Verified:

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2013, 10:54:27

Hi All!

As some of you may be aware, I've been working on modifying the game framework for some time (first commit was January 4th *2012*, though I'd been working on some concepts in December 2011).

The changes effectively modify nearly every URL in the game, making it more like a directory structure. Since I was changing the framework, I also fixed up a lot of our original code while going through. So it effectively became a code review.

The reasons behind the changes were:
a) we want to be able to integrate the forums into the game at some point
b) the sub-domain format was causing an increasing number of problems for people due to cookies not always working on some devices, or intermittently
c) the sub-domain format is annoying for Google tools & SEO &etc (yes it works if you mess with it)
d) some of the basics of the site were coded *really fast* in 2009 to prep for OMAC closing E2025; users and servers were used simply as globalled id's which then grabbed stuff from cache -- while efficient in terms of speed, it was really annoying to code with; so I've upgraded all the basics that should have been OOP to start with to OOP

Anyway, despite the fact that I've been playing my country on this code for some weeks, *I have changed nearly every line of code in the game* over the last year. So I expect some errors.

I'm fixing them as they show up in our live error feed, but there'll be some inevitable ones that I've missed. Let us know on B&S, I'll get to them ASAP.

Thank you all again for your continued support :)

-qzjul & the EE Dev Team

Edited By: qzjul on Aug 23rd 2013, 18:17:33
See Original Post
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 11:35:05

set end date is still n/a in clan summary.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

afaik Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 11:45:37

i've noticed three changes already :P it's like hunting for easter eggs.. good work getting it up and running!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2013, 12:21:25

Originally posted by Marshal:
set end date is still n/a in clan summary.

The idea was to clone it almost identically :) and then worry about bugfixes. Though I'm still not sure that counts as a bug.

However, I did fix some brokenness as I ran into it.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2013, 12:57:36

This has been put temporarily on hold! Despite the week+ of testing, it appears nobody ever bothered to try sending FA; I completely forgot about it apparently, so I'm reverting, and will convert that tomorrow, and then try again heh.

afaik Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 13:27:27

:/ ouch, small oversight and quick recovery though, cheers.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 16:41:29

should have told laffers and rders to test faing. :P

OneMansArmy Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 20:37:38

I was viewing the changes last night but didn't have time to post. But I did notice that when I moused over the amount of Food I had at the top bar, it no longer gave me a mouse-over text telling me how many turns it would cover. I could still figure it out by going to the adviser page, but having the mouse over was very convenient.
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 12th 2013, 21:58:36

Yea I'll have to find that, I'm not sure where it was added; I'll ask pang :)

synoder Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 21:59:20

I didn't even realize you could do that, cool!

Marshal Game profile

Jan 12th 2013, 22:11:29

i used advisor to calc how many bushels i need for batch explore and and otherwise i compared bushels usage between turn usage and that way estimated how long current bushels last (few times it was very close).

blid

EE Patron

Jan 13th 2013, 2:22:37

Once this is complete, it will mean you can easily enact new changes, right? mwahaha
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 13th 2013, 2:55:08

Did the change in saved Spyops change? Have to get used to this new look. It looks like an advisor page.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

h2orich Game profile

Jan 15th 2013, 14:11:32

Yes at least now the new look on the saved spy ops does not require you to use a third party program/website to get the opponent's weapons %.

You should also change the lay-out of the spy op you are currently taking instead of having to go to your saved spy ops to see the weapons %

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2013, 0:20:21

Okay, this is Live again! horray!

blid

EE Patron

Jan 16th 2013, 16:41:14

Great job qz. Wow, everything looks slightly different, i could tell right away!

Quick report, I notice any time I click on an ally from the relations screen, the word "Array" appears above their information. Also please disable the missile pics! :)
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

crest23 Game profile

Jan 16th 2013, 19:10:22

Now I realize what I don't like about the saved spy report. It doesn't tell me the defense bonus like the spy report does. If I cannot go back enough to see the original spyop, spy again?
The Nigerian Nightmare.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 16th 2013, 21:27:21

Originally posted by crest23:
Now I realize what I don't like about the saved spy report. It doesn't tell me the defense bonus like the spy report does. If I cannot go back enough to see the original spyop, spy again?

yep, not sure if any of hosting sites add it to spyop-page.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2013, 21:55:09

Originally posted by crest23:

I'll re-add it; this is the stuff you were all supposed to test for lol! :) give me a bit and i'll put that in; trying to figure out PG's mobile issue first )

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2013, 21:56:08

Originally posted by blid:
Great job qz. Wow, everything looks slightly different, i could tell right away!

Quick report, I notice any time I click on an ally from the relations screen, the word "Array" appears above their information. Also please disable the missile pics! :)

=D

and huh, you're right; dunno how i missed that; probably because it's just minor text... i'll see what i've done there

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 16th 2013, 22:01:13

Originally posted by blid:
Quick report, I notice any time I click on an ally from the relations screen, the word "Array" appears above their information.

Fixed

synoder Game profile

Jan 16th 2013, 23:33:34

in the FFA control panel the "new sales" notice in the economy tab does not go away when you log in.

pokey Game profile

Jan 17th 2013, 19:21:23

Originally posted by synoder:
in the FFA control panel the "new sales" notice in the economy tab does not go away when you log in.

same here, just to confirm.
--TheOmega--
--Pandora's Last Vikings--
http://www.eepandora.com

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jan 17th 2013, 21:15:26

errr

k...