself) will just deter the new players from playing this game permanetly. I'm sure they can spy op me and see I have no intentions to suicide or war.

Khavic25 Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 6:31:08

grabbing/retalling incorrectly and getting killed for it is one thing. logging in to a bunch of dead countries is another. if i logged in and all my countries were dead i would make new ones and suicide on as amny countries as i could every few days for the rest of the set. i might even continue it into the next set.

killing all untags is a good way to make more suiciders and or push players from the game
Damn missed it

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Feb 25th 2012, 6:33:22

and so is killing countries of people that never touched the suiciders,

the whole situation is lose:lose
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

Khavic25 Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 6:58:47

Originally posted by Warster:
and so is killing countries of people that never touched the suiciders,

+1

very true

at least in the case of the newly created suicider they would be retalling the same tag that killed them

even though you are correct in stating that the countries killed would probably not be the countries that did the KR's

Damn missed it

venum Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 13:02:37

Khavic, I came on and had 14 of 16 countries dead by CC, I hold no gudge what so ever because as a new player I UNDERSTAND you have a problem with suiciders and your just trying to stop them, if they I knew to come on here I wouldnt of got killed so it is just me not knowing how to play in a way that got me killed. I accept that and as a new player I want to learn, I dont know how to war/suicide or kill anyone so it would be pointless to try to suicide someone that is already looking for people like me, just asking to get killed over and over and if you dont want to have 14/16 dead countries you dont make countries to suicide? Simple?

venum Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 13:06:21

Kinda confused myself and others in those sentences....but you get the drift.....a true new player doesnt know how to suicide and kill someone, gonna do something like I did the first time I got killed, someone triple tapped me, I logged on and attacked his 1 country with everything I had and didnt even kill him because I didnt know to save turns or anything like that. I hit him 30 times, then to come back on and have most my countries dead. 2nd time I got killed was because I did have techers with a fluff ton of missiles as backup if I had to defend myself again....stupid idea on my part....just made me look like a suicider unknowingly....now I understand land trading and I have no need to hit someone in another tag for any reason.

Drinks Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 13:12:41

Venum. Best advice i got for you.

Is join a tag.

No matter what you do as a solo player. It is very likely you will get killed or attacked a lot for no real reason.

Join a tag and they can help teach you how to play better and also provide protection for you as.
<Drinks> going to bed
<Drinks> pm me if I get hit
<-- Drinks is now known as DrinksInBed -->
<DrinksInBed> looks like I'm an alcoholic

Popcom Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 15:08:30

this is so nonsensical its hilarious.

so if i shot a NM then did a SS then shot a EM and did a BR would u consider me to be a suicider?

why? i really haven't damaged your country. so i must be new, and therefore you wouldn't kill me right?

1A - BLOWS
FFA- NBK4Life

~If at first you don't succeed, you are clearly not Popcom~

Kill4Free Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 16:17:31

*BR's Popcom*
So many ways to die, only one way to live...
NBK

venum Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 16:52:40

Popcorn...think about what you just said...you launch 2 missiles and attack them twice, now you have taken the statement you quoted out of context.

Tbag is 100% right, a new player doesnt know how to truely hurt or kill a good player, I can vouch for that, I tried to kill someone and failed horribly. If someone is a true suicider I would assume as a new player it is a veteran from a different server that you possibly pissed off and they game to this server to get payback. Sure I've read cross server isnt cool but if your suiciding I'm sure crossing servers to do it isnt affecting your morales about the game...

KeTcHuP Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 18:49:04

Originally posted by Popcom:

this is so nonsensical its hilarious.

so if i shot a NM then did a SS then shot a EM and did a BR would u consider me to be a suicider?

why? i really haven't damaged your country. so i must be new, and therefore you wouldn't kill me right?

Originally you were talking about new countries that HAVNT hit us, now you are talking about new countries that HAVE hit us? Its a bit different popcom. If that country did that id send a message first, explaining why its wrong if its obviously a retarted player/n00b. Wait for the response and take it from there.

Agressive response/trying to tell me off? Kill it.

Apologetic/not knowing what they are doing response? Id try to get him to join a clan to learn.

And if we kill any innocent untags contact me, im more then willing to work reps out etc. Ive always owned up to TKO mistakes and have been willing to mkae it right.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

Khavic25 Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 20:06:40

*suicides Rebel* in popcom's defense
Damn missed it

Dragon Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 21:53:07

I won't personally do it or endorse my tag just "pre-emptively" killing untags or even what will ievitably be the server policy to kill "spam tags" (yes, that's where this is headed just like in Alliance).

If provoked, sure. "Terminate With Extreme Prejudice" is a phrase that comes to mind. HOWEVER....

If I might ask, are the clans who feel the most "victimized" here actually doing their due dilligence and actually having some military and SDI?

Here's my point. There's a "back-end cost" to all this self farming stuff, and while self-farming may not be the specific REASON people are getting "suicided on", my guess is that players are leaving themselves vulnerable to that kind of stuff by not having sufficient defense.

I know that the big tags (especially) get targeted by suiciders. I ALSO know that said "suiciders" aren't probably n00bs playing fast and loose in complete ignorance of "server etiquette".

Most likely, it's a matter of "established players" running untagged or running multis to just cause trouble and to grind axes. Like others have said... What are the chances that a true n00b has the knowledge and skill to kill a reasonably defended country or countries?

I really don't like the whole idea of whacking "untags" without provocation when some simple alternatives can be applied. Really, a spy op or two would tell me if I'm dealing with a n00b or someone with a plan.

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised to see me become the "newest victim" because I firmly believe that there are players on this server with a vested interest in creating the unstable environment we're currently seeing, and speaking out about it gets you painted.

This isn't about new players who just go ape fluff. However, I HIGHLY recommend that all new players introduce themselves to the server and tag their countries. I also believe that we "established" players have an obligation to at least make the effort to contact the owners of untagged countries that do stupid things to us before we just erase them.

And again, a couple spy ops and a little investigation will tell any vet whether it's a n00b or not. I just don't want to see this server become "1a Lite" and I'm afraid that's where it's headed.

smegma Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 25th 2012, 23:04:20

I see it as every creature has it's natural predator. Since many people are opposed to self-farming it is perfectly natural for suiciders to spring up to control self-farming. I do not like them but fully understand them.

They are raising the price on self-farming and it is part of natural selection. If you want to self-farm, it will cost you more to survive.

And there is nothing wrong with killing off the untags. If they are running heavy jetters, then they run that risk. Again they need to defend themselves as well. People like to kill and they make great targets. Warring clans have to have some fun.

Bigwiggle Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 23:55:40

I don't think we'll come close to 1A style of untag treatment just because our netters here like to hit themselves .. agree with you though dragon if I see a well built untagged fresh restart farmer I'm assuming it's not a noob, and the only reason for it being untagged is that it's gonna kick my ass
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Bigwiggle Game profile

Feb 25th 2012, 23:57:25

I don't think we'll come close to 1A style of untag treatment just because our netters here like to hit themselves .. agree with you though dragon if I see a well built untagged fresh restart farmer I'm assuming it's not a noob, and the only reason for it being untagged is that it's gonna kick my ass
Wiggity

msn -

pokey Game profile

Feb 26th 2012, 3:15:27

two minutes in between? did you retype that whole thing and repost it?
--TheOmega--
--Pandora's Last Vikings--
http://www.eepandora.com

Twain Game profile

Feb 26th 2012, 3:37:59

Wiggle's just trying to build post count. When I become a board mod, I'll reset him back to 0.

Gmann03 Game profile

Feb 26th 2012, 3:44:23

do it quickly
Lot/Mars2025
http://cc.ghqnet.com
http://
http://sol.ghqnet.com
http://lot.ghqnet.com

Havoc Game profile

Feb 26th 2012, 4:26:32

I wish I could just upvote or like things on here instead of having to leave some useless comment..

also, *kills dragon*
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Dragon Game profile

Feb 26th 2012, 18:42:04

*dies*

Link Game profile

Feb 27th 2012, 19:01:06

hell yea, tag up or fluff off :P
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Bigwiggle Game profile

Feb 28th 2012, 2:41:43

I feel like this string I'm after now is either a dumb and sequential suicider or a war restart in hiding. Apologies to the latter
Wiggity

msn -

QM Diver Game profile

Feb 29th 2012, 11:03:11

Maybe the game builders need to add a line or two on the main pages, or even ingame, for nOObs. Educating them that there IS an FFAT, and to refer to FFAT for tips inside information.

Might help new players from too quickly becoming X-players..

Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Havoc Game profile

Feb 29th 2012, 15:56:30

Agreed..
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

iTz Klutch Game profile

Feb 29th 2012, 17:01:11

Originally posted by QM Diver:
Maybe the game builders need to add a line or two on the main pages, or even ingame, for nOObs. Educating them that there IS an FFAT, and to refer to FFAT for tips inside information.

Might help new players from too quickly becoming X-players..

yeah that is a solid idea. getting them to the boards to recognize that the forums aren't a debugging area is great lol. the society we've created here is perhaps the strongest reason to stay around. that and the drunken posts that dragon and bsnake make when they can't hold their liquor.
[Carpe Cerevisi] in FFA

everything else is JUST A TOY

Dragon Game profile

Feb 29th 2012, 19:56:14

Too bad you can't actually make them confirm on a thread in FFAt before they can even take a turn.

nico Game profile

Feb 29th 2012, 21:47:42

they should have them go through a trial where they are taught how to post an 'intro thread' on the forums before going through turns! like a test that allows them to play a country.